It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA the most EVIL nation on the planet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I don't think you can say the citizens are the evil ones. They are shown by the media what the gov't wants to be broad casted. People in any country think that theirs is the best, it's common. Granted the US has done somethings that are very questionable to benefit the American Ideals, but anyone with that kind of power would do the same. Think of the world as a job, and each country as an employee, the US has a mass presence around the world, so think of them as the "boss"...everyone hates there boss, common, but we all do what we have to do.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am chiming in to say that world opinion is clearly against the US at

this juncture of world history, just look at the rhetoric on both

sides of the aisle.

My cousins in Greece have clued me in to how bad this is. At length.

I don't blame a fellow citizen at all for being mad at 'outsiders' pointing this out.

When your house is in dishonor and disarray, its time to clean house...

or be 'destroyed on the lathe of heaven.'

lets hope and pray 2008 is a successful election year without further disaster.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We are far from the most EVIL nation on the planet. However we certainly are the most meddlesome...good or bad is up to you and your beliefs.
We want all nations to follow our system of government/democracy, which is very far from perfect, and will go to extremes to promote it.
What about "self determination"?
We are also far too charitable towards other nations.
Our nation's infrastructure is falling apart and we still send billions to other countries, most of which hate us, while watching our levees fail, bridges fall apart, road system decay, power transmission lines fail to provide for the increased demands, etc.
Don't forget we also give the lives of our young to generally unappreciative nations.

I say it is time to embrace selfishness for a decade or so and rebuild our nations infrastructure.
I also say it is time to stop giving away our money, blood and lives to nations that are just using us.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kai Winters

Just HOW is the US charitable? It throws away a few pennies on photo ops, that's about it. You have a whole economy based on exploiting the international economic relationships you've had and the countries you invade... C'mon dude, give up the fantasy and actually SEE what your government does in your name.

What pratically all governments have done in the name of their people... spit on them.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

USA is resp for deaths of thousands of poor helpless iraqi babies and therby your military should be renamed as BABYKILLER MILITARY

Nice source. How about one that's not a bit "skewed" to say the least?

Oh, yes, the "oil for food" program that was raped by the UN officials. They're disappointed it's not there any more; it was their cash cow.

Babykiller? That's nice. I'll have to keep that one in mind next time I get to go to the sandbox. I'll keep that in mind when I see US military hospitals treating kids and women that were injured in a car bomb explosion from insurgents. You know, the real ones that are killing civilians in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
and wastage on miltary can go to trillions of dollars , what hypocrisy

See? Typical of some people. It's our (The US) money. We can spend it any way we choose. Since when was there some rule that 99.9 percent of our GNP should be given away to countries that are going to just stab us in the back?

Originally posted by manson_322..except that these insurgents are independent groups armed with crappy RPG's and Ak-47 and IED and yet they managed to inflict 4000 deaths and thousands of casulties on US forces ...

Well, if the weapon does the job, it's not "crappy".

Yep, we lost 4000+ troops in five YEARS of fighting against an enemy that hides behind women and children. I wonder how many insurgents are licking hot frying pans in hell right now after being schwacked by US troops?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yep, we lost 4000+ troops in five YEARS of fighting against an enemy that hides behind women and children. I wonder how many insurgents are licking hot frying pans in hell right now after being schwacked by US troops?

Take the number of Iraqi victims and divide by zero.

And just one more thing you guys convieniently fail to mention regarding Iraq: THEY WERE NOT YOUR ENEMY TO BEGIN WITH, THEY WERE NEVER REALLY YOUR ENEMY. The only reason the first gulf was even started was because Hussein was pissed Kuwait was drilling obliquely into his oil fields... It's amazing how you guys just let your whole lives be decided on the most superficial and badly researched memes.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by Kai Winters

Just HOW is the US charitable? It throws away a few pennies on photo ops, that's about it. You have a whole economy based on exploiting the international economic relationships you've had and the countries you invade... C'mon dude, give up the fantasy and actually SEE what your government does in your name.

What pratically all governments have done in the name of their people... spit on them.

I agree with this in the fact that our government does do things that I absolutely detest in our name.It really burns me up as a matter of fact.I think what should really be said is what the American people give out of their own pockets not supported by our government.Most Americans do give and donate to charities that provide help and food to other nations in need.We have countless groups that go to other nations in need providing medicines and medical help as well as digging water wells in villages and towns in Africa and South America to bring them clean drinking water.Case in point is "Doctors without boarders",Engineers without boarders.These groups give countless hours of their own time and money to help the needy.Their are groups out of Switzerland,Netherlands,UK,France as well, just to name a few.So just remember we as a people do help tremendously all the while asking for nothing in return.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

And just one more thing you guys convieniently fail to mention regarding Iraq: THEY WERE NOT YOUR ENEMY TO BEGIN WITH, THEY WERE NEVER REALLY YOUR ENEMY. The only reason the first gulf was even started was because Hussein was pissed Kuwait was drilling obliquely into his oil fields... It's amazing how you guys just let your whole lives be decided on the most superficial and badly researched memes.

