It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I want to thank my fellow tribesmen on here who have done such a terrific job defending our "merry" community. I also wanted to add that heterosexuals are often prone to jump to the conclusion (as we have witnessed here) that because two homosexuals can not reproduce we are therefore unnatural. However, if reproduction was the sole issue here then humans would have absolutely no need for the "pleasurable orgasm." Our mating would be driven by instinct alone without the need of pleasure - as is witnessed in non-mammalian animals.

Science has proven that mammalian females do experience uterine and vaginal contractions considered analogous to the female pleasure response; however, we can never be certain of the extent to which female mammals "enjoy" intercourse. If the ruckus from my outdoor cat "gigi" is any indication - my bet is that she doesn't enjoy herself at all.

More to the point - we know that male mammals, such as dolphins and a few other species of monkeys do seem to enjoy the act of ejaculation as they have been spotted - in the wild - engaging in non-reproductive ejaculatory behavior.
Where am I going you ask? Well, to assume that homosexual sex is in some way unnatural is to suggest that the "receiver" is incapable of experiencing pleasure from the experience. If it wasn't enjoyable, receivers or "bottoms" would not engage in the act. However, we know that countless homosexual men do engage and do so willingly - why? Male sexual physiology is not solely limited to the brain, testes and phallus - there is another organ called the Prostate which when stimulated properly will deliver an orgasm likened to the "tidal wave" multiple orgasm described by countless women. The Prostate is the Male G-Spot. Furthermore, studies have shown that men who engage in prostate massage to facilitate a prostate orgasm suffer from less prostate disorders including cancer, inflammation and BPH. And before you ask - the only way to facilitate a prostate orgasm is through the anus (which when stimulated is also capable of delivering plenty of pleasure.)

So, in closing - if the the grand designer - God Almighty deemed it somehow unfit or unnatural for a man to experience pleasure through the stimulation of his Prostate then why the hell did God make it so much fun?

Now - all you men in here - go try it! It won't make you Gay - unless you already were and were denying it. But don't ask your wife for help - she'll probably slap you.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Never mind.. You don't understand my point (which is totally unorthodox anyway), so lets keep it at that.

I get your point. I just think it goes even deeper than what you say.

I believe our genetic code is the RAM, motherboard, hard drive etc. that your operating system (subconscience) is loaded on. If you try to load Windows Vista on a Mac, does it run? As you have already stated, no.

So, there is hardware (genes, DNA etc.), operating system (subconscience) and software (conscience).

I believe you're trying to overlook the hardware that these softwares get loaded onto.

Do you understand my point?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yep I do. Definately. And you got it good. There is where my comparison is lacking. But I omitted that part because IMO consciousness is the base of reality, so matter is created by consciousness. Which means (that in the comparison) the hardware would be created by the operating system, which is not true of course.

And btw... Me being a mod. I apologize for hijacking the thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yep I do. Definately. And you got it good. There is where my comparison is lacking. But I omitted that part because IMO consciousness is the base of reality, so matter is created by consciousness. Which means (that in the comparison) the hardware would be created by the operating system, which is not true of course.

I see what you are getting at. I'm a firm believer in reincarnation until we assimilate to the maker...if you want to call that heaven, fine with with me.

Anyway, my belief is that we make our choice of who we will reincarnate next to be in order to learn from our previous mistakes or Karma if you will.

Now, could this be the consciousness that creates the base of reality? Or are you saying we are a blank slate when born and our consciousness creates our DNA while we are growing? If so, again I'll ask you if you believe you could change your eyecolor by changing your consiousness and subcon?

I'm not trying to argue because I think this is an interesting conversation.

And btw... Me being a mod. I apologize for hijacking the thread.

I don't believe it's been hijacked. You stated that consiousness changes physical reality and the OP is about the physical reality of our brains. So, IMO we're right on topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by Alxandro
further proof that homosexuality is genetic.

Impossible. If someone was actually homosexual (same sex) they would have no offspring. There are no children from same-sex unions.

Actually, NOT TRUE! There are A LOT of gay men who are married and have children. Just because you are gay, does not mean you can't be married, have sex with a person of the opposite sex and have children!

Take it from me, this happens A REAL LOT!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Actually, NOT TRUE! There are A LOT of gay men who are married and have children. Just because you are gay, does not mean you can't be married, have sex with a person of the opposite sex and have children!

Take it from me, this happens A REAL LOT!

I wasn't going to go there but yeah, about 60% of the gay men I know have children that they produced. As I said earlier, to some on here, these men are more natural than infertile heterosexual men.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Where they physical diferances or electrical diferances. E.G. Brain activity scans?

reply to post by Griff

You'll leave him to his own ignorance despite linking him to a website? Nice little insult you've got going there.

So if someone is a schizophrenic serial killer (because of mental disorders) I can't discriminate against them? Sorry, that logic is flawed.

Well obviously if someone was a serial KILLER, then yes, you can 'discriminate' against them, because KILLER means that they DO kill people.
Because, ya know, killers usually are ones who kill people. You can NOT descriminate against someone when they've done NOTHING wrong - that's what the Nazis did, that's what the KKK did & now YOU ARE doING it. You can 'descriminate' only when they HAVE done something wrong. Apparently you think they are the same thing. They are NOT!!!

Schizophrenia is a mental illness. I.E. Illness is a feeling of not being normal and healthy. Mentally NOT healthy. If gays brains are similar to straight females, then would that not mean females brains are 'unhealthy'... i.e. mad? Defectful, maybe. Mad? NOT in my book, NOT legally. Your hatred of gays is NOT wanted here.

