It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin Has Died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

George Carlin Has Died

www.koin.com

ET breaks the news that comedian George Carlin has died from heart failure. The man who made famous the "seven words you can never say on television" passed away at 5:55 p.m. Sunday at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, his longtime publicist said. He was 71.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
George Carlin, one of the greatest comedians and patriots of our time, has died from heart failure.

I don't want to suggest outright that this is a CIA hit, but it doesn't sit right with me when someone who's been outspoken as he has about the failures of our government dies in this particular manner. He has a known history of heart problems, certainly, but I find the timing a bit too perfect to be a coincidence--and Carlin himself would certainly be questioning it.

I wish his family and friends the best, and hope that they can get through this difficult time.

www.koin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Additional Reuters Article

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Majal]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
God bless your soul George. You were a true human being and I will miss your sharp observations and comedic mind. R.I .P.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
After viewing this video I am sure that are some people that a very happy he is dead!

[edit on 23-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
george carlin will see you in the astral realm! cheers to you

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
[Thanks to the mods who moved this thread to the proper forum]

George Carlin was a good man, and tonight, I'll be respecting the man in my own way -- by rewatching some old acts of his and eating Cheez-Its.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What a great loss. One of the great examples in our country of a citizen that exercised his first ammendment right fully.

You will be greatly missed

RIP George Carlin

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
George Carlin was and still is one of the most influential comedians and "thought/intellectual" advocates and I hope he'll be seen such as for generations to come. I hope that his family is able to look past the inevitable passing of any mortal being and focus on the smiles he brought to countless of his fans and no doubt his family.

Now...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that his death is any sort of conspiracy. Ever since his mid/late 70's work he has always been outspoken against what he deemed to be "bull#". It's true that as he aged he became more honest about exactly what he thought was going on within the U.S government but he was clever enough to express his views through comedy.

Anyways, I hope Fred Phelps doesn't show up to his funeral... But who am I kidding?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
At least George is in a better place now. He was my favorite comic but damn thats too bad that he's gone. You will never be forgotten!

RIP George!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I actually mentioned to a friend a week or so ago that I felt Carlin would be the next great, controversial entertainer to abruptly die of heart failure. I never thought it'd happen this quickly.

I truly wish I could say this is a shock to me, but it's more of a feeling of emptiness--especially since we're running out of honest comedians (and people) who have the desire and the guts to speak out about real issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majal
...especially since we're running out of honest comedians (and people) who have the desire and the guts to speak out about real issues.

I have to agree. As the years have gone by we've steadily been losing a great deal of honesty in most forms of television/entertainment. There are only a few people remaining that I personally know of that I consider to be honest and straight forward when they speak on their opinions. Carlin was definitely one of them and hopefully there will be others who'll take from his example and take upon themselves the liberty granted by the constitution to express your thoughts vocally anywhere and anytime.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Majal

Man what a tragedy.. He was a realist and I loved his comedy. There just aren't a whole lot of people these days like him... He will be missed..

In the last comedy show on HBO I saw him on, he really didn't look too good. But he still had this magnetic ability to pull the crowd into understanding the irony of human nature. That ability made watching his comedy always a learning, mind opening experience.. ..

I do know what he would say to such pity. Unfortunately, I can't say it though because of the explitives

But I have a feeling it would involve telling people to shut the hell up and not feel sorry for him. But it is sad regardless.

-ChriS

[edit on 23-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am going to be bigger than I normally am and take one for the team. I understand it will be deleted and I just may have to take a warn for this, but, George, you were worth it.

Ahem. The cheer for all sports....

Rat #
Bat #
Dirty old twat
69 Assholes tied in a knot
Yea!
Lizard #
#.

Thank you George, you will be missed.
Cuhail

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What a loss, George was my first introduction to stand-up comedy and I credit him for introducing me to the many alternative ways of viewing the establishment. There are not many people who I would credit for shaping my world views in my early days but George Carlin was most definitely premier among them.

George, I wish you well brother, you were a man well ahead of your time and your thoughts and opinions were much more than just comedy. You opened many eyes and minds to the ridiculous hipocrisy of the world which we live in.

Rest in peace, and give 'em hell, wherever you are.....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to post by Majal

I do know what he would say to such pity. Unfortunately, I can't say it though because of the explitives

But I have a feeling it would involve telling people to shut the hell up and not feel sorry for him. But it is sad regardless.

-ChriS

[edit on 23-6-2008 by BlasteR]

I think this is a perfect reflection of the way he'd feel about about his own death. I hope he recently got a chance to visit one of those topless bars he was so fond of.

Don't be scared off by the fact that it's Mad TV. I'm not a fan of that show, either. Just give it time to play.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Majal]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
One of the best, that's for sure, and an inspiration to countless other comedians.

a real downer with this news.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As I read this sad news , I had to reread it , cause I could not believe it.
It almost feels as if I lost a good friend , even thou I never met him face to face.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to give a ring to some local radio shows and see if they can pay a week long tribute to a great man.

He will always live on in peoples hearts.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

You can bet that I was reciting The Seven Dirty Words not soon after I had heard of his death. I'm pretty sure he'd find great solace in having people chant that in his remembrance. For him there was no inappropriate time.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Majal

I'm a bit disappointed to see you edited your original post to include the 'CIA' angle.

He died of natural causes, nothing more. If what you suggested were true, many MANY people who are still alive would have preceded him.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Moving this to the General News Forum guys.

This is extremely sad news for me, as I've been a huge fan of his for at least 15 years. He influenced me in my evolution into a young man.

Thanks George, you're being seriously missed.

But, look at it this way, at least he knows what's on the other side.

Again, good bye George!!!!

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

<<   2  3  4 >>

join