It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's winning, the good guys or the bad guys?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I for one, only worry about myself, not what the other guys are doing, be they good or bad.

Since you are not offering a definition of what good or bad is, there is only one choice, and that is to follow your own heart.

The only winner or loser can be yourself with the way you asked the question, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Good Guys!

I consider myself and mine good guys and also consider us to be winning.

It's important to distinguish between "nice guys" and "good guys" though, because as we all know, nice guys finish last!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm of the perception that everyone is winning.

At least, until the 'Good guys' decide to go hunt down the 'Bad Guys'.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
I'm of the perception that everyone is winning.

At least, until the 'Good guys' decide to go hunt down the 'Bad Guys'.

Some nice responses in this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
According to the teachings & scriptures of Mr. Hollywood, the good guys always win in the end, but until then it always appears as if the bad guys are winning.

and yet, how often do things in life really turn out like they do in the movies? and in how many movies does the bad buy get away only to live in a sequel?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
but all in all, whose definitions and perspective of good and bad are we using here, right? betcha the bad guys think they're good and the good guys think they're good...kinda like that thing where god is on everybody's side in a way, eh?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Beyond all the moral relativism, here´s my argument for the good side:

Debate Forum: The world is getting better

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

I really love that answer Paul. But what about "as above so below". What is your take on that?

reply to post by Skyfloating

Hollywood 102, the good guys are usually outsiders or outcasts and the bad guys are usually popular and have a lot of supporters.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Same question like to Skyfloating and budski, what about your own, who do you think is winning, the good guys or the bad guys.

reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Oh, that is so true Anti-Tyrant. In fact that is my answer if the thread is about nwo conspiracy or exopolitics.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Im still waiting on what you think.

Who´s winning?

And what is the purpose of the game?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

If it's about the current world affair then I'm with Anti-Tyrant.

Spiritually, it's rather a false question, I'm more in line with mlmijyd, and (my) life goes up and down. In fact if I change the question to "which one is winning the good or the bad", then the answer will be more obvious, since we will never want the alternative.

And what is the purpose of the game?

I don't understand, what game are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've heard people say straight up that they know the middle class is failing and that they are trying to get into the upper class before it does. These aren't ATSers saying this, these are people in every day life. These people aren't anywhere near the upper class and have nothing to offer the upper class. It's something else. I'll say nobody is winning. We're all eating eachother. It's all see who can swim faster before the sharks eat us. The world is nothing but a slow death. Some swim faster than others, but the shark keeps getting bigger and faster. F those who have that mindset of screwing others over (usually including their grandma and cousins) to get ahead.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Unfortunately you're right Novise, I see that happening in several part of the world.
What about your signature Novise, are you going to do something or are you going to wait? Myself, I'm just gonna wait.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think about it every day. My basic answer is to simply offer kindness and understanding to everyone I/you meet. Beyond that I really have nothing. But I believe that in these times, kindness and friendship (temporary or long term) is the only personal dignity we have left. Overall answer, it's a return to personal liberty and nature simultaneously. I can't tell anyone what to do, but I hope they choose the side of nature over money. Above all, I have no right to tell anyone what to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

By "game" I meant not your game, but the game of life.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In the eyes of millions the good guys are clearly winning but in the eyes of us, who can see beyond newspapers and disinfo the bad guys are miles ahead. The thing is the good guy/bad guy things doesnt really work here because imo the "good guys" that the public are suckered into believing are the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good guys only win in the movies.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlCaponed

No, they win in real life too.

You just don't know about the bad side to them.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

There is only a bad side to some of the "good guys"

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
At this moment I think the bad guys are winning..The good guys will prevail eventually...but, like someone else mentioned...the next group of thieves takes shape and then takes over..I think it's a continual process...Love of money..Take Halliburton(?) for example,..they make (steal) more money than many countries are worth...Since the 60's company's like "that" have to much power over government....feel comfortable now sheeple...but, the **** will hit the fan soon...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join