It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a member dies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Totally right gremlin, let us know when you people are no longer with us, so we do not have to worry!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To echo the thoughts of others here, we are a big family here. Nobodies going anywhere, or I'm gonne be ticked off. Trust me a 6'3" - 240 lb guy who is not very bright isn't very pleasant when ticked off, and stuff.

You have a ton of friends here. Real friends who enjoy your company. If you ever need to reach out, don't hesitate! It's all good Court. It's all good.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

It is all good Lom!

You are the best anyone could ask for!

I enjoy your threads with a passion!

A very nice guy...indeed!

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have thought about this in the past too, and when I kick the bucket, I'm gonna have it in my Will that ATS is notified that I have passed on.

Probably won't be so much of an uproar, but I figured it'd at least be nice for you guys to know where I went off to.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by Enrikez

That is the whole point En, I am wondering what we should do to let the others members know, if we do die!

...any thoughts?

Create a personal friendship with someone from the board that keeps in contact with you outside of ats by phone or mail.

On another conspiracy board, I saw over this last year two people passed on and no one would have known about it other than members who knew them in the real world told us about it. A lot of people who knew them from the forums held a thread vigil.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately there's very little we can do about this problem.

Sometimes people stop posting on forums for different reasons. Maybe their computer went bust, maybe they got bored of the site, maybe something happened to them... unfortunately there's no way to tell.

About the only item of information that we have at our disposal is the last time the person logged in. Not very helpful overall...

I've spoken about this in chat a few times... sometimes an online community drops the "online" term and really becomes a community of friends. In the many years I've been here I have always felt that ATS has done just that. It's really a community of people who in many cases interact on a daily basis and consider each other to be friends, or sometimes even family.

The best suggestion that I can give to those of you who are concerned is that it's probably best for you to exchange email addresses with one another. It's a lot less likely for someone to stop checking their email than for someone to stop visiting our community.

I know most of the people I talk to often know my email address, and I know many of theirs...

If I haven't seen someone on in a bit, I drop them a line.

That really is the only thing I can think of to do...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I usually let people know if I am going to be gone an extended amount of time.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have given serious thought to this a while back before I deploy to Iraq, and since you have to make a will before you go and I was already giving serious consideration to this issue, not only the issue of my online friends but to give my family access to my bank accounts and everything else, I put it as part of my will.

I instructed my family to access the social networking sites that I hang out and inform others of my passing, you would not believe the face of the military lawyer when I told him to put that on my will. But anyways I guess is something that could be done if you are really giving some real thought to this.

My .02

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Echo the comments here.

ATS is a big family, that's what makes this online community more special and rare. If I am away for periods of time, I tend to get a few U2U's and e-mails asking me where I am.

According to my infinite (excuse the pun) wisdom and knownledge of ATS, there have been two members deaths I recall. One we find out in a tragic way, via the media, and the second member; we were informed by another member of his allege death.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Infinite, not Pisky or Masked Avatar??? I hope not. Anyone would be enough to make me sad, but those two i can never forget!!!

I've thought about giving my daughter in law my login and notifying ATS.

This is depressing! I hate posting about this stuff!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

you would not believe the face of the military lawyer when I told him to put that on my will.

Somehow I get the feeling that as time goes by that's not going to be rare anymore. It's a changing world and not all of our close friends live down the block anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Are you dead May??
Your not in chat!!I really thought your name was engraved in the user panel.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
No cancel the search(phew)
nuts!informed me where you were all safe and warm.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I may be young and healthy, but I am also paranoid

Most of the BTS regulars probably don't know me, but I (at least hope) that some of the ATS UFO/Paranormal topic enthusiasts consider me a friend.

I've got a text file on my desktop that i regularly update with internet contacts so i don't lose them. I've got penpals / friends that have moved away / members of forums (eg ATS).

In the (albeit unlikely) event of my death anytime soon my folks know to shoot off an email to the people on that list.

Yes, I am really paranoid arent I?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You will all know when I die...

A loud clap of thunder will be heard, the sky will turn red and blood will rain for forty days. After forty days, my spirit will appear in London and I will proclaim my favourite ATS threads and implement a great rapture; taking away all members on my friends list...

...or you will just get an e-mail instead

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
well, if I die you guys can have my darth maul underwear collection.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
well, if I die you guys can have my darth maul underwear collection.

Thats really nice of you Jedi, I am sure we all will be fighting over them!

Please tell me they are sealed in an un-opened package!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I cant think of any other online community that would notice if sombody just left or died ect ect.

Just shows how awesome ats is.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You read my mind, Given. I was just thinking about this on our last camping trip. I'm not sure too many people would miss me, but they may wonder what happened to my stunning avatar and mind boggling screen name. HEHE

But I am giving my sister (an ATS hopeful, I'm trying) my info just in case.

There are many members that I would really miss and would hate the thought of possibly never knowing what happened to them if they ever quit posting.

Rush

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join