It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
this still doesn't explain why some guys become gay after going to prison... but seriously, i think mentally we all have defects, show me one that has the perfect brain. I wonder what contributes to this early development in the brain, like if it aint genetic then how can someone prevent it.

i think those cases might of actually been closet cases that just realized the are gay

there is a word called denial, alot of people use it in their daily lives to cover the real truth of sometimes which they cannot handle

turning gay and being gay, i believe are two different things

maybe once someone has sex with same sex they find that pleasing and maybe never realized that they infact were gay to begin with

that doesnt mean they turned gay at all, i think it just means it was really deeply seeded and possibly hidden in the person

apc

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

What DNA? I dunno... maybe the same sequence that determines whether or not you have earlobes. Do you believe you can, through psychological programming, change the status of one's earlobes?

I believe there is a lot of confusion abound between predisposition and predetermination. Genetic predisposition means with the proper environmental influences a certain trait has a high probability of becoming dominant whereas with other environmental influences that same trait may remain dormant. So yes, a person predisposed to have two left feet can indeed leap through the air knocking the toupee off Justice Roberts' head... so long as their port-foot trait was not made dominant during gestation.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by apc

What DNA is concerned. I agree with the following thread. I can't offer evidence right now, but I believe that consciousness is even able to alter DNA.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly right. I was looking for that thread earlier, so I am glad you found it, because it is 100% pertitnent to this discussion.

That thread really addresses free will, and how you lay blame off on other things, and how you can actually give up your free will very easily.

(Yet another great thread, started by Skyfloating
)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

It is of my opinion that consciousness creates matter, so even DNA would be subject to the influence of the mind. I think (not sure) that there were scientific studies done on this.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There was a documentary on about a year ago about transgendered childen. I believe they mentioned something about hormone therapy.

And While I didn't read the whole thread, I have to wonder about those who are bisexual may also have a different brain or brain process responses. Keeping in mind that some people are less inhibited than others and probably just enjoy what they are regardless what others think.

Some may mention possession by other genders or alternate personalites. Our brains and our emotions may have developed differently from others as well. Different alters of personalites may be emotionally linked to those they are around. A female who finds herself attracted to another female might be pheromones or some type of psychic energy. It may be that there's residual pheromones from a male also. Many people seem to react to their surroundings as if being submissive.

Wasn't there some study years ago that supposedly wasted a lot of money researching the gay mallard duck?

www.123exp-culture.com...

If an MRI shows what some may see as a defect, then these may supposedly be altered in some way such as by brain damage or a lobotomy.

But if we could switch bodies with another gender, would we really become that gender? Many refer to feeling trapped in the wrong body which could suggest past life gender. There's also stories of being possessed by their dead twin.

A pregant womans diet, state of mind or possibly one who's bi sexual might also have an affect.

I would imagine this could also be strongly related to diet and nutrician. Sometimes we crave for certain foods, which may be because of what we're missing or allergic to.

It would seem that many are just addicted to orgasms and blood or are hypersexuals or compulsive sexual behavior. So, what's normal?

It would be interesting to hear about blind people in this study as well.

Now studies say that heart disease is linked to impotence? Use it or lose it?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by aleon1018]

apc

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Ah, so your position is one of philosophy. Very well.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Nope.. on science. Check out some studies on consciousness and matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It is of my opinion that consciousness creates matter, so even DNA would be subject to the influence of the mind. I think (not sure) that there were scientific studies done on this.

I'd like to see you change your eye color with your consciousness. Video tape it for all of us to see. Thanks.

apc

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Got any links? Googling "consciousness matter study" comes back with 260,000 results.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I will look for them after the football (soccer) games that are on right now.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I see homosexual men having a deficiency in their natural biological role as humans i.e. the desire to mate. (Yes, there are a very small proportion of ‘straight – biologically normal’ males, that ‘choose’ not to do this but this is contrary to their basic instincts) My supposition would suggest a mental condition that is at odds of a straight male and makes gay males deny or switch off their ‘natural’ sexual preferences and pursue a same sex relationship?

If those that disagree with this can answer. How would the human/animal race survive if ‘natural’ biological functions where not used for their natural use? I would say that I don’t deny that its possible that some men may have a hermaphrodite birth defect and all the hormonal/mental issues that this would provide for them but as in the (non-politically influenced) animal world, this is extremely rare!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Uhm.. nope.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I will look for them after the football (soccer) games that are on right now.

Soccer is for queers.

Just kidding, couldn't help myself.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Only a 300 million people think that on this planet while 3 billion people think otherwise. Anyway.. I'm angry. Freakin France is losing 1-0 to Italy.

back on topic now.

Gay men and straight women having similar MRI scans.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Re: study of homosexuality leading to other discoveries ...

Perhaps, but why not study the other things (love, hatred, etc.) instead of studying something like homosexuality? Why are they not studying heterosexuality? How about asexuality?

The reason I take issue with this is because it's assumed that heterosexuality (exclusive heterosexuality, rather) is "normal" and everything else is a disorder or dysfunction. That assumption in and of itself lends any discovery about other sexual orientations (or no orientation whatsoever) to be disordered variations of what's "normal". I'm pretty certain homosexual, bisexual and asexual people do not feel that anything is wrong with them, and more than heterosexual people feel anything is wrong with them. You're starting out with the premise that they're broken, and a cause must be determined. I can't stop anyone from performing such research, but I can speak out against the use of its results for the further subjugation of those who aren't considered to be "normal" by society's warped standards.

