It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Day, Another Dream.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, but we are supposing that the ocassional holiday makes it easier to transfer the attitude to daily life. Without an example of carefree peace its more difficult to bring that home.

And "fear of anger"? Get a punching bag

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

A punching bag?

I thought the primary rule of boxing, for example, was to never lose your temper?

It's my discipline that has allowed me to reach the pinnacle of self-control, not my intelligence.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
On second thought, since you are sharing this today in order to get some helpful feedback from ATS-members I´ll drop the sarcasm.

In this instance I would vote for vacation (British: Holiday) before any psychological issues are adressed. Chances are they will be gone afterwards. Only if they are still there afterwards can one say "Yeah...he´s got issues".

My typical first response when nightmares start coming or temper levels increase is to get some peace of mind first....already at the first hint of nightmare, long before it gets worse.

And that concludes my addition to the thread, to give others some space to weigh in.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well i had the clamp on them for quite a while until the one last night, it's almost as if it 'slipped the net' or something.

I'll probably be feeling better by tomorrow, maybe my head just isn't up to reality today...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I notice your avatar of a wolf. Reminds me of analogy (you've probably heard) that we have 'two wolves' inside us, one angry (evil) and one calm (good). Which one dominates? The one we feed the most. Simplistic, but you get the idea.

But its tricky -- the anger and fear go hand in hand. The more we loath to feed that evil wolf, and fear doing so, the more that very fear can rule us, and somehow strengthen and establish that wolf even more solidly.

Once again, Mr. Hollywood has the answer, in the words of the inestimable Yoda:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

So don't fear the fear. No one is all one sided.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Actually, it's a picture of the wolf-god Fenrir, from norse mythology [note the ropes].

Your analogy has not gone amiss though.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

But its tricky -- the anger and fear go hand in hand. The more we loath to feed that evil wolf, and fear doing so, the more that very fear can rule us, and somehow strengthen and establish that wolf even more solidly.

Wise words.

I recall a tale of a demon which fed on fear, so perhaps it would be nessecary for me to feed the nice doggy some kindness and compassion.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi, Anti-Tyrant.

Your screen name is that of one who may have need of weapons.

If you were a weapon, who or what might your brother use you against?

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

My brother is actually more or less the opposite of me psychologically, although i'm more than willing to meet his anger with open defiance (someone has to).

The only weapons i need right now are those i was born with, my fists, feet and tongue.

Of course, that doesn't really help much when the guy you're fighting is using the same weapons, and yet is quite a bit bigger than you are.

In response to your question, there are numerous skills that are available to me if i were to decide to use them, so the one he has in mind eludes me.

Most likely, he won't be honest with me when/if the time comes - people rarely make their intentions absolutely clear when they want something.

He knows that hurting others is usually the furthest thing from my mind, and besides, in my dream i asked "Why did you start the fight", to which he said he wanted me to become a weapon.

Which means that if i'm right, the process is not complete.

This is the tricky bit about my dreams, deciding whether or not they really mean anything - it's entirely possible that my brother has intentions for using me as some sort of agent (he has had a few military contracts from his surveying firm recently, now that i think about it...), and yet it's entirely possible that all this is going to come to a close in decades time.

That's the irritating thing about having visions, they aren't specific.

I don't know how all those other guys do it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

In response to your question, there are numerous skills that are available to me if i were to decide to use them, so the one he has in mind eludes me.

Ah, but it isn't the one he has in mind. It was your dream, so it'd be the one you have in mind, really.

Think laterally. It may not be (probably isn't) a physical weapon. More likely, an aspect of your character.

Also, your brother in your dream may not your brother as such, simply something your brother represents to you. Could it be that he represents your own repressed violent impulses?

(Everyone, even the Dalai Lama, has violent impulses, repressed or not.)

I could interpret your dream for you in very general terms, and I'll do it if you like, but you mustn't take the interpretation too seriously.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Also, your brother in your dream may not your brother as such, simply something your brother represents to you. Could it be that he represents your own repressed violent impulses?

Such things have happened before to other people, so i don't see why it can't happen to me.

Still, even if it's not true, the image he provokes is one of a less-than-diplomatic antagonist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join