It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Web Bot Project Predicts Apocalypse In 2012!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A giant computer had been fed all the knowledge known to human kind, and then asked the question: Is there a God?
The lights flashed, and the circuits hummed, and then came the answer: "THERE IS NOW!"

From a popular comic story.

Science fiction? May be not anymore! Computing power and the Web is growing exponentially and who knows what the situation is half a decade from now? And there is so much data coursing through the Web, that we can now use it to even predict the future! Enter the The Web Bot. OK, this ain’t breaking news by a long shot, but then not many have heard of it. I saw this on The History Channel the other day and so for those who don’t know what it’s all about, here goes…

The Web Bot Project

Web Bot Project: Video grab from The History Channel program

Originally, designed to search the web and then make predictions about the stock market, users claim they soon noticed the program making accurate predictions concerning things such as natural disasters and even the 9/11 tragedy. So how does it work?

A system of spiders, agents, and wanderers travel the Internet, much like a search engine robot, and look for particular kinds of words. It targets discussion groups, translation sites, and places were regular people post a lot of text.

When a "target word" is found, or something that is lexically similar, the web bots take a small 2048 byte snip of surrounding text and send it to a central collection point. The collected data at times approached 100 GB sample sizes. The collected data is then filtered, using at least 7-layers of linguistic processing in Prolog, which is then reduced to numbers and then a resultant series of scatter chart plots on multiple layers of Intellicad. Viewed over a period of time, the scatter chart points tend to coalesce into highly concentrated areas. Each dot on the scatter chart might represent one word or several hundred.

The core of the technology therefore is to look at how the scatter chart points cluster - condensing into high "dot density" areas called "entities" and then dissolving or diffusing over time as the entities change. Do a drill down into a dot and you get a series of phrases...

The web bot project is probably the only scientific method we have of predicting the future and has had some surprisingly accurate past predictions. And in 2001, the bot operators began to notice coincidence with occurrences and paid close attention.

The first accurate prediction from the bot came in June of 2001 claiming a catastrophic event would take place within the next 60-90 days. Regrettably it did - and the Twin Towers fell of September 11, 2001.

Since then there have been a slew of predictions, some of which follow:

• The Space Shuttle Columbia tragedy when the bot predicted a maritime disaster.
• It accurately predicted the New York blackout in 2003.
• It forecast a major event in relation to Las Vegas 65 days prior to 9/11 - when the terrorists were actually in Las Vegas.
• The bot stated there would be an attack related to a commemorative event prior to an American 587 crash on Veteran's Day.
• It read that there would be an attack on the house or assembly prior to the anthrax scare.
• The bot stated gun shot wounding referenced to Vice President Dick Cheney.
• Anthrax attack in Washington DC in 2001.
• Massive east-cost power outage in 2003.
• Earthquake in August 2004.
• Water-rising which lead to the Tsunami in December 2004.
• Hurricane Kathrina in 2005.
• Crash of the US dollar beginning late 2007.

A summary of the 2008 predictions:

• Catastrophic collapse of the dollar is possible – as the language is active around that concept.
• Some kind of winter/spring natural disaster which caused people to become angry about government response.
• Possibly early elections, or at least calls for that because of anger.
• Global economic collapse possible in fall 2008.

Bot pick-ups regarding Ufos in 2008:

"ufo event" - SOMETHING over major cities - leads to government disclosure?

And Now To 2012

Here’s where it starts to become very interesting.

The bot program also predicts a worldwide calamity taking place in the year 2012. For those of you who study astrology, prophecies, and the like, you may already be familiar with this date.

Pointers to an apocalypse in 2012 is foretold in:

> I Ching.

> The Mayan Calendar.

> The Upanishads.

> Nostradamus.

> Merlins predictions that the planets will “run riot”, completely off their normal paths of rotation.

> The Bible.

> The Hopi tribe prediction of the end of the 4th world.

> Scientific evidence that points to a very rare astrological occurrence taking place the year of 2012. In the year 2012, it is suggested that the sun and the earth will be in direct alignment with a black hole at the centre of the Galaxy. Scientists speculate that magnetic shifts could take place as a result. In essence, it is theorized that the poles could reverse. The poles have shifted before and Einstein, himself, had suggested this pole shifting theory in 1955.

> And finally, the Web Bot deductions about the end of the cycle in 2012!

