It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible AboveTopSecret security problem?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well JohnNada, my sincere apolgies! I should have simply listened to you in the begining and this would have been settled long ago. Also, I perhaps should have asked a Mod/Admin, but I thought that maybe I could get more people's opinions on it and that maybe they haven't noticed it...but anyhow, thanks for clearing this up with me!

J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
not sure if this is still the case...
the version of xmb that this board is based on has a bug where if an account is deleted, its status automatically changes itself to 'administrator'.
this isn't a concern for security.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by echelon]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon
not sure if this is still the case...
the version of xmb that this board is based on has a bug where if an account is deleted, its status automatically changes itself to 'administrator'.
this isn't a concern for security.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by echelon]

THAT SHOULD EXPLAIN A WHOLE LOT.

Nice.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok everyone, Kano just cleared it up for me...if you said that it was just a backup account you were right, Kano said that it just for the Senior staff to have an emergency account...big relief...
. I would like to thank Kano for the quick reply to me also!

Thanks,
J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer It makes sense for an Admin to have more than one member account incase one gets corrupted doesn't it?
BINGO! It's my account... an emergency admin in the event something goes wrong with this account.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by echelon if an account is deleted, its status automatically changes itself to 'administrator'.
Long since fixed by me. And the XMB bug only was involved with the displayed status within a thread, not the actual user status and rights within the board.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarfication SkepticOverlord! I have a question though, what if your backups are corrupted, then your normal accounts get corrupted? That maybe a stupid question, but what's the backup backup plan? Can't you just edit your members table and change something or add an account...I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your time,
J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As far as many people looking but not responding, I think a lot of members looked on to this link to see if it was something that we need to concern ourselves with. If you take it into consideration, a lot of people seem to be paranoid.
I'm one of them at times.
It's nice to know that this has been cleared up though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join