It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a member dies?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just died!

Just letting you all know so you don't worry about me....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i actually have a post mortem to-do list for whoever ends up taking care of things when im gone.

kind of like a will, but not quite. i put all my emails and passwords and things along with messages i want sent. its enough that at least people will know.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Some people keep contacting the mods to say that perhaps I'm dead. . .

They claim that my posts have begun to reek.

Seriously, I've thought about this, too. But if I left my passwords, say, with my lawyer, then I figure my kids would get on here and start posting stuff in my name.

I sort of like the idea of e-friends just wondering about whether I got hacked and left, or what.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd right my username and password on my will and ask a family member to come here and inform you all if I died. Y'never know, might be a good way to get new members.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My children are very nosey. I'm sure that 30 minutes after my funeral they would be into every drawer, every file and also in my computer.

They know how much I love ATS. It would surprise me if my daughter didn't log on in my name and announce that I had passed on. She would need your support.

By the way, I am unmarried and have instructed them to not put Miss in front of my name on my grave stone as I have missed nothing in my life.

No tears for me please...............life has been one hell of a ride.

Life really is good........go get you some.

edit to add:

[edit on 25-6-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Known three people over the net who've since died.
One of old age, the other two of plane crashes. But hey, what can you do?

[edit on 26/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Elevatedone hit the nail on the head.
When I couldn't be on ATS for a week because of issues in RL..I came back to emails and messages galore. Family IS what we are here.
As for this ever happening..well yes it does.
The member that sticks out in my mind the most, and for many of us that have been here awhile, is Mechanic32.
We all miss him, and only know that he was dealing with some tough real life stuff. He came back briefly from an internet cafe, and we have heard nothing for months now.
I always worry about Mech, and if he's OK.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've always wondered this too!
I have a friend on another site, and he's been missing for a few months, some of us wonder if he died. We'll never know!

If i'm off for months, consider me dead!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Solved..., ATS/BTS Missing Members Alerts.

I'm a computer ignoramus, but I'm sure that, given the vast knowledge pool available here among our ATS/BTS brethren, a system could be devised involving monitoring a members' average post interval.
Sending out a courtesy email to request confirmation of a members' current 'alive' status, and freedom from harm or captivity, might be appropriate.

Further steps could be taken for extreme cases.

Just an idea

[edit on 28-6-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is no way to tell.

The ONLY indication that we can see is the last time they logged in.

But, they can CHOOSE to stop coming to this site, or they could just be on vaction, so they havent visited in 2 weeks...

its something, and im sure over the years, at least one member has passed on, and there is no way to verify that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I guess the only thing that would prolly work for me is giving a couple people on here my number, and my moms if I disappear to check up!

My family I don't think would come on ATS, or e-mail to let anyone know!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
With the news of the passing of a well respected member SHOTS, Givenmay..I suppose you somewhat get an answer.
My children know immediately if anything bad were to happen to me, I want them to come here. Two of them are members, and I would want everyone to know what was going on. ATS is my family, just as much as my children.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have already decided that I am going to die when I am 84 years old. So if you see me no longer logging in in 2072, you will know what happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You know...it's crazy...in the 6 months I've been here, I've made some great friends... I don't know how I would feel if something happened to you guys...

I think I'm gonna give my login info to my father - and if anything happens to me, I'll have him come let you know. Either that, or I'll get him to join. I'm trying to get him on here!!! He's a lurker mostly...but if anything happens to me - I'll make sure that you guys find out.

Oh dear.... *tears in my eyes*

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i was nearly dead for 2 weeks - or at last my computer (hard disk damage) and i was really wondering if anybody was missing me - I MISSED YOU ALL

but yeah it is a problem since ats is that huge, i really don.t know how to handle it
guess i have to put everything in my last will

some board have goodbye threads but it wouldn.t make sense in fact of bodily death
but i could open a thread in paranormal and claim that i am the spirit of the body formerly known as orange-light

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No-one will notice when you leave. You all think you will, but in the end, these people are only words on a screen and are easily 'forgotten'.

Well, for me at least, I've had plenty of online friends that I have no idea where they went. They just kinda slowly drifted out. Which is pretty much what I did.

I've been gone way too long and I actually did miss some of you guys though. I definately missed Lombozo's threads, they always made me smile.

So, sup guys?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
i was nearly dead for 2 weeks - or at last my computer (hard disk damage) and i was really wondering if anybody was missing me - I MISSED YOU ALL

Yes Orange I noticed, and figured you were busy with school things!

It's hard not to miss this place I know!
The longest I have spent away from ATS was only two days!

Of course you were missed!

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just remember if ol wukky kicks the bucket no threads about it. just make jokes.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If anyone is within the Hurricane's path let us know...just incase you might be gone for awhile!
...and maybe leave your cell number to a friend, on here, thankx!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Yes Orange I noticed, and figured you were busy with school things!

It's hard not to miss this place I know!
The longest I have spent away from ATS was only two days!

Of course you were missed!

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Givenmay]

you are so kind my dear - love ya

i missed you all

when i started with ats i was not that much infected but now sometimes 2 hours away scare me - joking sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join