It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I have to ask why you want to know more.

What else is there to know? This man brutally attacked a toddler.. a child.. If it were a case of the baby screaming and crying then again no EXCUSE is going to be good enough.. not for me.. There is NO excuse for child abuse... NONE.. Do you understand that?

Here's a question... Do you have children of your own? because before I had my son these stories didn't have the impact on me that they do now.. I wonder who's child this was.. Who is sitting in their house crying knowing that they will never see their baby again.. Put yourself in their shoes.. I mean.. Not a DAY goes by that I don't worry that something bad is going to happen to my son.. not a day.. And it's something I will worry about until the day I die..

Well, I want to know why because I'm looking at this situation in a scientific sense. Not in an emotionally charged fashion that so many of you are. I'm not trying to give him an excuse but I want to know why. It is obvious that he wanted to kill this child. If he was just raging and wanted to hurt someone he would have turned on the people that were trying to help the kid and start beating them. Instead he pushed them away and continued to beat on this child. Why?

And yes, I do have a child of my own.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Waitingsolong
And other motorists did "nothing?" What is wrong with you people.

there was a 60 year old that repeatedly tried to pull him away from the child but the assailant kept knocking the old guy to the ground and the officer repeatedly tried voice commands before he shot him...but the assailant kept kicking and punching the infant.

Again, why didn't he turn around and start beating the old man? Why did he go back to beating the child?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
One of the few cops with a sense of morality, although killing the man is not justified still, but then agian it is, kinda on the fence on whether the cop did right, I mean I'd probably do the same if I believed in taking violent action, but I'm a peacful person not prone to such things. I don't think the cop deserves any bad treatment.

-Jimmy

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I hate to sound cold hearted and rude but who the hell cares why he was beating a child.. The fact that he was doing it is enough..
I don't need a why.. There is NOTHING a 12 - 24 month old can do that can set off someone so badly .. Nothing.. believe me .. I have a 15 month old and I've never ever felt rage... or anger towards him.. in any way.. ever..

Thank you for answering my question.. I know it was somewhat personal..
How do you personally feel as a parent about all of this stellawayten?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Ox]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

As a parent I feel that I'm glad it wasn't my child but then again I would hope that I wouldn't send my child out with someone that would do them harm.

I think that you are reacting emotionally which is normal. It is typical human behavior to act on emotions which I guess is what this guy did... to the extreme mind you. Knowing that it is wrong to injure a child is logic, not emotion. So this man was acting on emotion alone. One emotion... the love he may have felt for this child was not involved. Logic was not involved.

It is a very interesting case for me and I would like to know more. Not to excuse the deed but to be able to analyze the situation.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I kind of see your point.. But I still don't understand it.. There is nothing in the world to make this right.
And I don't believe that this man was acting on pure emotion, I mean.. I'm sure some sort of hate was flowing through him.. but this is one of those things that we may never have an answer to.
We don't even know if it was his baby, The child might have been and there is no reason to hurt a baby.. I mean.. There is nothing a baby can do to invoke this sort of emotional response. My boy has never made me angry... Why? Because he doesn't know any better when he does something that I would say is wrong.. He doesn't know that ripping keys off my laptop is wrong.. (Just an example) (And yes he's done it.. but that was MY fault for leaving my laptop open) He doesn't know any better.. Just like this little boy I'm sure didn't know why this man was beating him.. There is no reason.. there is no why.. I'm sorry but that's just my opinion and how I feel about it.. I hope you get your answers..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

My, but aren't we dismissive of the facts. Don't you think 40-50 thou a year for basic maintaining of a prisoner in a regular jail isn't a waste of MY tax money. How nice that you could not care less about how I would rather my heavy tax burden be spent on things of a higher nature such as schools and care for our elderly. No, I'm sure we have soooo much money to waste on more lawyers to coddle our worst of the worst on appeals. I hate to actualy think what it would have cost us as TAX PAYERS to even try to heal this sick cretin. But you go ahead, pay your fair share and ,love it. I for one think its a waste, a very large waste. And your right about one thing, in this case I am overjoyed at the prospect of one more death if it was this scumbag!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
There was more than just the 60 year old.. And they just stood there. These people should have over powered this nut job..

What happened to the "good samaritan law"? I feel if these people actually did nothing but watch, they should be fined and/or thrown in jail just the same.

At least fined to compensate the officer his due pay while he is on leave.

I still say kudos to the officer.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

Originally posted by Ox
I have to ask why you want to know more.

What else is there to know? This man brutally attacked a toddler.. a child.. If it were a case of the baby screaming and crying then again no EXCUSE is going to be good enough.. not for me.. There is NO excuse for child abuse... NONE.. Do you understand that?

Here's a question... Do you have children of your own? because before I had my son these stories didn't have the impact on me that they do now.. I wonder who's child this was.. Who is sitting in their house crying knowing that they will never see their baby again.. Put yourself in their shoes.. I mean.. Not a DAY goes by that I don't worry that something bad is going to happen to my son.. not a day.. And it's something I will worry about until the day I die..

