It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: The Ugly Truth...The Ugly American (Highly Disturbing)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

check this out...very disturbing
www.nesara.us...
spread the word,please

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00ner

I'm completely ashamed of my country after seeing that.
It's no wonder there are so many terrorist bombings and suicides with all this going on in their own backyard.
Their sons and daughters taunted, name called, beaten, bullied.
I thought the reason the troops were sent to Iraq was to take out Al Qaeda. All this is just senseless destruction and evil.
I felt physically sick after the first video, particularly the puppy part and also to read about the British troops.
I'm appauled.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

It might be an idea to start a seperate thread on that.
Good idea to stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

OUT OF IRAQ OUT OF IRAQ OUT OF IRAQ OUT OF IRAQ to infinity...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The only disturbing images I saw was the killing of the sheep and dog, the taunting are nothing worse than what you would find in the streets and if anything would just make the people think Americans are dicks, if this is what an actual war crime was then we should all sleep better in our beds. Unfortunately it isn't and there are probably worse things happening in your neighbourhood, if this crap upsets you (except for the animal murders, I find them atrocious) then please don’t ever watch videos of actual war crimes as you would probably die when you see the sick depravities of what human-kind is capable of, and the guys in those videos have probably witnessed a few disturbing scenes themselves.

I commented on the puppy thread and it was a comment by another user on there that made me think straight. The soldiers over there witness horrible acts, see their friends blown up, mutilated and killed and all on the whim of a government who couldn't give a # about them, it enough to # anybody up and although it's not an excuse it's enough to see why someone would create "entertainment" for themselves to lighten the mood and the situation of being thousands of miles away from home in a country that doesn’t want you there while at home the country you are fighting for seems to hate every move you make. I feel sorry for them and hope I'm never in the same situation.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There are morons in every walk of life, some real dumb ones record themselfs doing it...

Are all these clips from the same guy?

These are the actions of INDIVIDUALS, not the policy of a country...

The appropiate legal actions should be taken on those that commited crimes, esspicaily since there is very visual evidece of the acts.

This is war.

I have heard stories about 100x's worse then this from Vetinam vets.

Its a sad video to look at, but i don't know what the OP is calling for...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The only thing I can say about the video is that you cannot take those people as an example of the entire US military.

You can only view them in isolation -the same way that you can only view fundamentalists in isolation.

You cannot condem a whole group of people for the actions of a few.

There are dedicated, honest professional soldiers in Iraq who will lay down their lives to protect civilians from those who wish them harm. And the degenerates on this video desecrate everything those people will give their lives for.

The fact that non of them should be in Iraq is, really, a debate for another thread.

I will say this though - karma is a bitch. These people will, no doubt, get whats coming to them one way or another.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
There are morons in every walk of life, some real dumb ones record themselfs doing it...

Are all these clips from the same guy?

These are the actions of INDIVIDUALS, not the policy of a country...

The appropiate legal actions should be taken on those that commited crimes, esspicaily since there is very visual evidece of the acts.

This is war.

I have heard stories about 100x's worse then this from Vetinam vets.

Its a sad video to look at, but i don't know what the OP is calling for...

Well said.Our enemies are 100 times worse than we are.More good is done in Iraq and Afganistan and of course the TALIBAN and AL-QAEDA cant stand that.They know they will lose if they lose the MINDS and HEARTS of the people which they have in IRAQ for sure.Its only a matter of time before the people in Afganistan turn on them as well.Communism was a bigger threat in the 70s than it is today.Now radical Islam IN THEIR OWN WORDS have declared war on us.Not just our military but civilians as well.Thats fear propaganda and intimidation.Nothing more than bullies they are with guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

How about the appropriate action taken on Bush for invading a sovereign nation under false pretenses.

Yes America got rid of Suddam and his dictatorship is at an end but how is bush any different to Suddam?

That half brained idiot Bush is not only all for his 'day of victory' but is only to happy to send thousands of troops over to Iraq to get slaughtered in the name of democracy. Who gave Bush and other country Presidents and Prime Minsters the right to mutually agree to storm in and invade Iraq under the guise of freedom.

This war has already gone for longer than WW2, how much longer does it need to go for before they realize its useless. I think the puppet masters behind this atrocity should have their funds frozen and redistributed back to the US and the families in financial hardship.

