It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah we used to be vegetarians or much more plant oriented and we know this because we have an appendix which we do not use anymore because we dont have a purely plant diet. The appendix was used to brake down tough cellulose in plants and know we dont need it and is best removed

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Of course you were designed to eat meat!

Good Protein!

It all comes down to protein.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

"some meat"=omnivore

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well i don't use beauty products and i encourage everyone i can not to use them.

I'm all for going natural to a large extent, but I do draw the line in some places. I won't date a girl who doesn't wear deodorant for example. And perfume is nice too as long as it isn't too heavy.

And I think it's nice when a girl does get made-up a little for a special night out or something.

I also use soap, and shaving cream. Soap is derived from animal fat.

You'd really be surprised at the number of products that have "animal" in them. And some Vegans are worse than others, but most are downright militant about it in my experience. One couple wouldn't even come into my house years ago because I had cooked hot dogs in a frying pan earlier that afternoon.

Oh and jelly, what kind of person won't eat jelly!

My girlfriend actually, she can't stand the texture I guess. But I was talking about reall Jell-O. You know, Bill Cosby. Always room for Jello-O. Always layered with whipped-topping in the diner dessert window.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by G Kar

There's plenty of protein in foods other than meat.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Why Is there 14 pages of nothing in the survival forum?

Doesnt this belong in the scince forum.

Anyways I know the perfect solution.

Its called moderation.

And their is no on allmighty diet.

Different diets work for different people.

And I think exercise is more important than diet.
I eat meat,vegtables, and I work out. And I'm perfectly happy. and hardly feel sick. So I doubt if I stop eating meat that I well feel better. Because I feel perfectly fine now.

So I think people need to stop bickering about this and let people live thier lives.
Anyways why does it matter to people I dont even know if I eat meat?
I dont care if you dont eat meat.
So stop pushing your "meat is bad" and "meat is good" argument. This is a trivial issue that have different options different people.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl
our teeth are not designed to eat meat. Someone has mislead you on this.

I thin the point you are missing about the teeth is the fact that they have evolved just like our body hair to adapt to what our advanced brains have figured out how to stay alive.

We have intelligence and hands the two of these have taken the load off of the teeth and caused them to evolve into what we have today. Before we learned to cook our food we were using tools with our hands so we did not have to rip and tear through skin and tear the meat off the bone. Then of course we learned to cook it and that changed us even further.

We survive because we can adapt to most environments. We eat it all.

Medium rare ribeye off the grill....mmmm steak fat.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I love meat. pure and simple. preparing my own meat doesnt bother me at all. I have gutted fish, skinned deer, plucked feathers from a dove. all done so i could get at that delicious meat. i eat meat everyday with every meal. someone earlier mentioned that most people would not eat meat if they had to do all the killing of the animal and the preparing of the meat. I dont believe this. I believe its our lifestyles that have lead us away from preparing our own meat. just think, 100 years ago, everyone raised their own meat and killed it. prepared it. then ate it. our lives have become much more busy then back then. Instead of raising and growing our own food to survive, we all have jobs now and work half the day. this leaves us little time to slaugther an animal to make for dinner that night. its not a fast process. so, our busy schedules these days make it easier for us to just stop by the store where its already been cut up for us. if theses stores didnt have meat, im sure most people would not have a problem doing it themselves. same goes for plants. if no stores around me had the fruits and vegetables i eat, then i would grow them. did any of you guys happen to watch that reality tv show kid nation? a bunch of kids are sent out to an old western town to fend for themselves. they ate cornbread and vegetables for the first couple of days, but then they won some chicken for a prize. even the 5 to 16 year old children were able to butcher the chickens to eat (im sure they had adult help). But all the childrens reaction to the chicken was "Meat!!!!!!!!!!!" A few held out because they didnt want to kill the chicken because they thought of it as a pet, but the overwhemling majority voted to kill it to eat.

also, heres a website i found that has an answer about the meat rotting in the intestine.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I didn't evolve to the top of the food chain to become a vegan.

Dinner of two?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

No guano sherlock!
I believe that's common knowledge.

Please tell me something I don't know.

Not everyone is like you, remember that.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
my avatar doesnt look like someone ill or unhealthy... and ive never eaten meat

Great! That's cool. Can you understand that it's okay if you choose this for yourself but that doesn't mean that everyone should make the same choices you do?

I have not seen her say anything contrary.

