It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA cracks down on 'cancer cures'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
FDA cracks down on 'cancer cures'

CNN

This is a subject of great interest to me. I do not (knock on wood) have cancer, but I am always interested in alternative cures. Of course, drug companies with powerful lobbyists have a great deal of influence with the FDA which results in fiascos like Viox. So obviously they have a joint self interest to keep any alternative healing solutions away from the public.
Yet there are also thousands of scammers across the web who take advantage of patients' desperation to sell their snake oil. These supplements/remedies can result anywhere from expensive urine to additional severe medical issues.
There are also valid alternative healing methods and supplements which work.
So I thought maybe we could start a thread where people can share their experiences, good or bad, with alternative healing. For cancer or anything else that ails you.
I think that it would be best to avoid the Big Pharma and government conspiracies in this thread. Lets just take it as a given that neither have our best interest in mind and leave it at that. Focus on personal experiences.
Also, for our common sanity it would be just super if we avoided the polemics. If someone has a different experience than yours there no need to take it personally. Every one can read all the posts and make up their own mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have had years of extensive experience with nutritional supplements, and found that the industry is rife with crooks and charlatans. These modern day snake oil peddlers prey on the hopes and fears of desperate people.
EVERY time one of these creeps is "outed" for their scam, another is waiting in line with the new miracle cure.

I haven't had cancer, but I have had horrendous injuries which "spun off" a variety of ailments. Although I am the most jaded and skeptical person alive
when it comes to nutritional supplements and their claims, I HAVE found several
supplements that have done WONDERS for me. Some of them have been the least expensive, comparatively.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hmm.. usually it's the FDA taking criticism. Nice to see them taking some action against these charlatans. While I'm pro-individual responsibility, I'm also in favor of cracking down on false advertising....

Here are a few of the claims the agency cited:
– “Treats all forms of cancer”
— “80 percent more effective than the world’s number one cancer drug”
— “Skin cancers disappear”
— “Target cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone”
— “Shrinks malignant tumors”
— “Avoid painful surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, or other conventional treatments”
source

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have in the past purchased several supplements from The Wolfe Clinic.

wolfe clinic

They seem to be very different from you normal supplement website.
They have countless pages of serious research done by serious doctors and governments available. And provide several supplemental products only to doctors for cancer/hiv treatment.
A lot of their wellness philosophy is based on the acid/alkaline state of the body.
I have found some products to be helpful but not very cheap.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I read their newsletter sometimes. It usually contains some interesting stuff.
I'm a huge fan of MSM and cayenne, both of which they recommend.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

I use the Bioxy, Greens First, and the Aloe concentrate when I periodically do a juice fast. But mostly I find their website full of useful information and legitimate research unavailable anywhere else.
By no means though am I pitching their products, I'm sure there are other equally good products on other websites.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
People need to close down these wackjob fake doctors in Mexico.They state it's alternative medicine and a new cancer cure that cant be used in the us cause its not in our nation and approved by the fda etc.People spend their last dieing dollars,sometimes hundreds of thousands to just be scammed hoping to be cured of advanced cancer as their last chance to fight for survival.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
People need to close down these wackjob fake doctors in Mexico.They state it's alternative medicine and a new cancer cure that cant be used in the us cause its not in our nation and approved by the fda etc.People spend their last dieing dollars,sometimes hundreds of thousands to just be scammed hoping to be cured of advanced cancer as their last chance to fight for survival.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by alienstar]

Do you mind elaborating or maybe give us an example cause I wasn't aware of these Mexican cancer cures.

top topics

join