It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Funny pic.

I had already changed that to "mentally" designed before the time you finished posting.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You have no right to eat meat in my view if you can't take the animals life yourself and prepare it properly.

I can't say that I necessarily enjoy some aspects of it, but one does what they have to. The guts are really what get to me, and I don't eat no chitlins. I don't eat eyes either, but oddly enough I have no problem with eating the brain.

I got no problem carvin' up some meat though, nice and fresh, once it's been field dressed. And as I said, the rest of it just comes with the package if you're gonna be true.

[edit on 6/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
All the "proof" one can come up with, on either side can be debated, every point of view can potentially be "the right one".

The core of the problem is the belief system, some even believe that God told them which meats are ok to eat and others that condemn you to hell...

In a real life scenario, in the wild with nothing but reason to keep you alive, you can and will eat anything you come across to survive, the thought wont even cross your mind.

It is true, man does not have huge tearing canines like the wolf, strong stabbing claws like lions, or super senses like snakes, nor heavy coats for wintertime, humanity has Reason, that was its gift, that is its gift.
Unfortunately, we use it most of the time arguing over who holds the truth, the REAL truth.
there is no truth, humanity can survive eating meat and or vegetables and in betweens.

i ask you to consider this idea, i read it somewhere a long time ago:

Gorillas are a perfect example to put this debate to the test, they are musclebound gentle giants, but in order to maintain that build, they must eat constantly, that means all day long, and in order to digest all that plant matter they must rest the other part of the day.
when humanity began eating meat, they could go for longer periods of time without eating, thus using that spare time, not thinking about creative ways for eating plants , but for creative ways for killing, and the rest as they say, is reality???

here is the article, found it!
What Can the Diet of Gorillas Tell Us About a Healthy Diet for Humans?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
look at vegan people, they don't look that healthy, more like very thin and pale. we need meat along with grain, fruit and vegitables to sustain a healthy diet. to say humans are vegitarians is obsurd.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

That's the thing though. This threads original purpose was not to debate the ethical implicatins of whether eating meat is right or wrong. It was about whether humans are designed, either by evolution or god to eat meat or not.

Science seems to say we are designed to eat meat, that's a scientific fact from everything i've read. The only people saying it isn't true are vegetarians with an agenda.

Humans were designed to process meat, plain and simple. However whether we should eat meat in a modern society is up for debate, however that debate shouldn't take place in a thread that asked if we're designed for it or not. They are two seperate and different issues.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sorry if this info has already been posted.

Humans are omnivores.

Humans do not need red meat for a balanced diet.

Humans can get all the B12 they need from diary products and eggs.

In my opinion, the healthiest diet is a piscatorian diet ... that is vegetarian with the addition of seafood.

Seafood is one of the richest sources of B12 and omega 3

Meat tastes good ... I have a juicy organic grass fed steak every now and then (which, interestingly, has high levels of omega 3 unlike grain fed beef). Why? ... cause I like it and it makes me happy. So does the nice glass or two of red I have with it.

A vegan diet is only appropriate for some people. Example - A flat mate of mine who was vegan for 6 years until she was pregnant was one of the healthiest people I have ever met. An employee of mine who was vegan for 2 years was noticeably unhealthy until he went back to eating diary and eggs again.

So when you make dietary changes in your life, be aware of the effects it has on your body and adjust accordingly.

My motto on what I eat is:

Eat locally grown and produced food where ever possible. Eat organic and free range where ever possible. Eat produce made using sustainable methods where ever possible. Enjoy making everything you eat, enjoy eating everything that you make and make thanks for everything you eat.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I can tell you right now we are designed to eat both animal and plant material.

Our teeth tell the story.

Just because we don't salivate over animals doesn't mean we are all meant to be vegetarians. I think the issue with this is that we are brought up from birth eating meat from the butcher, therefore we are disconnected from the animal.

Sorry if the above has been mentioned, I only read the first page.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Yep again people don't read the thread title or original post, it's not anything to do with ethics, it's to do with science. Not whether we should eat meat but if we're designed to eat meat.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
read the 1st en pages and could see they simple pice of evidence.

Remove science, religion and businss men.

Go back to the Jungle tribes of the untouched trines in existence today and everysingle one of them eat meat, fish eggs and milk from other animals. Some even eat humans, and insects.

As some one pointed out in the 1st few pages the early humans didn't have access to all the wonderful choices of fruit, vegatables and grains we have today.

If you want to have a reason not to eat meat just say it's because you can. Not god not science not ethical just because you can.

Have a good life, and enjoy the luxury of being able to make choices like what you put in your body.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Danger Girl talks about the NECESSITY to eat a vegetarian diet...
I can't help but wonder if this lady's body looks as healthy as her Avatar portrays...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Wow. I totally disagree! If we weren't supposed to eat meat, why is it I am wanting to tear the liver out of a freshly killed deer right now and fry it up with a batch of mustard and onions? Funny, I'm not craving tofu.

