It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Ugly Truth...The Ugly American (Highly Disturbing)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Conspiriology

Could it be that Coven just happened to like a video where those Black in it are the exception to the common stereotype about Black men being such awkward anc clumsy dancers?

What the hell are you talking about guy? If you have a point to make, then SAY IT

I have not seen a video in where black men, enlisted in the armed forces of the United States of America have been filmed doing such heinous war crimes...

(From Abu Ghraib.. to the streets of Bagbad), it appears based on the surfacing evidence, that white American soldiers are the (overwellming racial makeup) acting out these crimes...

For some strange reason, it's the white American soldier (not the black American soldier) who savors in taunting innocent civilians with disgusting un-moral behavior... thus causing a world wide
towards them... and ultimatley the
on American people.

Do you understand now??

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Many of these same videos have been floating around the web for some time now. Just like ANY group of people, there are a few losers to be found. We can only hope that the majority have a sense of honor, and will do the job to the best of their ability in a lawful manner.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You are only as strong as your weakest link. I see posters brushing this off as just a "few bad apples". How do you know it's just a few? How do you know it's not commonplace?

It does not matter if thats the truth or not. What matters is this behavior. It's RAMPANT in the military and anyone who tries to tell you different is lying to your face. People from around the world are not as stupid as you gullible Americans, they can see the truth, I thank GOD for that.

What do you think they teach soldiers to do? After destroying for a period of time, the mind becomes numb, the proof is in the video. Now that video goes out over the net and no matter how you sugar coat it, those images leave a impression. The impression is that American soldiers are uncaring, evil, sadistic, and doomed to be slaughtered.

They placed a bullseye on their foreheads now. You can't just brush it off by saying it's just a "few bad apples". Some people are not stupid, they know better.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You are only as strong as your weakest link. I see posters brushing this off as just a "few bad apples". How do you know it's just a few? How do you know it's not commonplace?

It does not matter if thats the truth or not. What matters is this behavior. It's RAMPANT in the military and anyone who tries to tell you different is lying to your face. People from around the world are not as stupid as you gullible Americans, they can see the truth, I thank GOD for that.

What do you think they teach soldiers to do? After destroying for a period of time, the mind becomes numb, the proof is in the video. Now that video goes out over the net and no matter how you sugar coat it, those images leave a impression. The impression is that American soldiers are uncaring, evil, sadistic, and doomed to be slaughtered.

They placed a bullseye on their foreheads now. You can't just brush it off by saying it's just a "few bad apples". Some people are not stupid, they know better.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I have talked to friends and relatives that served in Iraw and Afghanistan and they surely didn't have any stories about throwing grenades at sheep.

Too bad I have a different story to tell. My friend came back from the first gulf war bragging about blowing camels up with missles.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by personal stalker
Many of these same videos have been floating around the web for some time now. Just like ANY group of people, there are a few losers to be found. We can only hope that the majority have a sense of honor, and will do the job to the best of their ability in a lawful manner.

We would hope, but did these men of honor stop their fellow soldiers from performing these acts? It's like I keep saying to cops. Until you start policing your own, don't think you are going to any sympathy from me when you are lumped in with these A-holes.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This sort of BS just leads to more war and conflict.

Civilians affected would also turn their backs on military personnel and the so called "terrorist" will never cease.

