It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top level NASA research scientist regarding UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I congratulate you on making this contact, however, do you not think that too much is being read into Dr Browell's comments? OK he's a NASA employee, which is a rare contact no doubt, but he hasn't really added anything to the discussion. His responses to the questions seem generally what you'd expect from any scientist.

There was about a 10 second pause/silence after I stated that and then he said he agreed with me. He seemed open to the possibility that some UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin. He didn't have to say that but he did.

It suggests he has a typical scientists' open minded attitude to things he knows nothing about. He only agreed to the possibilities.

He said he never really researched the subject in any kind of serious in depth manner, but believes that it's quite possible that intelligent ET life exists and that it might be visiting Earth.

Again, an open-minded response to what might be possible.

I asked him if I could email him some information but he declined. He pointed out that the Moon revolves around with the Earth so that we only see one side of the Moon. I found that odd for him to say.

Maybe he couldn't think of anything better to say. After all, he admitted he'd never seriously considered the possiblity of ET. If he was actually dropping a hint of something more clandestine, it seems to me he took a terrible risk. This guy is obviously very experienced and an important member of NASA. It seems incredible to me that he would volunteer anything important to someone he'd met by phone only seconds earlier. Any such individual who felt the time had come for some form of disclosure wouldn't do it this way.

- - - he said there are many things in the Universe and in our Solar System which we don't fully understand.

Everyone agrees on that.

Frankly, I don't see how Dr Browell's comments have changed the status quo on any of the important issues. If you could get him to join the Forum, maybe that would change.

WG3

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
EXCELLENT post and research! This is interesting to me for the simple fact that he didnt have time to concoct some sort of "official" response, it was more of a stream of consciousness reaction. .

Forgive me if you already said this, but what was the last thing you said to him before he laid the dark side of the moon bomb on you? Can you provide some context?

Nice work!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They just preparing us for alien discloser nothing more nothing less.because when that happen no buddy get shocked

[edit on 13-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey Reality. S & F and tons of m&m's for you dude for taking the initiative to do that. Well, he didn't hang up on you, that's good, and I'm kind of surprised that he engaged in the conversation, even as minimal on his part as it was. And at least you didn't get.....

"NASA's stand is that they have no stand!"

And as far as not being willing to give out his phone #, I don't blame you one bit and you are certainly not discouraging others to do this on their own. I think that you see what needs to be done and you go for it and you're not afraid to make those kind of calls, you've demonstrated this in the past.

So, good job, thanks for bringing that here. I'm looking forward to visiting your need2know site when it is up and running.

Rush

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

He was throwing you a bread crumb.
The aliens are on the moon.
The aliens are on the Earth.
They have been here longer than adam and eve.
Seek the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Next time you see him, ask what he thinks about Phobos being more
than just a moon for Mars.
I think Phobos is just a rock taken from the asteroid belt and
"placed" in orbit around Mars.
There is a spacestation inside of Phobos.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Hello ufo reality great post-- Your approach was very forthright with Mr. Browell that is probably the reason he opened up the way he did with you and that was a point in your favor in your brief interview. The intriguing part is the MOON hint. Scientist of his calibre sometimes use these tactics to get away from long explanatory discussions to either divert or mislead inquisitive actions by some. Still you did the right thing in not pushing for more even though "he did tell you much by saying so little".
Star & Flag

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think the man is extremely intelligent and gracious.

I think his moon statement was meant to admit that even objects in close proximity to earth are mysterious. Until we sent spacecraft to observe the dark side of the moon, anything was possible, even if we had no reason to suspect that the dark side of the moon was anything more than just more of the same thing roughly. Who can really say about objects that we don't yet know exist?

Once you laid out your beliefs, he was really up against a wall, because he's talking on the phone to a stranger who has set of beliefs about which no one is quite certain.

Sure, there's no evidence that aliens have visited the earth, but maybe they have. Like with the dark side of the moon, no one will really know until some incontrovertible evidence is found.

As for your interviewee, it wasn't in his best interest to challenge your beliefs.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Lucky I've got my tin foil hat on! I've never heard any suggestion about Phobos. I'd like to hear more.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I am conflicted on this.

On one hand, I hear Tyler Durden saying "You are polishing brass on the Titanic. Don't waste your time reading this." Watch The Disclosure Project - it is game over on the alien question. Its time to grow up and quit wondering if that strange light was . . . whatever.

On the other hand, if direct questioning like yours of NASA, JPL or whomever could annoy those persons enough, they might band together and force their higher ups to disclose the truth sooner (since this one is inevitable).

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Sooo...

You somehow got an interview with this guy and somehow don't have any recordings of his statemennts?

Hmmmm, in that case I could say that I met Neil Armstrong and said that he saw a dinosaur on the moon and it would hold as much water as your statement. You know people CAN'T LIE, right?

Also what's the big deal about his statemsnts? He said he believes. A man that believes something doesn't prove it's a fact. For example the Pope believes in an imaginary friend who punish people in eternal hell for not believing in him but does that prove it's a fact?

NNNOOOPE......

Uhhhhhh.... people will uselessly flag and star ANYTHING in ATS nowadays in their fruitless effort to somehow justify what nonsense they believe.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

Can you prove to me that you ate lunch today? Unless you took pictures or video with a time stamp, probably not. And even if you did, who's to say that the evidence you provided is legit?

