It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin Has Died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
this man taught me the first cuss word's i knew.......

he allso left me a scar in my mind...with that skit about a poker in the butt
warped my fragile little mind.

made me realize..no matter what thought you have someone has already thought or did it. no matter how twisted..

the man had a mind unlike no other

his ranting on religion gave me my first idea's that god might not exist.

and he was funny as heck lol

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majal
I don't want to suggest outright that this is a CIA hit, but it doesn't sit right with me when someone who's been outspoken as he has about the failures of our government dies in this particular manner. He has a known history of heart problems, certainly, but I find the timing a bit too perfect to be a coincidence--and Carlin himself would certainly be questioning it.

The man was over 70 years old with a history of heart trouble. This wasn't even his first heart attack. It's sad to hear about his passing but I don't see it as a conspiracy. If he was 30 years old and in perfect health, that would be another story.

Either way, he was a good comedian and I enjoyed his earlier routines. Like another member mentioned, towards the end he seemed to use his time as stage for political ranting instead of comedy so I began to lose interest. However, a death is always sad. Poor George.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
George Carlin on Death

Watching him all these years, I didn't think he would leave us so soon. It was as if he would live forever, giving the establishment hell. In fact, he was the one that introduced me to stand-up comedy.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Hyzera]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
RIP, George. I have grown up with you... And I will always love and laugh at you...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I never found George funny, but I respect him.

RIP George!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is indeed a horrible loss for any free thinking person with a sense of humor. George Carlin realized the world was a bit of a joke most of the time and wasn't afraid to point out how ridiculous it all is.

You taught me a lot George and you *snip* with my mom and I knew your Big Brother. Rest in peace,

Mod Edit: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia are strictly forbidden.
The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What a blow, I wasn't expecting this...

Just two days ago I was talking about some of his jokes and routines with a friend of mine. George wasn't just a great comedian, he was one of the best critical thinkers I ever knew.

I will miss him and his jokes deeply, especially in a time when I think we need them and his views the most.

Goodbye my friend!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh man oh man seldom am I bothered by the passing of celebrity's and the likes but George man. I'm gonna miss him he's one of the few people I can say he lived a wonderful life and not feel like I'm saying that just because he passed away. May you rot peacefully George.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
GC. George Carlin, with his cutting witt, allowed me to laugh at things that I knew I should'nt be laughing at!!

Some of my best laughs, like the Hippy Dippie Weatherman and his crazy word spins!!!
"I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories"
George Carlin
George knew what he was going to die from:
"Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time"
George Carlin

[edit on 23-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's a sad day indeed when news of George Carlin's passing hit's you.

It was only last week I was listening to his CDs, and there's material of his in the 70's about the futility of war and the way the government and business is corrupt that still rings true today. This guy knew the truth a long time ago, and he dedicated his time to trying to tell us to wake up and realize, and didn't give up trying to tell us for nearly 50 years of a legendary career. And not only did he tell us the truth, he made us laugh out loud and long at the same time too.

God bless you George, I hope you and Bill Hicks are finally having the last laugh.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Alethia]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I honestly feel like I have just lost a family member or close friend. Carlin was by far and away the best comic to ever grace this planet. He will be sorely missed.

What pisses me the # off, are those *snip* at the Mass Media who spent at least an hour last night talking about the # Amy Winehouse and other celebrity #, but have yet to talk about Carlin or have done so for only one quick second. I hate the mass media #ers, they're such tits.

(RIP George, we'll miss you)

Terms And Conditions Of Use

[edit on 23-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have been a George Carlin fan since the late 70's. Shock, on his 7 words skit, that was an eye opener. I will truly miss the guy. My humble condolences to his family.

On a side note, CNN.com has had George their leading story since news broke of his death. Guess they are sad too.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
RIP George, you will be missed.

This is a man that used his life for the betterment of mankind, and was a thorn in the side of the ptb.

This is a man that surely "ascended" to a higher level upon leaving this life.

Thank you George for your contribution!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Great dude I saw him in Las Vegas, and could not stop laughing, same with the crowd.

He was funny because he spoke about the truth in daily life on this planet.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.
OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.
Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.
Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!
Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled fillet of camel ass!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I get the feeling that George Carlin and Bill Hicks are sitting somewhere right now laughing at us all.

R.I.P. Mr. Carlin. A personal hero for me and definately one of the funniest human beings to ever live.

One of a kind.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Bummer...though he was getting up there and he was probably not necessarily a fan of 'clean livin'.

As for the George Carlin leading up to his death...the stuff, political rants or not, was brilliant.

In what I perceive as true George Carlin fashion, I can only state the following...

"I hope the old bastard is burning like hell right now"...

You will be missed George Carlin...but not forgotton.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I never get sad when I hear of a celebrity death. But the news of George Carlin's death has affected me.

I'm sad now...

R.I.P George. There will never be another one like you.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Ivan, that was seriously one of the deepest things ive ever heard. Thanks for posting it.

I just seen George in 'concert' within the past year. Easily one of my most favorite people I have ever met.

Hearing of his passing has saddened me deeply, but having heard him speak in life has enlightened me tremendously.

His passing (to me) is like a tremendous disturbance in The Force.

RIP George.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When i saw the video " It's bad for you" i knew Carlin was in bad shape.
He looked really tired.
But i was in no way prepared for the news.
George always spoke his consience regardless of the subject.
He formed many a thought in my early mind.
And helped me wake from a numbing sleep.
I owe you much George.
Where ever you are.
You have my love.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is the last thing I expected to read when I woke up today and turned on my computer.

George Carlin is one of the GREATEST comedic minds in History. The man was unapologetic, he always spoke his mind on every issue he ever tackled with complete honesty.

I remember watching his specials growing up with my dad, who was also a big Carlin fan. I will miss him and his takes on life, politics, religion and everything in between.

RIP George

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join