FOR EXAMPLE: collateral damage to homes or to ordinary civilians turn them into 'classified' soldiers. A lil kid whose family is accidentally killed due to conflict would see no hope of living..therefore he straps himself with explosives and creates another terrorist. Or he picks up a gun and fights the invaders. This is what happens everyday. The war will never stop.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by jbbmeh]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Are you trying to say that our image should not be tarnished, or wasn't tarnished before this video?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just for your information all of us were ordered y our chain of command to kill any and all dogs on the FOB. Including puppies. You think it's BS you probablly spent six years with the airforce or navy in the middle east and have no idea of what actually goes on in an actuall combat situation. And the fact that your getting so worked up about a puppy tells me and everybody else that you haven't seen anything in the middle east that would even come close to real combat. A puppy and some sheep! Come on give me a break! I'm glad you people don't see what really goes on over there other wise we would have another Vietnam reunion for our soldiers returning form combat. I don't even see you people getting this worked up over stuff that happens like this in our own country. Michael Vick was butchering puppies! And all he got was a slap on the wrist and that's it! But no a soldier throws a puppy and oh man! Let's hang that guy! He's the anti-christ! That's like saying because Michael Vick butchered puppies that all black people are crazy dangerous puppy butchers! Wake UP people! You know what's better than a bleeding heart Liberal? A bloody bleeding heart liberal!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ya know what I'm sorry ,that is disturbing but hardly the ugly truth you talk about..Have you ever seen videos or photos from kosovo or vietnam, korea, world wars 1& 2 I would hate to see how upset you would be at them!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I haven't "supported troops" since the Mei Lai MAssacre. And this war, this behavior is Viet nam on crack. The only sympathy I have for Viet Nam vets is that they were drafted, no choice. These troops are all enlisted, they chose to give their minds away. Since this war began it has been a series of one disgusting , shameful act of beligerence after another. The act of war on Iraq itself was an illegal, shameful act of mind numbing beligerence, what can you expect of the troops if their commander in chief is no better? And just remember, these "boys" (and girls) will be coming home..... how safe are we then? You think they are just going to come home and play nice? No, I think not.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That is nothing short of appalling!! Who in their right mind could be that cruel and heartless!?! They're not fighting for democracy, it seems to be a party for them. I am thoroughly sickened buy this!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People are people. Even those who are "good" most of the time, are not always. And those who are often "bad" can sometimes do great things. Any war is going to bring out both the best and worst in people. An unjust war, with screwed up rationale from the git-go is probably going to bring out the worst, more so than any.
The most heinous crimes here, as the OP stated, have been committed not by terrorists or soldiers, but by the ones who initiated the war in the first place.
Unfortunately it is not just one person who we can point to and say "its your fault", but its the whole government apparatus, not just ours but governments everywhere, whose power goes unchecked. One leader could not do what he does without the support of the rest.
I think the OP is right. Its going to take a lot of gritty reality to break thru the public's lack of rage.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This video doesn't say much about the parents of these young men. It's not just what the military teaches them. The foundation upon which the military has built is faulty.

Their parents should be deeply ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That's it? Ahahah! C'moon. Gimme a break. They are just having fun and games and try to enjoy themselves because they are simply bored. I don't see them slaughtering people with a blunt knife like muslim extremists do. I don't see them strapping bombs on themsleves and blowing up women and children in the market like extremist muslims do. I don't see them stone a raped women to death like muslims do.

This is so blown up out of proprtion that the video itself seems like a joke. Send them home because they are just making harmless pranks and stupid jokes?

Gimme a break, guys. These harmless childish pranks are NOTHING compared to what extremist muslims do to their own kind alone.

You people are so devoid of sense of humour that it's amuses me. Ahahahah..... "I like pork! I like pork! Ahaha that was funny as hell.
Ahahahah! "Do you like it in the ass?" Ahahahah!

YOu people should take a chill pill or something.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
We would hope, but did these men of honor stop their fellow soldiers from performing these acts? It's like I keep saying to cops. Until you start policing your own, don't think you are going to any sympathy from me when you are lumped in with these A-holes.

Annnndddd, once again, the military is painted with that broad brush commonly found on ATS.

Does anyone know if the troops were punished after this video surfaced???

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The grenade that was thrown at the sheep herder was a flash bang, he wouldn't have been injured by it, only stunned for a moment. Special Forces teams, Police Tactical Units, and Generally any military personell who are preforming raids on building will use them and have them at their disposal.

As for the others on the video, some people do some things that are not justifiable, but from the video it is impossible to tell if the people involved righted their wrongs. I.E., the soldiers in the truck taunting the children with water could have easily pulled over and handed out rations at a predestined location that they were enroute to, they may just have shut the camera off before they got there, or the video shown could just be a snippet shown for anti-war propaganda videos/reasons. But like I said, its impossible to tell from the video alone. The puppy thrower is getting whats coming to him however.