Also, why is it when I go deer hunting twice a year its about 1000 times more thrilling and gratifying in a moment (when I send a shotgun slug slicing through a deer's heart) than a whole year of growing tomatoes in my backyard (even when I pick them....it just is NOT that thrilling!)?

We ARE designed to eat meat, and if you take the modern conveniences out and everyone must go back to the days of the tepee, you can bet my scrawny indian butt that I'm not waiting for tomatoes to grow!

PS: VEGETARIAN is an indian word for "BAD HUNTER"!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor
When a Vegetarian girl I was dating, told me that the life of a fish is no less important than my own... I've since come to realize it's best not to try and understand how those people think.

**just nods and agrees... whatever you say dear.

I apologize for the blatantly off-topic post but I thought you might find this as funny as I do.

I also dated a vegetarian girl once and on our very virst date I took her to a nice laid-back pub in a beautiful area in the city, where she ordered her vegetarian pasta dish and I sat infront of her wearing my complimentary bib, hacking *literally* into a full rack of bbq glazed pork ribs with my hands.

Even at the time I was eating I realised how tasteless I was being but I still found it hilarious. She actually took photos and we were together 14 months, so I guess I'm lucky she had a sense of humor about it too

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
so does this mean aliens made us 2 eat grains so we could unlock are hidden psychic abilities but by eating meats blocks are esp receptors greatly reducing electrolyte intake rendering the spatial frontal lobe useless

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

well put

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The one thing I heard someone else say, that I think is true: "Since we humans eat meat, when the meat is gone, we aree coming after you vegans.(AKA Cows.)"

Think about it!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ok.

I think it's absolutely true that we were designed, first and foremost, to primarily eat plants. And is IS absolutely true that the world would be better place if we ate less meat.

HOWEVER.

We CAN eat meat with our teath.

We CAN digest meat.

We LIKE the taste of meat.

SOME vitamins we can only easily get from meat.

OUR ancestors ate meat.

If you put me out in the bush for a year and I had to live by myself, you can be damn well I will salvate when I see food.

How do all them FACTS make us not omnivores? Because although we CAN, and HAVE, and WILL eat meat, yet we don't have some common traits to carnivores? Rediculous. We are not animals, and we don't have to use claws and cananines to rip things to shreds. There's a large pointy stick called a spear.

[edit on 16/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Ok.

I think it's absolutely true that we were designed, first and foremost, to primarily eat plants. And is IS absolutely true that the world would be better place if we ate less meat.

No sorry not happening, science says we were designed to eat an omnivorous diet. Our ancestors ate plants, then we developed a taste for flesh. Our teeth slowly evolved to keep up with the meat diet, our intestine shrank, bacteria and enzymes colonised our guts to take advantage of out new meaty diet, our livers developed enzymes to deal with the meat products and our bulbous stomachs retreated (until we discovered beer).

We are designed to eat an omnivorous diet, not plants only.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i disagree, i think humans are designed to eat meat, not a whole diet as meat but to eat a decent amount of it. i can easily kill, skin, clean and cook meat from just about any animal. once you know how its as natural as picking apple from a tree. you have to learn it. just like early humans had to learn what plants they could and could not eat. we learned how to kill and eat meat.

there is no facts to all of this though. i cant prove that humans were designed to eat meat. you cant prove that we werent designed to eat meat. the evidance in our mouths shows that we were designed to do both, so you do the math.

keeping a closed mind it not a way to obtain knowledge.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I rarely eat red meat and I've been avoiding it for many, many years. I do eat it occasionally, but as I said rarely. I also eat a good portion of vegetables every day and whole grains fairly frequently. I eat a lot of fish and quite a bit of chicken.

This has had a very positive impact on my health, as at 58 years of age I have yet to develop the kinds of diseases that so many of my contemporaries have developed and which sadly killed Tim Russert a few days ago.

My doctors marvel at my overall health, although they do sometimes warn me about blood tests that show a possible bad trend, which I always address immediately.

In other words, I eat what I want, which is mostly what is good for me and some of which is not so good for me.

When my doctor reports an anomaly in blood tests, I evaluate my own diet and make the appropriate adjustments.

Anyone can do this.

One might also note that there are certain essential amino acids that are only available from eating animal protein, so that is enough for me to assume that since my body is made to metabolize and utilize the amino acids and that they are essential to good health, I must be meant to eat a certain amount of meat.

For those who are made squeamish by eating fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc., you're in luck.

Nutritional yeast, a cultured product, contains more amino acids than any other protein source, so ingest a good portion of nutritional yeast daily and you can be healthy without ingesting meat. I take mine with orange juice.

The link in the original post didn't work for me, but deciding what foods we should eat by looking at the present state of our highly evolved bodies is just a little crazy.

Maybe our teeth are as they are because one of our ancestors was smart enough to invent cooking and eating utensils. That makes as much sense as your thesis.

[edit on 2008/6/16 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join