They've shot at me in the past; that makes them my enemy.

So, they drilled obliquely into his fields, he invaded and raped the country. So much for going to the UN with any sort of complaints.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Could the fact that you were on their land with big guns have anything to do with them shooting at you? I know it's a bit of a longshot but it might have something to do with it.

As for going to the U.N, I agree with the principle, but the U.N is not a democratic and fair organisation, it's more of an elitist seed for totalitarism, and the middle east, after the shoehorn implementation of the state of Isreal, knows this. Were it not for the big guns pointing at them they would ignore the U.N althogether. If the U.N were what it says it is, sure, let it solve such conflicts.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Could the fact that you were on their land with big guns have anything to do with them shooting at you? I know it's a bit of a longshot but it might have something to do with it.

Probably.

Originally posted by ZepherianAs for going to the U.N, I agree with the principle, but the U.N is not a democratic and fair organisation, it's more of an elitist seed for totalitarism, and the middle east, after the shoehorn implementation of the state of Isreal, knows this. Were it not for the big guns pointing at them they would ignore the U.N althogether. If the U.N were what it says it is, sure, let it solve such conflicts.

If the UN isn't a democratic and fair organization, how come everyone freaks and geeks and screams the America MUST go thru the UN for everything? Seems like other countries get a pass.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Dude, sorry to break this to you as a member of the rest of the world, but basically we're trying to keep the US on as short a diplomatic leash as possible... and failing miserably at it, I know. It's not that we don't like you guys or want to take you over (except for the old money elites ofc, but most of us don't represent them), it's just that we're trying to stop you from blowing up half the planet in your post 911 rampage. Looks like you're calming down, so we might get out of this yet without armageddon.

Seriously now: the only way to have rule of law is to get everyone to participate. Thats why the US is asked to go through the UN, it's just 5% of the global population, it needs to be kept under international legal control somewhat, because you guys have not been able to abandon runaway militarism post WW2 and are a disproportionate threat. I know this sounds wierd coming from someone from an ally country, but that's how it is. Thats the danger with the current US administration, they wan't to steamroll over all the checks and balances and just do their own thing... and if we lose law now, however crappy it may be, and I'm the first to admit it is, it's elitist and biased and dosen't give a crap for the poor, then the only thing really left is war. And I think humanity has had enough of war by now.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gimme a break! Cry, cry, cry! "It's America's fault! It's America's fault." Not all of the bad things in this world can be blamed on America. It's time the rest of the people in the world take responsibility for their government's failures, as well. The evil in the world doesn't all fall on the shoulders of America. The evil in this world is so large that it would take more than the United States of America to create it, and a hell of a lot more than the United States of America to sustain it. If you want to blame America for everything, then go right ahead. However, before you do, make sure that your government, and your country, is completely and totally 100% innocent in all of its matters leading up to the present day.

Unfortunately for 99% of the world's population, they don't live in that country nor have that government.

Pot...meet kettle

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

"as evil as them , your nation wiped out millions of native american indians and are resp for millions of deaths across latin america and the third world"
No, Americans didn't start it because there was no Americans when the "Native Americans" began to get wiped out by the SPANISH, DUTCH, BRITISH, FRENCH TO A DEGREE.

"YOU MURDERED A 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN IRAQ FOR OIL
CREATED ISLAMIC TERROR THAT HAS LED TO DEATHS OF MILLIONS

IMPOVERISHED MILLIONS THROUGH EXPOLITATION GENOCIDE AND STARVATION"
See, you're wrong there as well. I didn't kill 2 million people in Iraq for oil, and everything else in quotes, is by extentsion, wrong

[B]fact is that most americans are arrogant , and use propanganda to hide their war crimes against humanity[/B]
What War Crimes? The only War Crime I can possibly think about is maybe Abu Graib, and that's a stretch for a "war crime".

have you ever seen journalist John Pilger 's documentary "War on democracy , do see it and , you wil realise how USA has murdered millions in latin America and across the world
the entire documentary

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... "

I won't watch, why? Because this idiot supports the state TV ran by the Venezula goverment and pushed to shut out any TV that shows that country how little freedom they have when it comes to rights to protest and right to free speech.