I think everyone is intitled to his/her own opinion but i dont think that calling our troops monsters for reasons that are not entirely disclosed to us is not right. They are all over there fighting a war that they may or may not support, its just their job. I dont support the war, i support my fellow Americans who are fighting and dieng for my country.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

For some strange reason, it's the white American soldier (not the black American soldier) who savors in taunting innocent civilians with disgusting un-moral behavior... thus causing a world wide
towards them... and ultimatley the
on American people.

Do you understand now??

No I don't. I see this as a immoral issue having nothing to do with genetics or race. In fact it never occured to me to make any distinctions for a common denominator among them other than they all were U.S. Soldiers. Above and beyond that I guess we could look at a lot of other things about them to see it THAT TOO has some "meaning".

Your attempt to make this a white guys in the military are bad so we should hate white people just because YOU have never seen any Blacks doing bad things has been noted. The thoughts and ideas behind everything you are suggesting, from coven being complicit in some conspiracy to cast aspersions on a specific race or people to your expecting others to "understand" it, makes no sense at all unless you got an axe to grind or are trying to make something out of it that it isn't.

This is about People, guy, what color they are makes no difference to me as I think that kind of thing says more about YOU than it does the reasons for why it happens.

Don't ask me "Understand now?" because that kind of crap has no understanding.

- Con

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

You people are so devoid of sense of humour that it's amuses me.
Ahahahah! "Do you like it in the ass?" Ahahahah!

YOu people should take a chill pill or something.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Macrotus]

Ok,, than you tell me,,

"Ahahahah..... "I like pork! I like pork! Ahaha that was funny as hell.

What's so funny about that? I don't get it? Why is that funny to you? They don't eat pork for religious reasons or what ever the reason, whether they even know what they are saying in english, I still am not amused, not even in the least. Whats the punch line? I'm not suggesting that this was so cruel that it can't be funny, I'm saying it just isn't funny, period, not even as a sick joke for those with a sick sense of humor.

Ya know what this is,,

pathetic and that's

ALL it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by scotty18

I would never imply that non-Americans only do bad things as a reaction to our bad actions. That of course would be ridiculous.

Here is what my take is. I am an American. I care MORE about what my countrymen do than I do what people from other countries do. We, (Americans) are responsible for our OWN actions. As individuals, and as a collective. I am very well aware that other people in other countries do some pretty horrible #. My first and primary responsibility as an American is to make sure MY country, MY politicians, and MY military dont do horrible #.

Didnt your mother ever throw the line at you that goes, "If all your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it as well?"

The same logic applies. In this specific debate, what "other people from other countries do" is irrelevant. Sure, we need to protect ourselves with appropriate measures from people anywhere who are dead set on harming us. Thats common sense.

What we DONT need to do is become monsters ourselves, or let our representatives become monsters. Period. We need zero tolerance for that sort of behavior. Dash cams on the military vehicles or some other type of reporting system that will not be susceptible to tampering by people covering up for their buddys and bosses. (I wish we could have that for the pols too)

I lived and worked as a civilian contract employee on an isolated and very controlled military installation for nearly 8 years. Lived with the military, ate with them, partied with them. One poster said that there are lots of good guys, and we shouldnt forget that. That is absolutely true. There are some really fantastic men and women in the military, but there is a fair number of sadistic jerks too. A slightly higher proportion that you would find in your average job, as people who want to abuse power are drawn to jobs that allow this possibility. (Cops, military, prison workers, etc.) Even on our highly monitored and closely scrutinized little island where everyone was either in the military or a contractor, (so there were no "bad guys") we had a fair number of incidents, particularly involving the MPs.

No matter how many good men and women we have in our armed forces, it is our responsibility to identify, and weed out the crazies and the sadists. Period. No matter what "other countries" do.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join