It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the ideal weapon be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Anyone here ever played command and conquer generals?

The US's ultimate weapon in that game is a satellite-guided positron beam (or something like that) that just cuts a huge path of destruction among the enemy. It's basically just a huge laser that fires from space.

That's one of the best ideas I know of.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
blah i would love to say i would make the coolest weapon or what ever buy the coolest weapon ... but after along and through out debate with myself i came to the conclusion i would probably build a bong so big it would destroy the world

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
EGO.....then the desire for immortality of the EGO

in the interim....all kinds of destructive methods for

gaining this elusive immortality will be used:

*bigotry and such
*usury and such
*hatred and such
*greed and such
*lust & such
*intrigues & plotting against your friends/neighbors/competitors
* i think you all know the routine. vanity,pride,etc etc

~~~~
there was a post in this thread->
on the control of media/ as destructive device etc...

to direct societies et al, as a mis-usable-powerful tool !!
(good insight..& deviation from previous line of thoughts)

consider mr R. Murdoch...media mogul...
is he emulating
ancient -> MARDOK?? the god of the skies?
in a personal quest of power-prestige-immortality ??
by 'owning' the airwaves of todays world...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A weapon that makes everything in it's explosive (doesn't mean that the weapon needs to explode) radius disable every human being from physicaly moving anything more than breathing and heart beat.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Or a weapon that killed the enemy but did no damage to buildings or other people...but thats not going to happen...

It could easily happen. Get a biological weapon, like a very contagious disease, and you would have the only cure or prevention. This would kill people, but not damage buildings.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
nothing thats a strange idea..but funny if that happened

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Or a weapon that killed the enemy but did no damage to buildings or other people...but thats not going to happen...

It could easily happen. Get a biological weapon, like a very contagious disease, and you would have the only cure or prevention. This would kill people, but not damage buildings.

Its called a neutron bomb, as I said above.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
well it would be better than using some weapon that destroys every think with in 20miles

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I would have to go with a virus like Ebola to be the best weapon. Viruses spread rapidly, infect people, lay dormant within your body and lots of people are infected before they even know the virus is out, and by the time they do realise it's an epidemic, lots of people are already dead or dying...also, viruses aren't the easies thing to kill, or stop an outbreak of them. A better weapon you be for them to get a virus that mutates rapidly, has the mortality rate of ebola, infectious properties of the common cold, and lays dormant for about 1 year before it starts to infect that person. Just imagine ebola with one year to propogate itself...that truley is a scary thought...

J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Anyone ever see that 80s film with Val Kilmer called Real Genius? A condenced energy beam from space, possiblly from a satelite.

kinda like in command and conquer with the Ion Cannon. it was a satilete based energy weapon

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
satilete based weaponary or arbital weaponary would be the best because you could aim anywhere even out to space

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
different weapons do different jobs, so really, there is no one "ultimate weapon."

That said, the B-3 concept seems the best of the current realistic ideas. It has everything - world wide range, a response time of 2-3 hours from the contental US to anywhere in the world, unmatched survivabillity, precision, and a vast range of munitions.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Its called a neutron bomb, as I said above.

the neutron bomb isnt the only way to execute this plan.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the ultimate weapon is a pillow leaves no trace. but the ideal weapon of war is terror

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Terror only works if you can insite it. During WW2 the Germans hammered England with bombs, but they couldn't instill terror.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Terror only works if you can insite it. During WW2 the Germans hammered England with bombs, but they couldn't instill terror.

Drugs inspire terror in the soft American populace

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krisboton

So what do you think?
I think that the ideal weapon among military intelligence circles would have to be a biological agent that targets specifics genotypes of the human population.

Second would be the mass media to influence and brainwash the population.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by Krisboton

So what do you think?
I think that the ideal weapon among military intelligence circles would have to be a biological agent that targets specifics genotypes of the human population.

Second would be the mass media to influence and brainwash the population.

Simmilar to the premise of Syphon Filter no?
Id have to agree if you could selectively "program" a virus it would be genius.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
ok thanx for your replys!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Any more????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join