"15 billion $ lol, thats pitiable , USA spends trillion dollars on a useless inefficient war machine , but spends 15 billion on aid , how stingy and miserly USA is???"

How much aid has your country given out? Useless and inefficient? Please..... we have one of the best trained armies in the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered but the U.S. currently has 2.5 million people imprisioned. While only making up 5% of the world population, the U.S. accounts for 25% of all prisoners worldwide! You want to see Godlessness and evil? Look no further than your county lockup, not to metion a penitentiary.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

ww2db.com...
Read it, and see that the date of the Soviet Invasion was AUGUST 8th

The first bomb was dropped AUGUST 6th and the 2nd AUGUST 9th. If no bombs were dropped at all, than the Soviets would have. IF the war was over WAY before August 6th, than why didn't Japan surrender before the 2nd bomb was dropped, given that there was about 3 days between the bombings, then that gave the Emperor ample time to end the war.

He didn't, because the Japanense military didn't plan on "winning" but draining the Allies morale and will to fight so the Allies will end the war and Japan wouldn't lose as much as it did after the war.

The Soviets was just invading the puppet state the Japanense (August 6th) set up in China, so the Japanense surrending to the Soviets alone wouldn't be likely, plus, the Allies agree that no member of the Allies would end the war unless the nation they were at war at surrendered to the entire Allied power and no just one country.

The bombings DID end the war because the Japanense saw a single weapon wipe out two very important cities in less than 60 seconds. Compare to the mass bombings that most of the time, didn't destroy near the same amount in prolong bombings, the nukes were THE superweapon of the time.

Who said the bombings in Germany ended the war anyway? If we had dropped nukes on Germany anyway, Hitler might have still kept going anyway just because the guy lacked any sort of military knowledge (he actually stopped the production of things during the Battle of Stalingrad because he thought it would end quickly, despite what his generals said)

The Japanense Emperor was no where near as crazy, he knew that if the US kept wiping out cities every 3 days like that, than the entire island and near everyone on it would be wiped out in less than a month.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
Sorry if this has been covered but the U.S. currently has 2.5 million people imprisioned. While only making up 5% of the world population, the U.S. accounts for 25% of all prisoners worldwide! You want to see Godlessness and evil? Look no further than your county lockup, not to metion a penitentiary.

I honestly agree there, kinda. We're kinda weird when it comes to how we imprison people. I don't see how that is Godlessness and evil. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there might be a prison or two that we can call hell, but its not like we torture the guys in there. We give them 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep, shelter and food. (Which is all overdoing it compare to what some of the guys who go to prison do to get there)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

1. America's prisons are filled with people convicted of drug offenses. I don't subscribe to the belief that the 1.5 million people who are in an American prisons because they smoked a joint are evil.

2. American law enforcement is actually able to catch their criminals before they leave the country for one with no extradition.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

All colonial countries before the neo imperialists countries (US and USSR basically) share blame in this situation. Granted. But the US was the "survivor" so for a while you guys went unchecked. Unfortunately the Dark Side, aka the Sith Bush and Cº seem to have won, and we got false flag and neo imperialism, done with elitist oversight I suspect. And now we're into damage control.

This is not anti-americanism. The situation would have been the same with the USSR if it had won the cold war, and could just as easily be some other big nation in an alternate timeline. At the end of the day what the world is trying to do is figure out how to coexist peacefully, with the elites trying their best to keep us in chaos, the environment in which they thrive. That's the dynamic imho.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Zepherian]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
reply to post by ListenD

1. America's prisons are filled with people convicted of drug offenses. I don't subscribe to the belief that the 1.5 million people who are in an American prisons because they smoked a joint are evil.

2. American law enforcement is actually able to catch their criminals before they leave the country for one with no extradition.

Originally posted by August Sonereal
I honestly agree there, kinda. We're kinda weird when it comes to how we imprison people. I don't see how that is Godlessness and evil. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there might be a prison or two that we can call hell, but its not like we torture the guys in there. We give them 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep, shelter and food. (Which is all overdoing it compare to what some of the guys who go to prison do to get there)

Ya'll are missing my point... There are still more "evil" people locked up in the U.S. than any other country. Lets say you guys are right in saying that prison isn't all Godless and half of the people in the joint are so high they couldn't hurt you if they tried, the rest of the world is no different! For denials' sake I guess I'll reiterate and say then that the U.S. imprisons 25% of the worlds most "evil" prisoners. Still -->

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join