It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by vasaga

I think his argument still stands, horses eat meat. You ever try giving a horse a tomato? Haha have a camera ready if you try it lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We are not designed to drink milk from any animal only from other humans.... and yet we do. I think it would be better for us all if we only ate what we killed ourselves because the store meat and milk is packed with the poisons that they claim "wont harm you"

Meat is packed with protein though and back in the day when we did kill our own meat everything from the skin to the eyes got used for something. Animals got to be in the wild up until their death (the way it should be). I am very leary of store bought meat and so we go to a butcher and split a cow. Costs a lot but you can taste a difference and it's sooo good. We also eat a lot of venison.

I love animals and when I was a teen I went through that whole "Omg, I cant eat anything with a face phase" then one night I was peer pressured by my then boyfriend to eat a steak and man oh man was it freaking good.
So yeah, me likes meat...meat good.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by vasaga

I think his argument still stands, horses eat meat. You ever try giving a horse a tomato? Haha have a camera ready if you try it lol

What exactly are you trying to say here? Dogs eat grass. Does that somehow make them omnivores or herbivores? Of course not. And what about the tomatoes? Are you saying they can't eat it? I think that's a myth... But even if horses can't eat tomatoes, that doesn't mean they're not herbivores. Just because all you should eat is plants, it doesn't mean that you can eat all plants. Just like a wolf eating a poisonous frog is not the brightest idea.

What the hell happened to logical thinking? I rarely see it anymore...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Reply to post by vasaga

Horses do NOT eat meat - they are herbivores !!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe we were not designed to "eat," and utilize another living thing's energy to live, at all, originally.
Maybe this is the "toll" we are forced into, to survive, to show our willingness to take another's energy. And no, horses are herbivores, though what that may say, I don't know.

Is one thing better than another? Who knows what's in those bean sprouts?
edit on 20-1-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by vasaga

"What exactly are you trying to say here?" Not much really, just that horses can and do eat meat... I consider horses as omnivores

the tomato thing was just filler, Its no myth though.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

what meat do horses eat?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Reply to post by vasaga

"What exactly are you trying to say here?" Not much really, just that horses can and do eat meat... I consider horses as omnivores

the tomato thing was just filler, Its no myth though.

Look Strafgod - stop talking complete rubbish. From what you are saying it is clear to me that you have never even stroked a horse - let alone have a clue about what they eat.

They DO NOT eat meat. Nor do elephants or giraffe or zebra or deer - would you like me to go on ?

However - cats / big cats / some birds / dogs / wolves etc DO eat meat.

Check out your animal guide book and note we are talking about the horse not the wolf.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by HelenConway

They have herbivore digestive tracks but that hasn't stopped them from eating meat. my neighbors horse eats meat but you probably would want evidence of a wild horse eating meat I assume. Well I can't help there. google omnivorus icelandic ponies, best I can do without being able to link anything

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They have herbivore digestive tracks but that hasn't stopped them from eating meat. my neighbors horse eats meat but you probably would want evidence of a wild horse eating meat I assume. Well I can't help there. google omnivorus icelandic ponies, best I can do without being able to link anything

horses do NOT eat meat and if your neighbour is feeding meat to the horse then the RSPCA or SPCA need to be informed immediately - that is blatant animal abuse .

We

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
so, I find this so sad......like much of what I have experienced to date.
and the argument about horses, will achieve what, exactly? For those of you who argue one thing obviously have no experience of horses outside of this: we, once you define who you are and where you reside, are PUT wherever the boss of this place wants.....so all the other minions can have this discussion, and use it to incur judgement.....

GET IT????

And as I type that, what am I emanating? Do any of us know that? What we eat and what we are putting out, as a configured, predicated "result?" What is the logic for that question: well, years ago we heard, we are what we eat, did we not? Did you know where this was going. Scratch that, it doesn't matter if you knew or not, that is where we were being directed....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Does it really matter if humans eat meat or not... Guess not.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We are in a place, continuum, dimension where we are held hostage by our ability to survive......

and then PUT somewhere else, in some other being, or whatever....that is the truth. And eating to survive is a principal factor in that, the above described. I have long knowledge of what horses do or do not to survive....but ultimately, this means nothing.

We are all what we are, regardless of what we have accessed to continue on...what put us here wants us judged by what we have done to go on, even to warn others, so that our warnings were judged to be "ludicrous," but mostly, hypocritical.....
the horse, like any of us, does what he has to do to survive and live another day, to fight, what does this to all of us

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Theres a youtube clip of a horse eating hamburger, how in the hell is it animal abuse?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Does it really matter if humans eat meat or not... Guess not.

Yes, for what you take and consume for your own survival will be judged as a "mark"

at least, I have found that this is the rule in the experience of my own existence

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Theres a youtube clip of a horse eating hamburger, how in the hell is it animal abuse?

forgive me for extrapolating: but it is a sign and a symbol for you to know what is being visited upon you, even now, for what you take to be your survival, and what you will pay for that....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What if that hamburger is made of you, or your children?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by tetra50

Food are being mass produced nowadays if meat was not designed to be consumed by humans then the meat, fish and poultry industries wouldn't be there, would they ? In this modern age food isn't about survival its cuisine.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just because you can eat something, doesn't mean you should. Maybe horses do eat meat on occasion. If you give it, it'll probably eat it. If you give a dog a hamburger, chances are it'll also eat the bread, lettuce and tomatoes. If a horse is starving in the middle of a desert, and all there is, is a piece of meat, it'll eat it as a last resort, just like humans would eat anything in extreme situations. These scenarios don't make dogs herbivores, horses omnivores nor humans carnivores. I can eat plastic. Does that mean I should? Does that make me a plastivore?

Can we at least agree on this?
- Herbivores have canines
- What you should eat is primarily determined by your intestine, not by what you can and have put in your mouth.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by tetra50

"what meat do horses eat?"

Ive seen one eat a hot dog, and now hamburger (youtube clip)

Here is a large copy and paste from google (probably get removed)

"Really now, you shouldn't be surprised that horses will eat meat.

Look in alot of horse's mouths - what do you see hiding in there behind the flat herbivore teeth? On somewhat more than half of horses, you will find a few conical teeth! (cannines) And somewhere around a third of horses will grow wolf teeth as well - and they too, are conical. Conical teeth aren't for chewing vegetation! Conical teeth are for rending flesh! Furthermore, horses are among the few species whose jaws can work either side to side (for chewing vegetation) or forwards and backwards (for shearing meat) Humans are another species with this adaptable mandible ability.The fact that few horses chew forwards and backwards is a learned trait (as is our own tendancy to chew that way, instead of side to side)

Now lets look at what we know of a horse's digestive system. There is one stomach, a small intestine, a cecum, the large intestine and the colon/rectum. Pulverization and chemical fractioning occur in the stomach. Fats, sugars and protien are all absorbed by the first third of the small intestine, complex carbohydrates in the next two thirds. Most of the remainng fiber goes into the cecum where it is breifly composted by the bacteria there, producing more sugars, protien and alcohols before it is expelled into the large intestine, which extracts the larger part of the moisture in preparation for expulsion. With the exception of the cecum, that is exactly how human digestion occures (and, in fact, we have a cecum, it's our appendix) So horses have a digestive system that more resembles an omnivore's.

So, conical teeth + omnivore digestion = Horses are at least semi-omnivorous!"

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join