I would argue that posts such as the OPs are the very nature of this site - to present ALL of the evidence for various topics, including the fantastic and hard to believe, and allow the users to make thought-out conclusions of their own based on the evidence presented.

That being said, the OP has been around a while longer than you have, and has amassed a good sum of points for contributing to the discussions on this site. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe what he says to be accurate.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
From reading your post it seems to me as if he didn't really feel comfortable talking about it with you. Not because he was trying to hide anything but maybe because he is tired of talking about the subject or maybe thinks you are nuts. I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying I feel like thats the general gist of what he was feeling, in my opinion. And I think you probably lost his respect when you mentioned the "face on mars" hence the short conversation. The reason I think this is because he declined an email from you. Generally, when someone is trying to sell me something and I decline buying it, it means I'm not interested.

Your comment seem to be heavily projecting your own feelings. For somebody who does not want to talk he said a lot. Cutting him short on the e-mail request is very understandable. E-mail is the most unreliable commucation device with which anyone is able to compromise you. And e-mail addresses are passed along. Send someone a e-mail with compromising data and you are threatening his position. The more valuable you position is, the more vulnerable you are. Everything you is traceble, while a simple conversation is easy to deny or turn around.

I would have done the same when I would work for that company.

And he wasn't trying to sell anything, he was asking a question. It would have been easy to say, "There is no evidence supporting your theories, as fas as I know". End of talk.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hey, good stuff ufo reality

I don't know if you should read too deep into his comments but it's ALWAYS nice to see someone who's a scientist actually give an open-minded answer like that as opposed to rolling their eyes and openly pitying you.

Wish this was the case more often.

Originally posted by Macrotus
Uhhhhhh.... people will uselessly flag and star ANYTHING in ATS nowadays in their fruitless effort to somehow justify what nonsense they believe.

Yeah - and others will uselessly make comments like that so their own fruitless personal opinion can feel that much more valid.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's the opinion of a man who kinda knows what he's talking about and just happens to work for NASA. His opinions are not necessarily NASA's.

It does more to remind us that NASA employees are just normal people who want to live their lives in the best way they can. Honestly, you can't really blame NASA for certain choices that they've made (not all cases). Just like any other group of people.

I really want disclosure too but when you think about the decisions they've had to make over the years, you realise that some of them are for good reasons. Imagine being part of a team that has to decide on something that could effect the rest of the human race forever? You're not going to just jump out there and go "HEY GUYS THEY'RE HERE". Doing so would be extremely selfish when taking -everything- (because it will effect -everything-) into account.

So often we think that we can do a better job than someone else if we were in their position.

Delusions are hard to get around sometimes.

* Good work, ufo reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He did say that all the opinions he talked about were his own and not from NASA. I have been here on ATS for a long time. I am in this for the truth. I would no more make up some BS. Any of you are more than welcome to send me a U2U and I will forward you my home phone number so we could talk about this. I have nothing to hide, and nothing to gain from posting BS. I didn't want to push my luck with this guy. I wanted to shy away from the conspiracy theories and just ask broad questions which kinda forced him to open up rather than drill him like a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That moon comment sounds like a metaphor or a hint to something he couldn't speak directly of but referring to the UFO phenomena.

If we apply that metaphor to our quest for truth about UFOs that means we're missing something... we're not seeing the whole picture.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pompano

the moon i think revolves around the earth so that we can only see one side is because something is watching us from there, and we cannot see it since its on the dark side of the moon.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
That moon comment sounds like a metaphor or a hint to something he couldn't speak directly of but referring to the UFO phenomena.

If we apply that metaphor to our quest for truth about UFOs that means we're missing something... we're not seeing the whole picture.

I agree but I doubt we will ever see the whole picture to be honest. I cant explain why he would drop the moon thing into the topic, it doesnt make sense. I dont think he was trying to drop hints as such. He may have been empahsising the point that there are many things we dont understand because we cant see it ?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Yes it just came out of the blue. I found it interesting as well...

Why he would have said that is because things happen on the other side.

I don't know what rocket launch it was, Sorry for my forgetting,
But it told of how each time it was to rotate around the moon, to the unseen side, and whenever they got to that side the audio recording detailing back to the Nasa headquarters would not work, so each time they had to turn on a tape recorder when travelling around that side.

What was on the tape were the men who were piloting the craft,
having usual conversations and whatnot.

Until they all started to hear music. Singing, no less.
it sounded 'Churchy'. Like how they sing the hymns and whatnot,
in that kind of fashion.

Sorry that I actually haven't posted the data which I read this off,
but there is something on youtube detailing of this event & also has the wording transcripts which are quite eye-opening.

They all heard it clearly and distinctively each time they were to pass around the other side of the moon.

And also, it wouldn't surprise me if all the structures which have been found on the Moon are all on the 'other' side.

Even tho there is a great chance of us not noticing anything abnormal on the surface of our Moon, the Extra Terrestrials, like we all know, like to be shadowed in secrecy.

So it doesn't surprise me that they'd be doing many things on the unseen side.

Let's hope not for too much longer

[edit on 14-6-2008 by NightDweller]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join