We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Early humans were scavengers. Eating anything easily obtained whether it be fruit from a tree or an abandonded deer carcus. We really had no way of out running prey to catch them till we made traps and spears. Meat was vital to our species. We can only obtain some of the vitamins and minerals and proteins needed to survive through meat. Vegetarians have deficiencies and vegans MUST take vitamins to stay healthy. Do your homework before you hurt your body by avoiding meat and animal products. Monkeys have canines and they eat pretty much only vegetation and bugs rarely will they eat meat unless it's a meal of oppertunity like an abandonded carcus.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes. I do.

reply to post by Danger Girl

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If we are not to eat cows, then why are they made of food?

Nah, just something silly I saw online. xD

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
edit on 7-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I salivate when I see a prime rib, lightly grilled, salt & pepper...medium....yes I was designed and intented to eat meat!
edit on 7-1-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

A prime rib, maybe. But not the living cow itself, covered in mud and feces, matted hair, leathery skin, all the puss and bile and seminal fluids, ... True carnivores loooove all that stuff. They love chewing on bones and marrow.

Humans will only consider it if it's skinned, cut, cleaned, and cooked. You are confusing "nature" with learned behavior. For a better look at natural human instinct, observe children. Across the globe, children love playing with animals, showing affection and love to them.

Combine that with indisputable evidence that consuming animal products are not required for human survival, and the picture starts coming into focus. Further combine that with indisputable evidence that consuming animal products is strongly associated with a laundry list of diseases including cancer, diabetes and heart disease, and the picture becomes quite clear.

ETA - No, vegans do not have nutrient deficiencies. That is a common myth. There is not a single nutrient in meat that humans require, which is not easily found in a plant-based diet. Some take B12, but that is more of a precaution. There is not enough research in this area, as it gets into gut biology which is poorly understood at best. But the few studies out there (one from Tufts Uni) show meat eaters have the same rates of B12 deficiency as vegans do.

There is a lot of conflicting data out there. Gotta be careful when navigating through nutritional science. Even doctors and scientists are not immune from confirmation bias.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If humans are not meant to eat meat then see what happens to a growing child that does the "healthy diet". They get sick/die from malnutrion.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That is quite a stupid statement. Let me debunk that for you real quick.

There is no nutrient found exclusively in meat, which humans require. Everything the body needs can be supplied through plants. Done.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This thread has made me hungry. I think I need some french bread pizza.
Oh and every vegan I've ever known has had something wrong with them. One of my wife's friends suddenly came down with so many allergies that she had to give up being a vegan on orders from her doctor.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

That is not what the topic is stating. It is stating that Humans were not designed to eat meat. LOL!

We WERE!

Humans have CANINE TEETH! That is all the proof that is required to show we were Genetically Evolved to eat meat.

If we were not...we wouldn't have Canine Teeth. End of discussion!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

That is not what the topic is stating. It is stating that Humans were not designed to eat meat. LOL!

We WERE!

Humans have CANINE TEETH! That is all the proof that is required to show we were Genetically Evolved to eat meat.

Split Infinity

With respect it is not the 'end of' at all.
Humans could not kill prey and tear carcass with their minute canine teeth.
We as a society eat far too much 'meat' it is an addiction, a cruel and unhealthy one.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Human ansestors that existed 3 to 5 Million Years ago certainly used their Teeth to kill small prey and this is obvious since a species would not develop Canine Teeth if it did not at one time use them to kill.

Even for a person to eat all the type of Plants that provide Protein and Fat...these people never truly give the body what it needs as multiple studies have shown although Plany Life can supply a person with all the Nutrients needed to live...certain unknown tangibles that are beneficial from eating Meat...seem to responsible for keeping a person Mentally Healthy and in a study done that compared people who ate Meat and those who were stricy Vegans...the Vegans had a very High Level...5 times higher than average...of Metal Illness as well as were on average 1 Third the strength and had 1 Fourth less the endurance of the group that ate meat.