Courtesy: Peoplenomics

Here’s something interesting about the Web Bot predictions as shown on The History Channel…

or click here if the YouTube link doesn’t work directly.. www.youtube.com...

All said and done, will the Web Bot Project's End-Of-Times prediction of 2012 come to pass? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. After all, 2012 isn't a long way off!

Cheers!

Refs:
What’s in store in 2008-09
urbansurvival.com...
www.armageddononline.org...
faqgo.com...
www.realufos.net...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Obviously, I don't fully understand the technology behind this. But it would make sense that a web bot would predict an apocalypse in 2012 because there is so much discussion and bandwith already dedicated to it. I guess I don't understand how it is making its predictions, but this one doesn't surprise me and I don't think this changes the validity of 2012 one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'll have to wait until later to view the videos.

Thanks Mike, looks like another interesting thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The Bot's source material is the World Wide Web? So it takes it information from places like blogs and boards? Garbage in - garbage out.

Show us where this bot has predicted *beforehand* in plain language an actual major impact event. Not just collected every possibility and listed them out.

I liked it better when at least future predictors pretended there was some sort of mystery involved in the process. WWW + Prolog = psychic machine. Why did we not think of this sooner?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi Mike - very interesting and definitely worth further investigation, I have never come across this project before..

I agree with Karlhungis regarding the 2012 references you can't trip over a bumpy carpet these days without it being linked in some way to 2012..

I would imagine that the results about the millennium bug and the related disasters at that time would have been high on it's predictometer due to the amount of chat and paranoia going on in the media...

Cool thread - thanks

Berth

[edit on 11-6-2008 by badBERTHA]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I also don't know how this works,but if the web bot is getting the info from theweb,and thereare alot of end of times profecy websites,then surely it will come to this conlusion?

Then again,maybe all these websites are a collective consiousness that we've all created as one,and it's picking up on this,and it's just the natural message we're all sending to one another. Who knows. Not me,that's for sure.

Thanks for posting this,it's most thought provoking.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The web bot is weird tech and thats for sure.

I am one of those who thinks that 2012 is not a good year to be on planet earth full stop, but hey, we cannot get off so what will be will be.

The references to UFOs and such like is also weird - but then as others have said if it takes from the web well, the webs chock a block of ufo / 2012 talk.

However, i also believe in the collective consciousness of man kind, and maybe this is just us getting ourselves ready for events to come.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The way I have always understood this is that there is a super computer database known as the Beast, hence the mark of the beast and the Verichip, DNA databases and Big Brother. They really are watching!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree Karlhungis
I don't know much about it either and there is alot of theories and assumptions on the web about 2012. I don't see how the computer can do this without it all being fact.

I really loved the part about it being asked if there is a God and it said " There is now."

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There is an ongoing discussion here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

THe webbot project also predicted this.

Veterans seize monument May/June 08

THe project is something to keep a close eye on.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here is the link to the actual web-bot if members want to pay to subscribe.

www.halfpasthuman.com...

Many major corporations use a similar program that costs thousands of dollars and is run through either Harvard or Princeton. They are looking to get ahead of market forces and trends in order to capitalize on them. The U.S. government has already used the progrm to run through scenarios regarding Iran.

More threads about the bot:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Seriously sick tech!! but you have to ask, how many predictions did it make that didn't come true? it must make thousands a day and as the future is fluid, they can't all happen. So we come to the same question again, how can we know what will and won't happen? still though, it's the best thing we've got and it's pretty f'in cool!!

flagged!

thanks. EMM

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Pointers to an apocalypse in 2012 is foretold in:

> I Ching.

> The Mayan Calendar.

> The Upanishads.

> Nostradamus.

> Merlins predictions that the planets will “run riot”, completely off their normal paths of rotation.

> The Bible.

Cool thread - really interesting stuff, must look into further.

Where in the Bible does it mention the date 2012? This part of your thread I can find no reference to back it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Where in the Bible does it mention the date 2012? This part of your thread I can find no reference to back it up.

