It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone ever seen the full video of this family

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Thank you. I will check it out when I can. In the middle of a move right now.

If he sends me the 1997 version when I get around to ordering I swear I will scream.

According to him he has absolutely NO PROOF that he was truly the one who created the original.
I am sorry but no filmmaker indie or not makes a movie and gets it produced without having any sort of credits.

I find his story to be a cover up .. I am leaning toward the original being a real home video or something real and this guy was paid to say he did it.

I find the this whole part of the story very suspect and just stinks of LIE to high heaven

The video actually got distributed. However, a few months later the distribution company burned to the ground. I lost my 1 inch master tape and all of my artwork,

I know A LOT of indie filmmakers and this is so much junk its not even remotely funny.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yea, the whole fire story does sound fishy. Then he goes on to say(not sure if it was on that page or another), that someone at the distributor, probably had a couple copies, and they made thier way to some small town Mom and Pop video store.....

Yea now that whole story doesn't really jive with me. If you had one of 3 or 4 copies of a tape like that would you turn it over to Ma and Pa Jones down Sweet Hollow Road to rent it out? What BS.

Now that you mention it, the whole thing does sound fishy, I didn't like the whole story about the master tapes either when I read it, it didn't sound right to me.

I wouldnt send the guy a dime, he'll probably mail you the 2nd version, with credits attached in some cheesy Box or something. If he mails you anything at all.

But the way he keeps tooting his own horn and comparing it to the Blair witch project, which, uhmm sorry guy if the 1st is anything like the second, it doesn't come close. It's straight cheese , the acting is horrible, and goofy, and you can tell it's fake. I guess he's just doing that to try to get people to send him money though.

He may have slipped up though. He does say he play the kid with the useing the home camera in the original, and he was 25 at the time. Now I've seen clips of the original, and I believe I saw the kid who uses the camera, when the older vrother takes the camera to shoot the alien ship. Now that kid doesn't look a day older that 20.

But you know he had to shoot it cause money was tight, and the whole 90 minute's was done in one continueous shot. LOL, yea suuuure. If thats true it must get worse and worse after the first 10 minutes that I saw.

I don't know he does alot of tooting his own horn for not being the guy who did it. but then again, it makes the story seem more realistic, he can sell more of his nicely packaged 2 versions.

Anyway, I believe your instincts are right, I although it didnt see right to me at first, you caught it cause you know some people who make films like that. So good on you. This guy is probably a scam artist

Has anyone ever contacted that email or tried to?

Maybe I'll give it a shot and tell the guy I was the original. That opens with a CAKE on a plate, not a BIRD on a plate. heh.

Star for you, for noticing the rediculous story. I figures the fire story was he lost the master copy due to stupidy like leaving it on the roof of his pick up and driving off.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I remember seeing that video when I was a kid.It was very interesting to me when I was a child and first saw it but know I know that its more than likely a fake.I remember when that ball lightning came into the house and hit someone and the end when the alien had came into the house and froze the camerman.They were called the McPhersons and I only saw it once on UPN a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by brendhan

I remember when i was like 8 or 9 watching a video on tv of a family hiding from aliens and getting nosebleeds alot. they then started to attack the aliens. it was on a farm or something. but i have never seen it again

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is most likely fake hehe But its worth the watch

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hello there. I finally joined this forum after observing it since the Titor hoax just to address this strange video tape story.

There are two movies depicting an alien attack on a family. One pops up on youtube frequently and is immediately taken down. One version of this film was done in the late 90's.

There is another late 80's version directed by the same director of the 90's version. If you search the McPherson tape, on snopes.com I believe, you can hear the full story.

The odd thing about this story is the director of the 90's film who claims the late 80's version was made by him took a long time to speak out about his first film circulating, and being involved in a hoax that claimed the tape was real.

I can find no information stating that he originally directed the 80's film that has been circulating. Conveniently a fire broke out and supposedly detroyed the original tape and files in relation to the 80's film years ago. The director implies someone must have at some point before then stolen the tape and circulated it after removing the credits.

I have been interested in this mystery, that is now believed to be a hoax, for quite some time. I have seen the original 80's video on its own, and also with japanese letters and commentary over it from when it was played on a Japanese show. I have yet to see a version that includes credits or any proof that the 80's version was directed by the man who claims to have directed it, which puzzles me to this day.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
own the "movie" you can go to imdb and see it. this was all staged and faked.. it's called abduction in lake county or some crap.. but it's fake...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join