It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's winning, the good guys or the bad guys?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You mean my view on life?
Life is about manifesting love in multidimensional (diverse) ways. And I take life very seriously.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
To assume one is a "good" or "bad" guy would show ignorance.

We are all capable of both, it depends on the point of view!

So the answer will ALWAYS be "I" am winning.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
"Who's winning, the good guys or the bad guys?"

what if they're all complete dribbling morons?makes no difference who the captain is when the ship sinks.

from peons to presidents to popes,the vast majority of humanity are lucky to cobble together enough brain cells to continue breathing unassisted imo.all i see is vast hordes of drooling neanderthals scrabbling over an ever dwindling supply of dinosaur bones.

a thought experiment - what happens when you spend 0.05% gdp globally on space exploration,while reproducing at an exponential rate?

i guess we'll find out soon enough

*ats denizens are an enlightened bunch so this rant is obviously not aimed at the few of us who can see what's happening

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
According to the teachings & scriptures of Mr. Hollywood, the good guys always win in the end, but until then it always appears as if the bad guys are winning.
Nah, according to the teachings of Jake Kasdan, screenwriter & director of Zero Effect

There aren't evil guys and innocent guys. It's just... It's just... It's just a bunch of guys.
Black & white labeling is seldom productive.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
All right 8 months later, a lot of things have change. I'm offering this thread again. Who's winning now?

My take on the current situation.
The bad guys are getting more brazen, they see people do not dare to stand up against them, they realize now that they're untouchable and more empowered and can get away with lots of things, especially when they do things behind everyone's back.

So, I believe this round goes to the bad guys. Too bad, just too bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

So, I believe this round goes to the bad guys. Too bad, just too bad.

piling up the points while the slugger backs into the corner doesn't work out all that well for the dancer when there's no ref..heh

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There isn't good or bad, winning or losing, none of that really matters. Existence recognizes none of that, those are things we humans have labeled and put great importance on. But I suppose those things are our nature as well. Right now, I view the current state of things in a positive light. Yes, there is a trend of coldness and apathy going around in the world, but that is ok, nothing is permanent, it will pass. But I still see compassion in the world too, that alone is always good for humanity.

What I mainly see is an awakening happening in both the spiritual and physical sense. People are no longer getting fooled by the politicians game, and are no longer fooled by the scam of organized religion, they are becoming more aware of what's around them, so the smoke and mirrors that was either created for the people to remain ignorant of their true freedom or was created themselves (or both) is being realized. Maybe the best thing to describe what I see and feel is similar to when you are about to wake from a dream, you're still in the dream, but you flicker awake in bits, until finally, you awake. We will wake up, and when that happens people will finally see that paradise is here to live in rather than something that is waiting for us in death.

We're going to be ok.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

$50 trillion in global wealth vanished in the blink of the eye.

I'd say financially the parasites are winning.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by Jazzyguy

$50 trillion in global wealth vanished in the blink of the eye.

I'd say financially the parasites are winning.

vanished,or was shoved under the shell that everyone is looking at?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?

And what's winning and what's losing?

Neil Young sang

See the losers in the best bars
See the winners in the dives

He had a point.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The bad guys seem to be winning, but soon they will kill themselvs... along with the good guys.

But all that really matters is if you have found the good inside of you and can see the good in others.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When you apply game theory to evolutionary strategy, it isn't the good guys or the bad guys that finish first - the real winners are the retaliators, the do-as-you-would-be-done-by guys. This was first shown by a guy called John Maynard Smith. More on this here, but I warn you, it's complicated.

This gamer's page may help a bit; scroll about halfway down.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

[
What about according to yourself? What do you think is happening?
Especially right now!!!

If I say "I think the bad guys win" it would be a bit like endorsing that. So, no matter if its true or not I tend to say "the good guys win" as a method to strengthen good guys back.

When is it time to acknowledge reality and do something about it? When they march you into the gas chambers? You are condoning lying to oneself. Alas, the bad guys would prefer that you sit in your dwelling high on your imaginations. That is much better to marching in the streets. The latter takes balls; something that life demands for survival... and survival is everything.

The bad guys win the vast majority of the time. Do you see society RACING towards enlightenment and peace??? Humans are retarded emotionally. We're the trash of the solar system... if not the galaxy. That's why no one visits us.

Humans are doomed. That's why people cry out for a God; because things are always just so wrong and their is no hope in mankind; only in an idea that at least sedates the primates and lets them tend to their selfish needs in blissful ignorance while the bad guys and gals rape us repeatedly.

And sitting around believing fairy tales while the world goes to hell only makes you an enabler... an accessory to the crime. It also makes you soft and weak.

This is the Truth. Face it and do not look away. If it doesn't hurt, then you still aren't looking at it.

I wasn't trying to attack you personally, only ideologically.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by TheSingularity]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan
piling up the points while the slugger backs into the corner doesn't work out all that well for the dancer when there's no ref..heh

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by TheSingularity

[
What about according to yourself? What do you think is happening?
Especially right now!!!

If I say "I think the bad guys win" it would be a bit like endorsing that. So, no matter if its true or not I tend to say "the good guys win" as a method to strengthen good guys back.

When is it time to acknowledge reality and do something about it? When they march you into the gas chambers? You are condoning lying to oneself. Alas, the bad guys would prefer that you sit in your dwelling high on your imaginations. That is much better to marching in the streets. The latter takes balls; something that life demands for survival... and survival is everything.

I can't speak for Skyfloating behalf, but here's my own view.
Things can get better (although not necessarily will), but usually there are a bunch of people who are working very hard for it. And these people, they don't think the world is in good shape, they don't think the world is getting better, hence.. they try to make it better and are doing something about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Currently on the surface, its the wrong guys winning, but thats because the citizens don't know the game, and it hasn't impacted many of them yet....but it will. We're going to win this one completely, with or without help, but there may be many steps and stages, until this planet is freed.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
with or without help

From whom exactly do you mean? God, ETs?

until this planet is freed.

Your theory on this please, do you think this planet is some sort of prison?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Definately ets. And we are prisoners here of the Enki/renegade group that messed with our dna and created a race to use completely as slaves, and warriors to fight their dirty wars, that they set up on all sides, and so forth and so on. The problem with the rescue and those who want to deal with the renegades is that we as a race are so amibquous and easily misled. If we were white or black in our orientations, instead of sleeping greys who nonetheless have potential, they could do their moves quickly, instead of this long drawn out plan. But, even in democracies, we are led by the nose and vote in the bloodline taskmasters who continue their reign of terror on our planet, where millions of innocent children die all the time. We are currently by many et races painted by the same brush as the leaders and treated as willing slaves. But, this will end soon, we will make choices and this world will be free.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
But, this will end soon

How did you know it will end soon? And how soon?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A good guy just won at DAYTONA

congradulations MATT----------enjoy

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join