It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The What U KNO Middle East Peace Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
OK, how about start out with an Israeli-Palestinian re-union party, the biggest in the world.

and im SURE that something like that will be entirely peaceful... no one will bring weapons, fight, or explode bombs at the party.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TornPages

Well if both sides were invited under the pretense of a peacefull celebration anyone that did engage in hostile activity would be looked upon by all sides with great shame.

I mean I am certan there would be those that would be against this idea but many many more people would be in favor of such a plan and as such they would be the glue that held the idea together. Those out on the fringe that cannot let go of the animosoty towards the other side would be left alone and shunned by those that are sick of the conflict.

What I am proposing TornPages is something historical. Something magnificent and completely free for everyone to partake in. Israel will be the epicenter for the new revolution of peace and harmony even amongst the most devided people in the world. And what will do it is a gathering of people in the good faith effort to have fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Have a couple of NASCAR races in Tehran. That should do it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by animal63

Not exactly sure creating middle eastern rednecks would solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Never been to one I presume?
Well,its a must see. The alcohol.The food.The party.The Sex.
Sounds to me thats what this thread was looking for in the first place.
You never see the world again as you saw it before a 4 day stay at the races. Never. Maybe the world could use a few middle eastern REDNECKS

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There will Never Be Peace in the Middle East until GOD Says So..They have been fighting Since the Old Testament. So what makes them think that they can talk and say..'OK lets stop fighting!?!. " What the Monkey!"

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I blame extreme leaders...those are the major bummers who hoard donations for their own agendas and drive their communities to poverty and poor social situations
thus getting them all riled up and violent...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I agree....don't forget....after all it is the Holy Land and there is enough unholiness going on there...I don't think that this is what God is looking for. Maybe they should all do the Horah or something on the beach...wait.... they do...every saturday morning...perfect.... Horah and ice pops...good clean fun......
But when the party is over everyone goes back to their core belief which is that God gave them the land and it is rightfully theirs. Too bad we can't just ask..."who's is it?".
If anyone can solve this piece of the puzzle maybe we can get some peace going on in the region.
Right now the most of the leaders on the Palestinian/Muslim side are quite observant of their religion (and send their willing young "soldiers" over the borders on "suicide" missions) while most of the leaders on the Israeli/Jewish side are not really observant of their religion (and protect their borders with young soldiers who would rather be backpacking in India...army service after high-school is mandatory). Just something to think about....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by animal63

In fact I am going to one this weekend, I am going there working concessions for a fundraiser for my nieces high school. I just don't think MORE intolerance is what the Middle East needs at the moment. Perhaps afterwards if a reliable peace has been established then we can get the race circuit to go there.

reply to post by Nibru1981

Perhaps God is working through me to bring peace to the Middle East? (I'm not saying he is, but what if?) What if God has given me this idea? They do say that the lord works in mysterious ways. Perhaps god has deemed that the largest party in the history of mankind is exactly what is needed to bring about true peace in the region? Perhaps God came to me in a dream and said "Let there be beer, and when there is beer, he will see it and see that it is good"

To say that there never will be peace until God says so is quite defeatist and I refuse to think that is what God wants. I believe that not only is peace possible, it's desired, and it can work.

reply to post by natkat

I am thinking of this, this is why I am thinking of this plan. I don't believe that these people really want to fight each other. The people I have met from Palestine, Israel, Pakistan, Iraq, all are peace loving and good people. What they are fighting is Ideology. I just want to perhaps tweak that Ideology and pander to the younger generation. The generation that is not so entrenched in the belief of hate. The generation that is willing to embrace change. This is where the plan will work. The problem in the past is that they are trying to change the minds of the older folk. The problem in that is as one gets older people tend to not embrace change so readily. However those that are younger wish for change, they desire it, and they are generally angry that it does not come. What if perhaps thinking outside of generally accepted ideas on how to come about peace (which obviously isn't working) is how to do it?

What if?

I really don't see why both sides of the issue cannot peacefully co exist together. I really don't see why Palestinians and Israelis cannot live together in peace and harmony as a testament to the world of a better tomorrow. What is needed is something monumental. Something so large and encompassing that those in attendance can see with their own eyes both sides wanting the same thing. What I envision is a party so large that the world will sit up, take notice, and know that peace is not only possible, not only desired, but demanded.

Peace by brute force does not work. Peace at the end of a knife is not the solution. Peace brought about by the sharing of goodwill and the true essence of fun is the solution. It's obvious to me that the current methods of peace talks are not the solution. As well, fighting doesn't work. So I proposed a different strategy, fun.

It may work and it may not, but if I can at least attempt this idea, then I can go to my grave and say I tried. If it works I can go to my grave leaving the world a better place than I found it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You make it sound so simple, like a walk in the park.

Lots of people in the middle east Truly hate Americans, in
other words, they live to kill Americans.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Luc Picard

Mon Capitaine,

Ill refer you to your own signature for this...

Things are only impossible until they're not.

Besides no one wants to kill the bartender
I mean that's just the height of rudeness.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Hey thats cheating and against the rules!

jk

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Mon Capitaine,

Well ya got to know when dealing with Q not all is equitable.

I am going to try, to try and fail is much better in my opinion than to never try at all.

So be there on December 21, 2012 and see what I have come up with.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well good luck, you have my support.
You sure are brave, I commend you.

[edit on 13/6/08 by Jean Luc Picard]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Thank you Mon Capitaine, I will certanly try my best. I am hoping that this idea of mine will gain support. I have planned it far enough out that it should prove fruitfull.

Loads of planning going into this idea already, I am just now waiting on venders to reply to my emails about sponsorship. I have to also talk with the Israli embasy to see if they will allow such a party to take place.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join