All the money being made off the war is blood money but at least it could go back to the families that were effected by the war. Chances are this will never happen and the Financiers will hide in the dark or be the cogs in the machine that keeps the profits rolling.

Ending the rule of Saddam was celebrated by so many but the thing is when you compare Saddam to Bush, well Bush is an even worse threat than him.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

Our enemies are 100 times worse than we are.More good is done in Iraq and Afganistan and of course the TALIBAN and AL-QAEDA cant stand that.

More good, so do you intend to tell the families of the soldiers that got slaughtered for oil that they were honored to serve when they are begging to leave?

I wish you all the luck in the world with that one.

You obviously spend allot of time watching the news because your indoctrination level astounds me. The troops in Iraq are just as bad as what the Taliban are they both slaughter each other under the name of victory when none is ever achieved.

Maybe you believe that the Taliban and Osama blew up the twin towers because the American government would never lie....... oh please.

Uh America invaded Iraq under false pretenses so believe me America is the enemy and that wont change until they leave.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Classless. The verbal abuse can't hurt anybody(physically atleast). But the puppy incident, and the children running after the water, was just plain sick

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Look man, I'm not going to get into the troop bashing thing--War is an absolutely disgusting and sickening enterprise altogether that brings out the very worst in us as a human species. But the POLICIES that lay the groundwork for this type of barbaric and inhumane atrocities have got to end SOME TIME. We can not keep going on like this and expect to survive. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. It is time for everyone to wake up on all sides and change this. No more wars and occupations---PERIOD. Defend our borders and infrastructure from any foreign infiltration or threat, but stop this foreign invasions, occupations, and atrocities.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I was in absolute tears after watching this. When will we ever stop hurting each other and causing this endless suffering?

Sigh.

You were in tears
?

Then you really need to man up. What you see here is tame by "war standards".

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Those soldiers are sickening b******.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i reckon more needs to be done on exposing and distrubiting vids like this to the international community.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
has anyone here actually been to war?
i was a staff sgt with 4th ID and i was witness to this crap by soldiers, and unfortunatly nco and officers alike. the majority of the people in these videos are likely solders privats and up, its important to know that just like all wars before this one the enemy is portrayed in a negative racial light. japs, charlie, krauts, haji. when stressed however sometimes you take it out on the only people you can, but throwing flashbangs at sheep would get me knee deep in someones ass thats for damn sure. this attitude takes place in peace time too, like the philippines, and japan, korea. quite frankly people americans are prone to agress toward anyone different than themselves. i guess we can call our selves lucky that the troops arent raping little girls over there "yet". i agree though it is a shame.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
thats seriously sick in the head... who goes on a job to represent their country and acts like that...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I will say this though - karma is a bitch. These people will, no doubt, get whats coming to them one way or another.

I used to believe that but I just can't really justify that sort of thinking anymore because reality proves it false. I mean it is a comforting notion especially realizing the impotence we have in stopping most situations like this from ever occurring but the people that do these sort of things (and trust me there is always worse that we don't see) don't have any spiritual court deciding when and where they will be "served".

My brother was in the military during the Gulf war and told me of some of the photos soldiers were using as trading cards. Very vile, disturbing, and horrible photos. I asked him why didn't he take them and turn them in but he laughed and said he probably would have gotten accidentally shot.

Sadly I don't think anyone gets what they deserve, they just get away with what they can.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

I spent six years in the service was all over the middle east and I not only find it very hard to believe anyone in command would ORDER you to kill a puppy. Especially , as you suggest in your post their are only a couple.

- Con

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

My husbands unit was also told to kill the stray dogs. There were lots of them. They were told it was more humane to kill them than to see them starve. Of course, my husband didn't kill them. He and his team fed and adopted one. I have not seen the video, ( refuse to watch it) and I think what that soldier did was disgusting.

They were also told not to give mre's to the kids. However, that didn't stop my husband. He would throw them off the back of his track for the little kids who were hungry. He didn't tease or humiliate them and neither did his team.

There's always a bunch of bad people no matter where they are. But there are also good. It's too bad those few who are rotten give the good guys a bad name.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join