It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain, weird 'Masonic' handshake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Okay, so it is possibly a Naval Aviator handshake, or maybe a POW handshake.

I will disagree with anyone who thinks that the grip is normal. I will not disagree that the other man initiated it, but of course he would if he was trying to let know John McCain who he was. McCain would have to know who the gentleman was in order to initiate the handshake himself.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seems normal to me, the man just wanted McCain attention because he wanted to say something.

If that is a masonic handshake than I must be a mason because most of my friends and I use that handshake

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
no importance what secret group that handshake belongs to or even if it is a special handshake or not. People who runs for president is probably members of a secret society. If not? With similar mindset and desires(wealth,power etc..) moving in those "circles of friends it would not take long time before you are recruited into one.

The politic system is corrupt. Worldwide. Do not give your energy to it

turn to your.self.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If you look at the origins of the Masons, you will find that they originated from the Knights Templar. This was a group from France who set up their organisation in Scotland - the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. The plans of Freemasonry include a single world government that implements 'Zero Population Growth'. If you think about how this would be achieved, you will come to a horrible conclusion about how life would HAVE TO BE CHANGED. This includes compulsory euthanasia amongst other things that deprive people of any rights.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

This is not true or accurate...Im a member of the Free-Masons and a member of the Holy Royal Arch Masons...these are not our handshakes

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is obvious that our "bailout" plan had Masonic symbolism written into it.
Investigate a wooden arrow company in Oregon and you will find the owner being a Mason. To name a couple...In Masonic symbolism the arrow represents "move forward swiftly" and wool represents "pull the wool over the eyes" (see the portrait symbolism of the Wandering Jew).
I haven't had time to investigate all...but..the majority of those that voted in the bill have Masonic ties. Governor Palin also has Eastern Star written all over her

I'm not saying the bill is bad here I'm simply giving you my opinion of what really drives many decisions made in Washington. American majority and U.S. Mainstreet have nothing to do with it. "Nothing new under the sun."

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

I have noticed in recent commericals that McCain is shaking hands with a congressman. The congressman has his right hand extended to shake hands McCain extends his left hand but instead of shaking hands his full hand goes over the top of the other person. Is this considered the five points of fellowship? Masonic

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cdoug1

Uh, actually, NO it is not a Masonic Handshake. The person above me here erroneously stated that it is a Tubulcain or a Mahabone. First of all, we Masons do not actually "say" that, or "think" that when we shake hands. Secondly, and apparently it's no 'real' secret because apparently you can find these things on the internet now, Mahabone is the WORD that is spoken when shaking hands, not the name of the handshake itself, and THAT particular handshake is only given in a certain "mode"...which neither McCain nor the other person were "in" at the time.
I must admit however, there seems to be a lot of negative publicity about Masons, or Masonic origins in general. Especially with the types of people who believe in Conspiracy Theories. Listen, there is as much truth in those lies as there is in U.F.O. sightings and Crop Circles. It's make-believe. What's really sad is that the greater majority of the people spreading the lies are people who have absolutely no personal experience in the subject. If you want to know about the Masons...ask a Mason, he'll tell you the truth. Or better yet, go to your nearest Masonic Lodge and ask how you can join.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
No I know that grip, and its not masonic.

Thanks for the link. I see the man in a whole new light. A man of peace.

Yea... YEA stroke that ego!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Ya but that being said I am pretty sure people who are not strong in math with be yelling about "secret math!" or "thats an equation only 33degree mathimaticians know!"

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah, after watching that video I can say that it is no kind of Masonic handshake. Furthermore, I would say that if a Mason did give someone a secret handshake, you wouldn't notice. They're subtle. that's what makes it 'secret'.

and before people complain, yes, I am a Mason

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not a masonic handshake.

Honestly, I've never given a handshake outside of a lodge, and if I was I probably wouldn't even notice it. Its easy enough to accidently do and frankly I'm fairly oblivious to it unless I am looking for it directly. I guess someone could have given it to me and I just ignored it, but in every case I've seen masons identify themselves outside the lodge by asking:

"Are you a mason?"

It really is just that simple.

Further, there is no reason why masons would deny a legitimate masonic handshake. Masons would be thrilled to have a (now ex) presidential candidate as a member, as there are no masons that have any amount of national power currently alive.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

A Masonic hand shake was givin in this video clip but not by the man everyone is talking about. You all need to watch the video again and see who is giving the masonic grip. We do not say anything when we give the grip.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

that is actually a handshake belonging to a my greek fraternity, though I'm not going to tell you who we are, cuz that'd just be dumb...

and part of the shake is just a cover for the important part of his grip...
a lot of us do this when we're in public to throw people off of the significance of the handshake...

that is definitely not a masonic shake btw... the grip is in not even close to being proper.

keep in mind guys, we don't release our grips to the public for reasons, and anything you might see online, is 90% speculation and 2% broken vows, and 3% intentional misdirection...

we take an oath not to print paint stamp stain cut carve mark engrave or in any way communicate the secrets that we observe as masons.

and in order to protect those secrets, just like in my greek fraternity, we sometimes must send some intentional misdirection, so others won't take advantage of our wonderful organization.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know who has been replying to the idea tha this exchange was masonic but I have to disagree. This exchange did not appear to be masonic at all. In fact I just read an article stating that John McCain is not even a mason. As for the microscopic pin on the individual's lapel....come on guys, it could be anything. Don't get caught up in this conspiracy theory that masons plot to take over the world, OK?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
masonic, or not - this was one ugly handshake.
ain't that childish to have 'secret' handshakes in the first place?
do you think the ruling elite cares about how they shake hands???

please.... spare me the details...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

That grip was unusual, but didn't appear to be masonic, or to fit the "learned" descriptions from some of the other posters. I love how some non-masons like to be authorities on masonic matters. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow, interesting thread. Thanks Doc for posting that video.

So McCain has done a masonic handshake and in other pics, Obama has done the horned owl.

How stupid do they (the people behind these hand signals) think we are? explicitly lying about blatantly weird things in a pathetic attempt to explain away the obvious is the tradition of our politicians and the masons. which is no suprise given the considerable overlap between those two groups.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by hellokello]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join