Also...over 50% of Children under 13 years old who are raised Vegan...showed various signs of Malnutrician as well as being underweight by an average of 20 lbs.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Omnivores dude. We are scavengers just like always. We can eat just about everything.

Wrong, dude, please review the image in the OP.

Life is full of anomalies such as humans eating meat. If you were a panda bear you would be stating that panda bears receive very little nutrition from bamboo, yet bamboo makes up 99% of its diet.

If you were a Dung Beetle you'd be stating that the stuff they eat is not chocolate.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Personally I do not advocate a vegan diet but a diet that is mainly vegetarian, with fish and lots of vegetables / fruit and small amounts of milk / milk products and eggs.

I do however advocate a non cruelty diet - which is very hard to achieve, because humans are incredibly cruel and heartless towards animals - especially when they represent profit.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
We only eat meat because someone else kills,skins and cuts it for us. We then marinate and salt and pepper it and cook it to perfection so that we can enjoy eating it complemented with other vegetables.....Just try to sink your teeth into a warm carcass next time to confirm.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

We WERE!

Split Infinity

Even horses have canine teeth. There goes your argument.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As has been said over and over, humans essentially evolved as scavengers, and as such, are capable of eating just about any plant, animal or insect as long as its not poisonous to them. The truth is, a human can live for quite a while on a diet consisting solely of meat, and the only reason why it cannot sustain that diet indefinitely is because of nutrient deficiency, not because the body actively rejects it. Likewise, you would also eventually suffer nutrient deficiency from eating a very narrow vegetarian diet (only eating bread, for example).

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That is quite a stupid statement. Let me debunk that for you real quick.

There is no nutrient found exclusively in plants, which humans require. Everything the body needs can be supplied through meat. Done.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Chimpanzee's have been filmed eating meat, they have canines.(teeth)
The front teeth of Humans are sharp, never had a baby human bite your finger?
Anthropologists think Humans started eating meat 200,000 years ago, with a full stomach (meat) you can get and do other things besides looking for food all day.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Let me repost something I wrote in another thread - it's actually more relevant to this one. There are a LOT of misconceptions regarding evolution and nutrition.

From this thread:

The China Study is the largest epidemiological study ever conducted on human nutrition. It is quite famous in nutrition science and finding info on it is not difficult.

First of all, dairy was not a common food staple until very recently in our history. Until domestication of animals, also very recently in our history, consumption of meat was quite rare. Our physiological adaptation to consuming them has been minimal, but even that is a moot point because of my following point.

Second of all, humans evolved to procreate. We adapt to our environments only to the extent that a species can optimize its rate of procreation, so as to maximize its competitiveness in the wild. So even though we have a couple adaptations which aid in digesting animal products, evolution and natural selection only "care" about whether that adaptation aids procreation.

So you see, there is no "natural" diet for humans, as far as evolution is concerned. (Sorry, paleo/primal dieters) It could very easily be that the healthiest diet involves some food mixture that nobody's even conceived of yet. But for now, the only way to truly peer into what can give us vitality into old age is the field of Epidemiology. It is basically the art of taking every piece of data relevant to the subject being studied, and checking for statistically significant correlations.

That is what makes epidemiology studies so unique - they can be weak and thus meaningless if not done correctly. But if done properly, they can reveal unexpected results. Many forget that epidemiology studies are what convinced the public of the dangers of tobacco. Since there are countless environmental factors which combine to determine the health of any individual, you need to study a LOT of people over a LONG period of time, for any kind of meaningful result.

Back to the China Study, it examined millions of Chinese over 20 years. They are still collecting data, even. Furthermore, the study specifically used animal products from remote villages in China that hadn't changed their lifestyles and farming practices in generations. That means none of the poisons used in modern Western farms. No rBGH or antibiotics. The result? Strong association with disease.

And just take a step back and think about it. Do you really want to be drinking concentrated hormone soup specifically tailored for infant cows which need to pack on hundreds of pounds within a matter of months? And people wonder why America has an obesity epidemic. And you think fluoride makes you passive and docile? Yeah, milk does that too, but much more effectively.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join