It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am completely in awe.

I feel as though an officer should do everything in his power to avoid killing another, that every life is valuable, but this man was kicking an infant in the head? What kind of sick, desensitized world have we created? This entire situation should be completely unheard of, some kind of twisted horror movie at best. I can't imagine the grief this has caused.

I feel as though we have lost two children to absolutely abominable states of mind and circumstances, and the officer is no doubt extremely distraught over what he has experienced as well, and would be whether he was put on administrative leave or not. Can you imagine having the sense of responsibility to step into such a god-forsaken situation?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I don't quite understand this. If a 1 or 2 year old was kicked in the head by an adult, wouldn't just 1 kick have killed him? The man kicked this baby in the head. Someone called 911. Then the police showed up and killed the man. Yet the baby was still alive?

Not always and there is a subtle difference between brain dead and dead.

Kids are quite resilent and could surive a blow like that but repeated blows by this animal there was no chance.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I personally could not contain myself in such a situation, I would fight tooth and nail, and use any weapon at my dispense, to stop such a sickening and violent act, even if it was too late for my actions to save the child.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Can you imagine having the sense of responsibility to step into such a god-forsaken situation?

No and i'd prefer never to be in the situation, the police get bashed so much, even by me as i'm not a fan of the overuse of power. This police officer though did the right thing, and he also did something amazing in my eyes, he asked the guy to stop before he shot him. That ladies and gentleman takes amazing restraint, utter self control.

Would you have asked this man to stop? Or would you have just shot him on sight, i have to admit, i have a great deal of self control, but i am not sure i could have bothered giving the warning.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I listen to police scanner here in cleveland for diversion. The number of brain dead idiots that troll our ilk is more numerous than get news worthy.
I know sociopathic killers have been around for centuries, but they seem to be growing in numbers.
Meth, crackheads snapping.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm sure I would have probably shot him, too. I just would have shot his knees/legs out first, if I could make the shot without putting the child or anyone else at risk. Granted a lot of specifics like that are missing in the article.

Like I said, the whole situation is awful.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Always shoot to kill.

You never know what a wounded man can do and shooting at arms and legs is an iffy proposition, especially when other lives are at stake.

Center of mass is usually the best bet and in other cases a head shot will do.

Roy Rogers and Dale Evans were always polite enough to shoot the firearms out of the hands of their adversaries and in the real world a good sniper can do that, too, but not when the innocent are in harms way.

There may be newer protocols, but I'm old school.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

If that is your position, Grady, then I guess I would make an exception if it were you, just to bring you that extra little bit of comfort.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I hate cops, but this cop should be promoted and given a medal, it's just a shame he had to shoot him, I could think of a much better punishment than death.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
queue cop haters:

Ok.. being a 'cop hater' myself.. I say give him a medal..

People like this don't deserve to live.
Once you cease acting like a 'human' then you give up your 'human rights'.

In fact the cop should have shot him in the nuts first one at a time..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont think he should have shot him..but thats just me.Anyway i would like to have known the mental status of the man at the time...i have a feeling he went crazy...Maybe thats me just being naive though,i couldnt imagine someone doing something like that without a mental illness..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
As the father of an infant I applaude this officer. If anyone even LOOKED as if they were going to kick my son, I would shoot them without hesitation. The world needs more police like that.

I second that.

Hope the officer gets a medal for killing that lowlife piece of crap.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
What got me up here was that people was just driving by, WTF are those people just some fear mongered puppets who do not dare to take out this man? I would have(and i have a history of it) beaten the guy up until someone came and stopped me to protect this infant, but what did these drivers do???? they kept on driving and only phoned 911, what an embarresment these people are to humanity.

I wonder why the officer on the other hand did not shot the mans leg or some other part where he would survive and get jailed instead...

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Sir, this sort of sacrifice is lacking in today's world. Your comments gave me a sense of pride that people like yourself still exist!

I will be starring your post!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
What got me up here was that people was just driving by,

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I commend the police for doing what they did...

I condemn the people/passer-by's for not stepping in .

Thats what pisses me off the most about this story.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
But you realize if anyone had tried to stop him physically he/his family would have sued.

"He hit me with a stick!"

You were beating a baby to death!

"He still hit me lawsuit!" 550,000 dollars later...

"I never have to work again now that the baby is dead I can buy anything I want!"

I lost my house, car, life savings.

"You shouldn't have hit me with that stick."

But you were beating a baby to death!

"Shouldn't have tried to stop me. Now what kind of Ferrari do I want?"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

That's why I said that they need to give the citizenry back this right without punitive damage. Punks these days know that they can break into your house without care because if you shoot them, they are able to sue you. F*ed up country we live in eh?

On the other hand, as many will call the Middle East barbaric, I highly doubt things of this sort go on there. As everyone has an AK-47 on hand. And criminals know that they will get their hands chopped off. Maybe barbaric, but at least it deters crimes and especially crimes like this.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Quite obviously kicking a baby's head in the street is reprehensible; within the realm of "deserving execution."

I have a question though... when was the last time a US citizen was shot dead by an officer flying overhead in a helicopter?

Interesting precedent. Where could this point?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Would never happen. Too many lawyers, not enough graves.

Man breaks into a house, cuts his hand on glass by breaking it to get in, sues, wins.

Or in England a man broke into a house, raped and killed the mother and daughter, the husband/father shoots him, the father/husband goes to jail and the man he shot wins the lawsuit.

I don't know how it goes but wasn't it Shakespear who said "First we kill the lawyers"?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I have a question though... when was the last time a US citizen was shot dead by an officer flying overhead in a helicopter?

If you read the article, the helicopter landed in the field nearby. The cop couldn't get to the guy because of an electric fence (How I have no clue...electric fences from where I'm from are not that hard to get over/under/around) and then shot him when he would not cease and disist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join