I have seen the OP make some claims, little evidence to back it up, and then saw a horde of people coming out claiming vegetarians/vegans are wrong, unhealthy, ignorant, silly, etc, and the occasional "Hmmm meat, BBQ, Me caveman, me kill foooodd.." yet only offer ribs and bacon as an example of their might instead of how they go and slaughter their own food, store it, and live life without all the luxuries they then go on to claim these vegetarians and vegans are taking for granted.

Does everyone here not consider the luxury they have in not having to slaughter their own meat? Do you think that Joe Teatowel and Susan Recliner, would be happy to go out the back, shoot bessy in the face, then carve her up? That is how it used to be, before mass consumption and profit came into it, so the argument that "You vegos wouldnt last 5 minutes in the woods, you're too used to the luxury of having it all done for ya!" is meaningless. Sure, someone capable of being a survivalist WOULD be willing to hunt and gather. I know that, and there is no doubt.

But how many average people be willing to actually go do that? Paris Hilton isn't the only one who thinks laundry is something other people do for her.

I then saw a few vegetarians come out in defence, stating to each their own, but here we are. 7 pages in, and they are still being hounded.

And FYI - I just had a meat pie. So in my own way Im doing something good for the protection of animals; there absolutely no meat products in a modern meat pie ;(

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

Well eating meat with every meal isn't healthy but for the link you proided i'm very grateful. I think it shows that meat cannot rot in the gut causing illness or the release of toxic chemicals. What utter rubbish.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by G Kar
Of course you were designed to eat meat!

Well then if not everyone is like me you should change this quote.

I wasn't mentally designed to eat meat, sherlock... though I can consume it, it is not what is healthiest for me and most efficient for my body and my civilization with current methods of technology.

I agree. I was designed to be able to eat meat anatomically, if I wasn't then I wouldn't be able to.

But my mentality is to not eat meat, that is by design.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have to say here, that while I am all for eating meat, (or even not for that matter if that's how you roll,) I do think most people today take it for granted.

I know that ever since I first slaughtered, butchered, cooked, and ate a pig, I have a different point of view on meat. I steered away from uncured pork for a long time.

To tell you the truth, I would rather see people not eat meat who don't appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I've always maintained that if you cannot butcher something yourself then you shoudln't eat it. I once caused a lot of trouble at a family gathering as i talked about the chicken having once been quite happy, pecking his little way around the field, talking to his mate frank, then he's dead and on the plate. Put everyone right off except me and a few of my main family who know where our food comes from.

The hypocritical carnivore who can happily down bacon but couldn't butcher a pig, well they just rub me the wrong way. You have no right to eat meat in my view if you can't take the animals life yourself and prepare it properly.

I only eat meat sparingly but that's morea health thing, i think it's best used in moderation.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Also evolution plays a big role.

I believe your missing that completely.

But anyways nice chat. Great discussion.

Off to the alien/ufo section.

Good Day

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well I'm just a simple farmer but I thought I would point out a couple flaws in the original argument that I noticed ( I havent read every page but most of them). First, you claim that our mouths are similar to those of herbivores such as cattle. One look in a cows mouth will show you that we are nothing like cattle. Their molars are much larger and flatter and they dont even have upper front incisors, instead they have a dental plate which is specifically designed for cutting grass on.

Second, I challenge any vegan to survive on a diet of grass alone (And dont say you would eat the seeds, these are not available year round). I mean, if we are naturally herbivores, shouldn't we be able to survive on the same diet as other herbivores?

I admit my opinion is biased since I raise cattle for human consumption. And no we dont pump them full of steroids or abuse them, they are given vaccines to protect against disease and medication when they are sick.

Off topic here but it makes me mad when I see people claim that their meat is pumped full of antibiotics. Would you deny a child on his deathbed a shot which would save his life? Doesn't a steer deserve the same chance? All of the medications we give are usually administered months before slaughter so it is all out of their system by that time anyway.

BTW thanks to all you meat eaters, you pay my bills!

And one more thing, I don't know if anyone mentioned this but to those who say that it is unnatural for humans to consume milk from other animals I give you Ants Drinking Milk. Someone should inform these ants that what they are doing is quite unnatural!!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wasn't designed to eat meat, sherlock...

If you ever had front teeth, you are designed to eat meat.

[edit on 6/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i actually enjoy meat even more when i butcher it myself. all the hard work you put into it pays off at the end with a great tasting meal, but like i mentioned earlier, i dont have time to do that everyday, and hunting season is too far away lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by G Kar
Also evolution plays a big role.

I believe your missing that completely.

No, I believe you are. There are many levels of evolution at play here, not only mentally and societally, but also planetarily as a civilization and economically.

Anyhow, good chat... I suppose?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join