It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have to ask why you want to know more.

What else is there to know? This man brutally attacked a toddler.. a child.. If it were a case of the baby screaming and crying then again no EXCUSE is going to be good enough.. not for me.. There is NO excuse for child abuse... NONE.. Do you understand that?

Here's a question... Do you have children of your own? because before I had my son these stories didn't have the impact on me that they do now.. I wonder who's child this was.. Who is sitting in their house crying knowing that they will never see their baby again.. Put yourself in their shoes.. I mean.. Not a DAY goes by that I don't worry that something bad is going to happen to my son.. not a day.. And it's something I will worry about until the day I die..

There is no excuse.. and nothing can be said to make this lunatic's actions right.. he killed a child.. beat the child to death.. I don't care why, I don't need to know why.. The fact that he raised his hands to an innocent defenseless child is enough for me to know he's DEAD!... He deserved to die, unfortunately he died a little too quickly. He should have suffered like that baby did.. he should have suffered longer and worse..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby

www.kcra.com

TURLOCK, Calif. -- A man who allegedly beat an infant to death in the middle of a roadway Saturday night was shot and killed by a Modesto tactical flight officer, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

yeah that happened not far from where i live...but that "man" they killed was not human if he was doing that. he was just an out-of-control animal and needed to be put down

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'll say it again..

This officer made a decision and acted, he did his job when others stood and watched.... This man is a hero for acting.. He should be commended.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waitingsolong
And other motorists did "nothing?" What is wrong with you people.

there was a 60 year old that repeatedly tried to pull him away from the child but the assailant kept knocking the old guy to the ground and the officer repeatedly tried voice commands before he shot him...but the assailant kept kicking and punching the infant.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

There was more than just the 60 year old.. And they just stood there. These people should have over powered this nut job..

link   
I read several reports on this incident to try to get more of the story.

1) The toddler will have to be identified via DNA because there wasn't enough left of the poor soul to identify visually.
2) They don't know if the guy was his dad or what ever. No reports of missing children in area.
3) Police typically are placed on administrative leave with pay after a shooting.
4) Several passerbyers were trying to tackle the guy, but he just throw them off himself, and went back to the child.

It really is a tragic case.

link   

Originally posted by Ox
I'll say it again..

This officer made a decision and acted, he did his job when others stood and watched.... This man is a hero for acting.. He should be commended.

yup your right... i just wish he could have got there sooner

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
While that thought is very true. I believe alot of folks in this country are sick and tired of paying more per year to house scumbags like this than most of us make.

No, you're just spiteful and want to see another person killed. That's the bottom line.

You're not going to pay a penny more in taxes unless they raise your taxes. Your money is being spent on ridiculous stuff either way.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I read several reports on this incident to try to get more of the story.

1) The toddler will have to be identified via DNA because there wasn't enough left of the poor soul to identify visually.
2) They don't know if the guy was his dad or what ever. No reports of missing children in area.
3) Police typically are placed on administrative leave with pay after a shooting.
4) Several passerbyers were trying to tackle the guy, but he just throw them off himself, and went back to the child.

It really is a tragic case.

You're right this is tragic.

Several passer bys? Why didn't they ALL try to over power him all at once? I highly HIGHLY doubt that this man could have stopped a group of people, I mean with my 24 years of Aikido training the best I can do is 5 on 1 and even then if I am concentrating on fighting who is attacking me and nothing else. My point is they should have ALL over powered him, this is the Hulk we're talking about.. he was just a man..

And JimmyX.. We all wish the Police Officer had arrived sooner.. but who know's if they'd been able to save that poor little child..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Another article on this:
SF Gate

First couple to call 911 were elderly. I am guessing they were too afraid to stop.

[edit on 2008/6/16 by TLomon]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by jimmyx

There was more than just the 60 year old.. And they just stood there. These people should have over powered this nut job..

depends on who the witnesses were... old?, female?...a wild animal like this is consumed by blood lust, and the behavior is so foreign to most people, that only brutal and deadly response would have worked. how many casual drive-by witnesses would have been able to quickly "crank" up to that level

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

i agree with your last part OX, but the make-up, timing, and utter disbelief of the witnesses comes into play, and even young, strong men have frozen up before in like situations

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Your link didn't work..