Well, I want to know why because I'm looking at this situation in a scientific sense. Not in an emotionally charged fashion that so many of you are. I'm not trying to give him an excuse but I want to know why. It is obvious that he wanted to kill this child. If he was just raging and wanted to hurt someone he would have turned on the people that were trying to help the kid and start beating them. Instead he pushed them away and continued to beat on this child. Why?

And yes, I do have a child of my own.

The kid had 'the demons'

external link

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
One of the few cops with a sense of morality, although killing the man is not justified still, but then agian it is, kinda on the fence on whether the cop did right, I mean I'd probably do the same if I believed in taking violent action, but I'm a peacful person not prone to such things. I don't think the cop deserves any bad treatment.

-Jimmy

It is sad if that state would make it illegal to use deadly force when someone is being attacked and their life is in danger.

If you are the one attacked then I suppose you will be alright when no one helps or a officer decides not to stop the attacker before you die.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Too bad the baby didn't survive.

No it's a good thing, because if the baby survived it would have probably been paralyzed for life and lived a life of agony. The man that was doing this is a sick animal and I congratulate the officer for doing what should have been done.

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
My question is with the witnesses that saw and allegedly tried to stop this man why none of them thought to crack this guys melon with a tire tool or a big stick. Surely if they tried to stop this man they could have.

No I'll tell you what, I've been to the Modesto area a few times because I have friends that live in a city near there, and had to drove through Modesto to get there. Nothing but illegal alien gang bangers in that town. That is a town when driving through, I made sure my car doors were locked and that I didn't make a complete stop at stop signs.

It was wise for the witnesses to not interfere.. the guy could have pulled a gun out and shot them. And it's not terribly unlikely... while driving through that town I did see a group of teenagers CARRYING GUNS in PLAIN SIGHT.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
This guy sounds like he might have lost his mind. I also have trained extensively in martial arts, ful contact focusing on self defence, no flowery movements. I have also worked in a mental health facility in my life and i can say that even with my knowledge, when one of te guys went, it took 5 of us to hold them down and even then we struggled. Of course we wern't meant to do harm to them so it made it more difficult.

I bet a tire iron to the head could have helped though? Just a little?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You're right, This officer not only the world a favour but did the tax payers one too.
It costs more than $1200 a day to keep an inmate in prison, And there's a good chance this maniac would have plead insanity or some other crap to try to get out of facing up to his awful crime.

I certainly had no idea it cost that much. My friend says all convicted child abusers, rapists and murderers should be dropped off on an island and just left to make their own way. They could practice all their fantasies on each other. The govt. could make airplane drops every couple weeks of rice. I think there are plenty of islands. Sometimes our govt. is just too civilized.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
... My friend says all convicted child abusers, rapists and murderers should be dropped off on an island and just left to make their own way.

I think about this at times. Those people do not want to live in a society with certain rules. Why are they our burden? Give them their own place and they can live within their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I applaud the officer's actions, and I hope he does not suffer for doing the World a favor by exterminating this piece of human filth.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
This guy sounds like he might have lost his mind. I also have trained extensively in martial arts, ful contact focusing on self defence, no flowery movements. I have also worked in a mental health facility in my life and i can say that even with my knowledge, when one of te guys went, it took 5 of us to hold them down and even then we struggled. Of course we wern't meant to do harm to them so it made it more difficult.

I bet a tire iron to the head could have helped though? Just a little?

You wouldn't need a tire iron if my son had been around. He found a little dog about 15 years old tied to a stoplight yesterday who was falling over almost dead in 95 degrees. He ran into the two fast food places to ask whose dog it was, and no one was willing to own up. He took the dog home and now the little guy will live a life of luxury. My son has radar for the little guy and the abused, he would have pummeled that guy, probably killed him with his bare hands.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ldunquist

Wow!!! so it was just like 'the omen' movie.

Robinson jumped from his vehicle and confronted the man, who lunged at him. Robinson said the man wasn't screaming and wasn't loud, but was forceful, saying "demons" were in the boy.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
My son has radar for the little guy and the abused, he would have pummeled that guy, probably killed him with his bare hands.

Your son sounds like someone who I could be friends with. Kudos to him and you for raising such a person.

Side note:

I've jumped in front of a 185 lb. guy (who went to states for wrestling) who raised his fist to a girl at a party I was at. BTW, I'm 125 lbs. Short story, when he went to hit me, about 10 people joined in and said "NO". This is the America I grew up in. Sadly, I fear it is diminishing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten

Wow!!! so it was just like 'the omen' movie.

Robinson jumped from his vehicle and confronted the man, who lunged at him. Robinson said the man wasn't screaming and wasn't loud, but was forceful, saying "demons" were in the boy.

www.mercurynews.com...

Note that I'm not saying I believe the guy. Just that was the explanation you were looking for.

Q: What makes a guy go bat# crazy and beat a toddler to death?

A: The guy thought the kid had demons.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'm not saying that I believe that the boy had demons either. (I'm not a very religious person.) But that does explain things a little better. I'm still wondering what the boy did to make him think that he had demons.

Thank you for providing an article that had a little more information in it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join