It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to End Campaign, Launches New Effort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The new phase of the revolution officially begins with a speech tonight in Houston and a Web video to be posted on his site, officially ending Paul's presidential campaign and freeing up the more than $4.7 million in campaign cash for investment in a new advocacy group, The Campaign for Liberty.

Source

Be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Kdial1

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've got $500 bazillion on half the people on this site jumping off bridges right this second.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! We were soooooo close to the White House!!!!!!!
-End of sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

That's sad, but I think more realistic than going for the White House. He's got some great ideas and I love the Libertarian mindset, but realistically, he wasn't going to get close. I think he can do a lot better in this new venture.

Go Ron!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Everyone might as well get used to another Wall Street administration, carrying on right where Heir Bush leaves off.

Another four years of death and destruction, courtesy of our One-Party system, The Profit-Party.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FewWorldOrder
The Profit-Party.

That's great!! This will be better for Dr. Paul. America will eventually come to it's sense's and see what the majority of his supporters see, just takes time. Maybe this depression will wake people up as it gets worse, exposing the corruption of politics that is really run by corporations/lobbyists

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that the same media that was inferring that he was no longer running months ago. Is now running stories about Paul ending his campaign tonight..

I think history will be kind to Ron Paul.
A Campaign for Liberty should be a reminder of what the citizens of the US should strive for. More personal freedoms, less government meddling (internally and externally).

We aren't supposed to fear our government. Yet we do.

If we continue that path that we are headed, we will be nothing more than puppies in a kennel, waiting for the next bowl of kibble to be delivered. Trained to roll over for every bureaucratic biscuit. woof.
(analogy provided especially for BH
)

Ron Paul...the wake up call!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think this organization he is starting is a GREAT idea! He can run it independent of the federal government, and he doesn't need the media to create exposure for it. The organization will be focused on the local level and using other forms of "advertising", so to speak, to create exposure.

I think this organization will do alot of good in educating people on more liberty supporting policies rather than the corporate war driven policy that has taken over this country.

It is sad that he did not win the nomination, but that was apparent before the campaign even started. Lets hope this organization can accomplish alot. I personally will be keeping up with it and doing everything I can to promote it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul seemed to be a collie amongst wolves. In a more peaceful world he might have been accepted more. It would be interesting if we could ever have a real independant candidate. The label of a republican didn't seem to be kind to him. When and who was the last independant to ever win? I'm sure we haven't heard the last from him.

new topics

top topics

join