Here it is here

By the time the ambulance had left the scene, Singh said, almost a dozen people had witnessed some part of the incident, with at least two trying to physically stop the suspect.

"The two officers on the helicopter, they were pretty shook up about it," Singh said. "We have to kind of expect this in our line of work. But for people who were just driving home, they weren't prepared for this. They're watching a helpless baby die in front of them and they're trying to intervene, but all their efforts aren't doing anything."

More than a dozen people... and maybe one or two tried but couldn't stop this guy? COME ON!!.. More than a dozen? Why couldn't more than a dozen of those people get involved..

All of them could have stopped this terrible thing from happening.. and perhaps saved this boy's life.. what a terrible terrible tragic loss....

I hope all this haunts all those people who stood by and did nothing for the rest of their lives.. There is NO reason that they shouldn't have all intervened. They could have stopped this... Where the hell is the courage? I can say with all honesty that had I been there.. I may have died, but I would have died trying to save that boy's life..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

and remember who the bad guy is here... those witnesses will have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives, wondering if there was something they could have done to kill this beast.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

This guy sounds like he might have lost his mind. I also have trained extensively in martial arts, ful contact focusing on self defence, no flowery movements. I have also worked in a mental health facility in my life and i can say that even with my knowledge, when one of te guys went, it took 5 of us to hold them down and even then we struggled. Of course we wern't meant to do harm to them so it made it more difficult.

You have to understand that most people just aren't aware of how to take someone down beyond a simple tackle. If i had seen this i would have just walked up and broken his leg, making him mechanically unable to continue his actions. However most people simply don't understand how to do that, or they don't have it in them to do it.

Think about it, it takes some training to do such a thing. Whilst i wish the people would have kept trying, maybe distracting him long enough to get the police there and save the poor child, i can understand why they wern't sucesful in their attemps.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here it is.. People don't THINK anymore..

People are afraid of getting involved.. and here's why.. they think that if they get involved they will get hurt.. ok.. so what.. wounds heal..

People think they will be subject to law suits.. So what.. get sued.. there's a god chance if you stop something then no judge in their right mind will find you in any wrong doing..

People are afraid of acting.. it's easier to turn your head.. Not me.. If that 60 year old man who had acted had picked up a tire iron or something else and smashed the attacker in the back of the head instead of trying to wrestle with him then he MAY have been able to over power him.. ...

Either way, we cant change it now...sadly a little boy will never grow up.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I have to disagree... it doesn't take training to pick up a bat from your trunk or a tire iron and smack someone in the head.. or ribs..

You can knock someone out.. render then unconscious in a few seconds without much training at all... This annoys me so badly that more people didn't get involved..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

c,mon your last post sounds like the witnesses just gathered around and watched it happen like some sporting event. the old adage "to walk in someone elses shoes" comes to mind. jesus, you make it sound like they wanted it to happen.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No I don't think that they wanted it to happen.. But I don't think that
1. They knew exactly what they were watching.. and
2. I think they were just stunned..

I think that people are afraid.. There is nothing to fear.. You might get a few bruises.. so what you could save a life... You might lose a tooth.. You could save a life.. What I'm saying is STOP standing by and watching and ACT!!!.. SAVE a life!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If this had happened somewhere else besides California, an armed citizen might have been able to have saved the child's life.
[edit on 2008/6/15 by GradyPhilpott]

Sorry..

had to ask...

So an illegal gun owner intervening would have resulted in criminal action on the gun owner?

Maybe its just the Tennessee boy in me, but I have feeling here a gang banger could intervene with a stolen 9mm and would be given a pardon (or a slap on the wrist like unsupervised probation). I would have to believe this in not the case in kooky Kalifornia? (no offense I love the state, but sometimes it's even to liberal for me!!!)

Coven

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join