It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA the most EVIL nation on the planet

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

India's government would be as brutal as every other government that ever became a world superpower. Maybe you missed the famous saying, "If power corrupts, then absolute power corrupts absolutely."

well, indian govt is already corrupt firstly ,

as for being brutal , Indian govt is interested in having a good nuclear deterrent and conventioanl capability and not capabilities to invade poor nations , for that we don't such resources to waste

'lastly India is a major power and a potential superpower of future

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Is America so imperialistic now compared to the 1800s where near every American beleived in Manifest Destiny? And the only reason for that is because the US wanted to hit the Pacific (for lolz I assume).

Sorry Manson, I assumed you just thought that only the US was screwing over the Natives. My bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

With the exception of a few lunatics over here, most Americans don't believe in using a "first nuclear strike" option, period. Our arsenal is a deterrent as well. It's just a whole lot bigger, because unlike India which is worried about deterring China and Pakistan, we had the unfortunate position of being rivals with the USSR, and now Russia.

What happened in 1945 is regrettable, but whether you believe the Russians were going to end the war or the Americans, they still prevented a huge invasion and occupation. And keep in mind that if Germany and Japan hadn't decided to try and conquer the planet for shucks and giggles, nuclear weapons would be a non-issue anyways.

As for India being a possible future superpower, I say good for them and better India than China. But let me ask you this, if you're saying India's government is corrupt now, as a "major power," then how do you think those same people would behave if they gained the status of "super power?"

So they don't waste money on Imperialist agendas... currently. But what would they do if their economic and military power was multiplied tenfold?

Answer: The same thing America's government did, which is the same thing every government in history has done once they became powerful enough to do it.

"The same thing we do every night, Pinky... Try to take over the world! (That line's from an American cartoon, fyi)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

jericho!, i do apologise for being so long in answering. A two week naval blockade would have indeed have ended Japan's war, she had no food, the 1945 harvest was a disaster and hardcore or not it is particularly difficult to wage war when your stomach is stuck to your backbone with hunger, but anyway........

Methods of murder eh?, is it better to get nuked or be starved. As your razor sharp understanding pointed out dead is indeed dead, however starved corpses just leave a smell which dissapates substancially quicker than nuclear fallout or that pesky radiation. Also surviving a famine won't give your future children two heads each.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by feoil

You would be surprise how far the members of the Axis Powers were going to go to drag out the war. Remember, Mussolini HAD to be killed first. Berlin HAD to be killed, and even then, the war didn't end until Hitler killed himself.

So, its almost safe to say that even a 2 week blockade wouldn't only take two weeks to end this war.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If that's true, why doesn't the world wipe America off the map and kill all 325,000,000 of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join