Nowhere directly (unless you think that vivid descriptions of visions are somehow proof). The only place I can think of is the Book of Revelation. This Book mentions, among many other things, a 12-headed dragon that wages war against (I think) Michael, the Archangel. I am aware that some people believed this to mean that during the year 2012, China would wage war against the U.S. Oh yeah, the Book also mentioned a female leader fighting against the dragon, which made people think that Hilary Clinton would be president during this time and that China would wage war with the U.S. I thought all this was pretty convincing back when I first heard of this (some years ago), but now I am not so sure (although I do, for some reason, think there is something special about 2012, probably simply because we are all talking about it).

Also, I guess I should mention that one should be skeptical of the other "pointers" of this apocalypse that mikesingh mentions (unless a specific source directly mentions that there will be an apocalypse in 2012). In my opinion, the Book of Revelation does not say it directly. What of the other "pointers?" I am sure Nostradamus is too vague to be direct proof. The Mayan calendar is great proof for this or so I have heard. Any others?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yeah that would kind of make since. I could see Hillary being the great whore of Babylon. After all, she is a whore.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Call me a wet blanket and overly simplistic, but this doesn't seem like a reasonable prediction mechanism to me.

Why?

Well as stated, it works by searching the web for words and discussions in heavy use. That is, it essentially searches for what is popular at a given time...

All that is happening here, as I see it, is that we have got a lot of nuts (no offense... but meh) on the net ranting on and on about 2012 with as much, if not more energy than Y2K. People, what don't you get about doomsday predictions being wrong? EVERY time in human history a doomsday event has been predicted, it has been totally incorrect. Oh no that's not important though, let's glaze over that and move on to 2012 ranting. Hey what's up next? 2020? 2050? Nah that's too much of a gap... 2020 then umm... 2035. There you go, there's a date.

Anyway, all this does is talk about what is popular. We have a lot of people rambling on about 2012 problems and so it 'predicts' a problem in 2012. In effect though, all we did is predict it in the first place (based on nothing) and this machine is just reading back to us.

Get over it people, 2012 is just Y2K all over again... Actually, at least Y2K had some physical basis, this is based on a stupid old calendar that is ending. Do we all explode at the end of each year? No. We just start a new calendar. So do the Mayans, they just happened to be even more superstitious than we are.

To the OP: Thanks for posting, it's a well presented thread and interesing. In particular I liked the info on web bots because I've been trying to find more out about them. However, I think this is totally ridiculous.

My 2c, as usual.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yes, this is why I posted I'm sad because of all this craziness. However, I'm not going to go there again and let it bother me any longer! If crap happens it happens and I'll deal with it then! If not Awesome!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Personally, I think the "computer" is forgetting a very important fact when analyzing web data, or anything posted on the internet for that matter; There is a large amount of people on the internet who think they are totally anonymous. This causes people to post and/or say things they most certainly would not carry out in their day-to-day life. Yes, it may be able to predict what would happen if every single person on the internet were able to carry out their own personal fantasies.

Although, on that same coin, perhaps this is telling us more about ourselves as a race more than we REALLY want to know? Who knows. It's all based off of a mathematical algorithim, afterall.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think that all of this talk of 2012 may bring about a calamity, simply because the people WANT something bad to happen then. To me, this screams of a "self-fulfilling prophecy".

However, there's another possibility. There may be a concerted effort to encourage people to feel this sense of dread leading up to 2012, so that when something happens, we'll all know what to do, and where to go. This could very well point to a conspiracy in the highest orders of mainstream media, as well as ancient historical texts.

This very topic has been bandied back and forth for some 500 years at least. In that time, no one has ever come forward with conclusive evidence to suggest that anything such as is being suggested could occur in 2012. All that we have is mere speculation based on someone's word.

The fact that the world's ecosystem is based in a cyclical manner lends credence to this notion of a cyclical catastrophe, ergo the Mayan Calendar. The truth though is that the event that everyone thinks will happen in 2012 is not based around the actions of the planet, or the ecosystem, but of the people themselves. The suggestion has been for a long time that there could be a catastrophe like a volcano or an asteroid, but is more likely to be a world war involving every nation on earth against one superpower.

These thoughts all stem from this notion that we're on the precipice of some great calamity, when there's no valid evidence to suggest anything of the sort. So, with this all said, I ask you, my fellow ATSers, is it REALLY as bad as we all say that it is, or are we just allowing ourselves to continue to be deluded by the masses?

You Decide,

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
How in the world would the program predict a gunshot wound? That makes no sense at all.

The bot stated gun shot wounding referenced to Vice President Dick Cheney.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join