Re: transgendered persons and hormones ...

Yes, people diagnosed with gender identity disorder usually undergo hormone replacement therapy to develop the secondary sex characteristics of the target gender during transition. It doesn't make your sexual orientation change, though the openness and honesty that goes along with transition may make people come to understand things about themselves they'd repressed or denied. I'm a transsexual female, and do have at least some personal experience in this area. My sexual orientation has not changed, though its definition has (I'm considered a lesbian now). But, in going through my transition, I've also become much more open and honest with myself. I'm not ashamed to say when I find any person attractive, whether they're male or female.

Re: homosexuality being a defect, not natural, no desire to procreate

What about people who take a vow of celibacy? What about straight couples who decide not to have children, but are fully capable of having them? What about gay couples who do want to be parents, and procreate or adopt through other means? Just because a development does not result in increased reproduction for that individual/group does not mean it isn't important to survival, or that it doesn't prolong the survival of the species in the long run.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have to agree with those who say that homosexuality is a disorder or a defect, or at least dysfunctional. It certainly interferes with the most essential biological funtion; to reproduce. It's surprising how politically incorrect that is. Seems very obvious to me.

I guess people are understandably afraid that knowlege will be used to discriminate against homosexuals. But we shouldn't let our fears interfere with the advancement of human knowledge, IMO.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by phl0gist0n

You miss the point. Reproduction is not essential for all members of the population. Homosexuals represent maybe about 5% of the total population. That number has held fairly stable for a long time. Homosexuals are no threat to the success of the human race. In fact, they may actually help keep population growth in check somewhat.
As for the MRI scans, I will wait and see whether or not the results can be replicated by other researchers before accepting it as truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phl0gist0n
I have to agree with those who say that homosexuality is a disorder or a defect, or at least dysfunctional. It certainly interferes with the most essential biological funtion; to reproduce.

That's funny. I can reproduce just as easily as you can or any other heterosexual or homosexual male. Unless that male is infertile, in which case an infertile heterosexual would be the "disorder", "defect", "dysfunctional", and "non-natural" of the two of us.

Using your logic, I am more natural than infertle heterosexual males because I can reproduce. But, that's your definition of "natural" isn't it?

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Griff]

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

vive le difference eh.
well, this is a long time ago my story mind, and in the UK, but i started school when I was 5. before I started, I had nightmares, again and again and again. much of what i experienced I have found to similar to others that went to school in that part of the world, which was london. sometimes i still meet people from that generation and background, they can totally relate, we are like veterans - survivors - of a war.

so what I am saying is , that my experiences were the norm, rather than the exception. I did not really understand until later, but most of the teachers, and especially the priest, were homosexual and pedophiles. the priest was a pedophile. in fact most of the priests were, perhaps all of them. Ours would invite boys to his house (school owned) to play with trains. So would the teachers. the straight teachers who had families - in the minority.
you were just not safe. You were six, seven, eight, nine, or ten. you were just in a weird scenario with no way out. parents had no idea or if they did, ignored it. the safest ones were the open homos, the "gay" effiminate ones, they normally left you alone.
the damage caused by all this was massive. you have no idea. the fear alone was enough to cause psychological shut down, one had to put up some defense, it sure wasn't physical and no legal defense.
just before I left, the wife of the headmaster suicided, then the headmaster hung himself. they were in their late 30's.
I knew the previous head quite well. an elderly dude. I would often be punished for failing to eat the food. you waited outside his study in a dark corridor with lights on it like traffic lights. turn to green, you open the heavy wood door. Inside, it was trousers down and an ass wopping, over his lap.
Man I was pleased to get out of that school in one piece! Others weren't as lucky as I. Sometimes the memories only come back around when you have your own kids, they get to that age, and they trigger something in you, and you are then in a real frakin crisis you aren't even sure what your memories are, are they real or is it just the fears working.
so sorry if I sound hateful or unenlightend, bitter. but... I am not the stoning type and I don't go looking to piss anyone off in life. Live and let live is my motto. if they wanna get married, they're gonna get married. people are gonna express themselves and I'm no nazi. I'm not calling it a sin from a pulpit and I'm not gonna waste any time on some crusade about it. know what I mean? But I gotta tell ya who want to hear what I have to say, all this bull# about "loving gays" don't cut it with me. its just not my experience then, its just not my experience now. the "will and grace" is the sugar coated side of the faeces that is the reality, its a mask, its like the strong perfume, the clothes, it is hiding something....what?. they will take you to hell if you take that road. Homos and pedophilia is connected if you really want to face the truth and you dig into the institutions and the churches and the boyscouts etc. and what comes after pedophilia, you know you end up doing that for a few decades and get away with it, do you want to look that one in the face. you take a path in life one way or the other, life don't let you stay on the fence, know what I mean? If as a guy you start fixating on the anus of other guys as your pleasure in life, and you match to the hormones and the biochemistry of same sex, it is gonna take your mind somewhere. nothing "gay" about it sorry. and it aint love either. fear fear fear fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bakedbean

I'm sorry you were subjected to that. My childhood was totally different. I was never abused - physically or sexually. I would think that you of all people would see the need for gays to not be marginalized or shut out of society. You said yourself that the openly gay people were generally safe. Sexual repression can lead to paraphilias - including pedophilia. IMO, the priesthood lends itself to pedophilia, since it doesn't allow for healthy sexual expression.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join