And no I'm not gay.

[edit on 18/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

YA! When I was young, I went out alot with married men.
By the way has anyone done a study on gay fathers and how many of thier offsping are gay.

I have to bet, that most gay fathers children are straight.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

He he.... indeed! I think it is the media that loves stereotypes or maybe people in general just love stereotypes because it makes things nice and easy to digest. I am a female so therefor and so on.

Truth is, people are persons not genders or sexual preferences. The thing is that you have to get to know a person which takes time and effort. Just putting a label on somebody is by far easier.

Having said this, I am all for science. Yes indeed, scientific results could be used to "prove" this or that by people who have an axe to grind. Never mind, that is the price to pay.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Queen, we must stop this nonsense of using the term 'preference' as it applies to what turns people on.

The term 'preference', by its very nature, implies a "choice". This leads to rampant discrimination, as we've seen.

Human sexaulity is very complex, and can't be pigeonholed.

Sexual preference is too easily used to dismiss the Gay or Lesbian, because it infers there is "choice" in a same-sex attraction. There is no 'choice' at the base level.

Sure, a heterosexual woman may explore sex with another woman. A heterosexual man may wish to experience an encounter with another man. THAT is a choice, a preference.

BUT, the hard core wiring, if I can use that word, in the brain....what actually arouses a person the most (I'm a man, so when I say arousal, it refers to my penis. I don't know how women get aroused) is just not the same for everyone!!!

I know straight men who focus on the buttocks of women, first. Other straight men focus on the breasts. Some straight men look at the face first.

I know Gay men who focus on the buttocks. Or the arms (biceps)...or the chest (breasts)....or the face first.

THAT is a 'preference'....certain body attributes that first attract you. BUT, that comes AFTER your initial core desire....for either the opposite or the same sex.

Homosexuals can 'fake' it, due to societal pressures....but it denies the true feelings, deep inside.

[edit on 6/21/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_Orange

that's an interesting point of view actually. see what i thought originally was wow gay men and women have symmetrical brains... i guess MEN have screwed up brains after all - all depends on your bias doesn't it. i mean you're right MAYBE men are meant to have assymmetrical brains and women are meant to be symmetrical but isn't it JUST as possible that gays and lesbians are the only ones who have got it right, and we've just been deluding ourselves for centuries...

i mean seriously orange, who gives a #... in some circles prejudiced morons are the defective ones...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm gay, except I'm not.....

You know how you can buy those phermones? Well a girl I met was wearing some. Male pheromones because of the way they made her feel.

I have a very sensitive nose, and started sniffing the air and ran over to her neck and just started sniffing her, without conscious choice being involved.

This was the most attractive woman I had ever come across in my opinion, but later I realised perhaps not so, it was just the pheromones. She had spray bottles with her and asked me to smell them and how they made me feel. One of them aroused me. It was male pheromones.

Therefore I'm gay, scientifically.

Yet, I find no attraction to men, and love women. Never have looked at a man sexually either.

Figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kleenex

kleenex.....I was onboard the 9/11 airplanes, as part of a program to investigate history, from the FUTURE.

I got transported off, before the crashes, to save my life, since I was just an observer.

I have a lot of documentation, but I can't show you, since it would pollute the timeline, and thus result in my not being BORN in the future, etcetera.....

Now, prove my claims to be bogus.

EDIT....even in the future we make mispellings....

[edit on 6/29/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have no idea what the hell you are on about, so yeah.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I do hope you understand that I am all for being yourself, gay or not? I do see your point. Really, somebody who says: see see it is just a PREFERENCE obviously wants to confuse the issue. And you know what I do not care about the brain being wired this or that way. If two people want to experience sex with each other, than that is the only thing that matters! Whether there is love or not. It is imo all about freedom! Nobody should have to explain why it is either a man or a woman with whom he/she is having sex or a relationship.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_Orange

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Originally posted by Agent_Orange
Hmm, so gay humans are defective after all and it is a disorder...

wonderful hate you got there, jerk

So pointing out genetic disorders / defects is now hate? Wow. I guess everything is hate these days.

So you argue that they aren't defective, and it's normal for males to have female brains?

Is someone having down syndrome or born with only 1 leg also normal to you, or would that be a defect?

What's next, women born with penises are also normal and it's not a genetic defect?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Agent_Orange]

Talking about genetic disorder hmmm, what about sterile (but otherwise heterosexual) men? There was a study done that it showed sterility is passed down to younger generations and it might be hereditary. No hate there huh?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
Sorry if someone has asked this.......
.....what about bisexuals?

I'm bisexual!! What's the question?

If it's "What happens when you scan our brains?", then I can' tell you for sure as I'm not aware of any neurological studies on bisexuals.

Anywho, I have a theory all the same.

I think that a bisexual male, will develop patterns that are similar to both strait mens' brains and strait-women/gay-men brains. I'm attracted to different things in guys and girls and it makes sense to me that if discrete systems of attractions are working independently, then there is probably discrete sexual orientations working independently as well.

If I'm right, in a fMRI or catscan, a similar bisexual's brain would react to an attractive male in the same way a gay man's brain will, and respond to an attractive female in the same way a strait man's brain will.

It's the sexual equivalent to split personality disorder.

- although I, in no way, consider it a disorder. Personally I look at being bi as a blessing!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Welfhard]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join