It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top level NASA research scientist regarding UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just spoke with Dr. Edward V. Browell who has a 31-year career as a research scientist at NASA and works at the NASA Langley Research Center. Mr. Browell is an awarded Fellow of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) and is only the second current Langley employee to be awarded that honor.

www.nasa.gov...

I ask him about his views on the UFO phenomena. I told him first that I personally believe that most UFO sightings from the 1940's to the present are misidentified atmospheric and space phenomena, hoaxes, regular aircraft, and top secret military aircraft, while approx 10-20% of UFOs sightings remain unidentified and seem to defy our current laws of physics and show signs of possessing a level of technology far beyond anything we humans are capable of producing. I told him I think NASA should be more open with the public regarding UFOs and do more research on the subject and inform the public of the full truth.

There was about a 10 second pause/silence after I stated that and then he said he agreed with me. He seemed open to the possibility that some UFOs are of Extraterrestrial origin. He didn't have to say that but he did. He said he never really researched the subject in any kind of serious in depth manner, but believes that it's quite possible that intelligent ET life exists and that it might be visiting Earth. I asked him if I could email him some information but he declined. He pointed out that the Moon revolves around with the Earth so that we only see one side of the Moon. I found that odd for him to say. I asked him about the face on Mars if he thought it might be an ancient alien artifact and he said there are many things in the Universe and in our Solar System which we don't fully understand.

All in all it was a nice short conversation and I thanked him for taking the time to speak with me.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Nice work good post. The moon comment is very interesting. How did it come up? Did he just say that out of the blue.....if so I find that extremely interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes it just came out of the blue. I found it interesting as well...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
good stuff.
you should have asked him if he knew what was on the other side of the moon.

no like anyone from NASA is just going to come out and say it, but would be worth a try lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Excellent job as always! May I ask how you were able to contact him? How did you get his number? And I'm also curious about the moon comment he made.

Star and flag from me!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Yes it just came out of the blue. I found it interesting as well...

It seems as if he was dropping a hint without actully "releasing" information which may get him in trouble. Like he wants to share but can't?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I believe that we are on the eve of disclosure. We have been saturated to the point that when it happens instead of the "OMG OMG OMG" it will be more like "COooooool!"

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
From reading your post it seems to me as if he didn't really feel comfortable talking about it with you. Not because he was trying to hide anything but maybe because he is tired of talking about the subject or maybe thinks you are nuts. I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying I feel like thats the general gist of what he was feeling, in my opinion. And I think you probably lost his respect when you mentioned the "face on mars" hence the short conversation. The reason I think this is because he declined an email from you. Generally, when someone is trying to sell me something and I decline buying it, it means I'm not interested.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thank you for putting yourself out on the line to bring us this interesting piece of information.

NASA is so compartmentalized and if it is not his forte, I can understand why he would have answered the way he did.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I must admit I`ve become a bit skeptical after researching project blue beam....but, what do I know.

Interesting discussion though.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Photos of the "dark" side of the moon from the soviet mission in 1959, Luna 3

I'm not familiar with any moon conspiracies centering around the far-side of the moon. Since 41% of the moon is never seen by earthlings could the NASA research scientist be hinting there are bases or outposts there?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I too didn't feel like he was completely comfortable talking to me about the subject. But after I briefly told him about my background, and interest in the subject he seemed to warm up to me.

I found his number by doing some research. I don't suggest any of you try to call him. I don't want to spook him out. I want to keep him as a private contact. I'm sure you can understand.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I also forgot to thank you for putting yourself on the line to engage a conversation with him.
Hey, any info is better than none.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
congrats on getting the opportunity to speak to nasa personel. i know in the heat of the moment you had to say whatever came to mind..is there anything you think you would say differently now that you've had time to reflect?

in my personal opinion, i would have just closed the convo a little differently, by saying "you know, its become very noticeable around the globe that many retired military from various countries as well as pilots and air traffic control personal as well as nasa officials are coming forward with compeling testimonials to the UFO phenomena and the validity of such events! do you feel these individuals are missleading the public after working 30+ years as a professional? do you see yourself doing something like this as well?"

maybe the last questions could be refrased as a closed ended statement.
such as, "and perhaps you too one day may have information that you would like to share to the public once your ties are no longer there"

but again thanks for sharing

[edit on 03/06/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I did tell him how high level military people have seen UFOs and they've been tracked on radar and he agreed with me. He also agreed that there is enough substantial evidence to garner further investigation.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Star for you for taking the time like that to talk to an actually CREDIBLE source...As for his comments i dont think he was disclosing anything, but rather as Mad Hatter suggested probably just didnt feel comfortable having a UFO/ALIEN discussion w/ someone he doesnt know that well...but kudos for taking the time to ask the hard questions

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good work on your part for taking the initiative there. Its too bad its such a touchy subject for some so close to that field to get any more info - but you did good regardless if you didnt get the answers you were looking for. Anyways , this is my "Adda Boy" to you.
. Keep it up man. Looking forward to your show.

spikeD.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks SpikedMild!

For those on ATS who don't already know, I will be co-hosting an internet radio talk show which starts in July. Stay tuned for more updates, but in the mean time please check out our web site!

www.need2knowradio.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I don't suggest any of you try to call him. I don't want to spook him out.

Good work on finding him and contacting him. However, your statement above smacks of arrogance. It's a free world, so should other people wish to contact him, then they can do so.

I suggest that if others wish to speak with him, that they have something intelligent to offer him.

I want to keep him as a private contact. I'm sure you can understand.

He's not a possession for you to privately keep. If you wanted to keep your contact with him private, then why did you post the details on a public forum?

Furthermore, he declined you sending him emails, so who's to say that he wants to keep you as a private contact?

Again, well done for the information you were able to gather.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You're taking that hard. If anyone would like to search for his phone number and call him of course that's up to you. I'm not demanding that you do not, I'm just stating my opinion. No big deal. Peace...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join