It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

www.washingtonpost.com

MONDAY, June 16 (HealthDay News) - MRI and PET scan studies are showing remarkable similarities between the brains of gay men and straight women, and between those of lesbians and straight men.

For example, the brains of straight men and of gay women share certain common features: both are slightly asymmetric, with the right hemisphere larger than the left, say the Swedish researchers.

On the other hand, the brains of gay men and straight women are both symmetrical.

Similar trends emerged when scientists tracked connectivity in the amygdala, the region of the brain involved in emotional learning and in activating the fight-or-flight response. They noted strong similarities between gay men and straight women, and lesbians and straight men.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow. I always knew there was a mental difference between the gay men and straight men, but it's great to have some evidence to back it up.

Hard to believe some people still think it's all about individual preference.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmm, so gay humans are defective after all and it is a disorder...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_Orange

wonderful hate you got there, jerk

this is nothing new, there was a huge study done over this years back and also included those transgendered patients who were taking estrogens

they showed that homosexual men did have some comparison to female brains than their counterparts, but to say their brain is female is not true also

being gay is just like being straight, the only difference is attraction to same sex as you

how is that defective?

its along the same lines as skin color, race, etc

people are people and we all need to live together if we are ever going to strive for peace and love

[edit on 16-6-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

wonderful hate you got there, jerk

So pointing out genetic disorders / defects is now hate? Wow. I guess everything is hate these days.

So you argue that they aren't defective, and it's normal for males to have female brains?

Is someone having down syndrome or born with only 1 leg also normal to you, or would that be a defect?

What's next, women born with penises are also normal and it's not a genetic defect?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Agent_Orange]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_Orange

well what makes them so defective?

attraction to same sex ?

that is hardly a disorder or defect

they function as most humans do

you cannot compare downs syndrome and being born with Congenital anomolies with being gay

that is just ridiculous

what about skin color is that a defect then?

gay males and female brains are not the same

i said they showed comparisons just like the OP was stating

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is this really any surprise? That gay males act like women? No wonder gay men like to go around shopping and decorating and crying and doing their nails and watching Oprah. It is nice to have this confirmed with evidence though I will agree. And to those that will take my humor seriously, relax please.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Gay men are in no way defective they are just made differently from straight men.

And most women will tell you very often their best friends are homosexual men.

And when I comes to shopping I'd take a gay man with me every time instead of my husband!

Vive la difference!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
From a pure scientific point of view you could make the case that homosexuality was a defect since it doesn't result in offspring to carry out the genetic trait. It appears as if Darwin frowns upon this trait. Survival of the fittest right?

So pointing out genetic disorders / defects is now hate?

No. It is possible to state that something is a defect without hating those that have this trait. Otherwise you could label everyone who participates in a March of Dimes walk as "haters" cause they're pointing out that poor helpless babies have defects.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Gay men and straight women sure do click when they talk about shoes, bags and accessories.
This explains quite a bit, my gf loves to shop and gay clerks always compliment her shoes and purses.
I guess this is further proof that homosexuality is genetic.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am so F-ing loving all of your guys passive-disgust and generalizations on homosexuals

shows that you have no understanding what so ever of people who are different what you are yourself

how do you sleep?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
further proof that homosexuality is genetic.

Impossible. If someone was actually homosexual (same sex) they would have no offspring. There are no children from same-sex unions.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you consider that gay men have the same brain structure as straight women, I guess straight women have a defective brain and is a disorder?

BAN STRAIGHT MARRIAGE!!!!! It's a disorder. /sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by Alxandro
further proof that homosexuality is genetic.

Impossible. If someone was actually homosexual (same sex) they would have no offspring. There are no children from same-sex unions.

there are also plenty of no-offspring heterosexual unions

what is so difficult about not wanting to accept homosexuality as genetic?

there are so many gender genetic issues

hermaphroditism, psuedohermaphroditism and many many others

the possibilities are endless and yet these people are not freaks either, atleast to me, people are people

who cares what we do in a sense as who we are and how we treat each other

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

And if anything, it would seem that it is the straight men with the "disorder" since they are the ones with lopsided brains.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

all of your guys passive-disgust and generalizations on homosexuals

Yeah, all those comments about how gay men love to shop and compliment women's clothes are quite the stereotype aren't they? Still, that's what this study seems to suggest. Homosexual men like purses, and homosexual women like wearing flannel shirts. It's actually sort of silly.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

And if anything, it would seem that it is the straight men with the "disorder" since they are the ones with lopsided brains.

oh and just to add to that, men struggle to stay male, we all start out female it is only through flooding of testosterone that we develop to males

a eunuch in time will develop certain aspects to females, PHYSICALLY

especially with body proportions and some breast growth, most likely wont bald, no prostate cancer

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Is this really any surprise? That gay males act like women? No wonder gay men like to go around shopping and decorating and crying and doing their nails and watching Oprah. It is nice to have this confirmed with evidence though I will agree. And to those that will take my humor seriously, relax please.

Humour aside, it is this type of humor that gets gay people bashed and killed. Because you think we are less human than you.

BTW, I'm a gay man who drinks beer, watches sports, belches, farts, hates to shop, has dirty finger nails, is the worst decorator out there and have no fashion sense. So, where do I fit in your stereotypical world?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

there are also plenty of no-offspring heterosexual unions

Yes. Due to genetic defects (Or sometimes choice) some heterosexual couples do not have children. Still, this is the only scenario that produces children. Homosexual couples never produce children.

Just because your car doesn't always start with gasoline in the tank doesn't mean that adding water to the tank will produce a better or comparable result.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What about bi-sexuals? Is there brain male and female or an it as in neither?

What's completely oppsoite male's and female's, by not having either brain, attracts to both.

Bi-sexual women are no defects because they are what man's so-called male side want. It's like mother nature giving us what we prefer which is a woman who likes the similar and the opposite to her body. Straight women are defects for they may have a gay male brain. lol. When I want to see a woman get busy with another woman I dont want her to refuse doing it. My intuition tells me straight women are a defect.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join