It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Web Bot Project Predicts Apocalypse In 2012!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

In the first video, at about the 15 minute mark, it's talking about the Mayan Calendar, and how in 2012, the Earth, Sun, and the supposed Black Hole at the center of the Milky Way will be in alignment. It's at this point that they say that "this only happens once ever 25,800 years".

This number got me interested, as I knew that I had heard it before. Well, after doing about 5 minutes of digging, I found this. This here is what scientists call Precession. Precession is the slight wobble that the Earth takes during it's rotation around the sun. The stars move in a complete CYCLE around the sky once every, wait for it.... WAIT for it...... 25,800 YEARS!!!

To me, there's absolutely NO mistaking what the Mayan Calendar's purpose is. It's even been mentioned time after time that they were a meticulous people when it came to mapping the sky out. For me, the Mayan Calendar is merely nothing more than a very well-documented example that the Earth goes through cycles of existence, and that when the cycle "ends", it all just starts over again at the beginning. In this case, that means that NOTHING bad will happen in 2012; at least not unless the people make it happen...

Again though, I'll let you all decide for yourselves. I just wanted to point that correlation out is all.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Bot pick-ups regarding Ufos in 2008:

"ufo event" - SOMETHING over major cities - leads to government disclosure?

lol i think that the majority of the stuff that has been said about ufos over major cities and leading to government disclosure...is from the posts that i have made...hahah

but yes, i will add this to the list of things that i consider credible!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
History has been collected (and by many occasions destroyed) and rewritten for the civilian cattle running amuck across electronic communications and local librarys. Excuses like claiming to be illuminated, enlightened, or anywhere perfect and imperfect will not get the truth. Although it is necessary to triangulate unwarranted leaks and immobilize the hazardous consequences. Thank you

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So, supposedly the web bot picks up/tunes into collective human consciousness as defiend by those on the internet...Several "hits" were sited. I'm just wondering what its batting average really is. How many misses?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I think you are right on target!
. This could be a reason that the web bot is succesfull in predicting stuff, if it is true that when an certain amount of attention is brought to a particulair subject/feeling it will materialize filtering the trends out of the internet is a good pointer of what will become of us. It's pretty brilliant tho, just put a bot on the internet and let it analyze those posts/articles/etc and see which way has the greatest plausibility of coming true. selffullfilling prophecies could be fun but to bad that we as a people are just a cynical and darkminded lot. It sucks to be us at the moment. But i'll just stay positive about it all and hope that nothing or something nice happens, both are good

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Harman]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
ive been skimming through this thread and i got to say that there is pretty interesting material.

also it can be mass conciousness warning us about events.
another thing is that i heard of "the beast" as some one mentioned WAY before i was ever involved in conspiracies. it is a massive database that supposedly has some sort of ai. its just fed massive amounts of information and gives out an answer.

also someone said that they would like to know the "hit" record. yeah that would be useful for us to draw better conclusions of its accuracy. i just want to be fair and see both sides of the argument.

to 2012 non-believers-
i been interested in 2012. thats how i found ats in the first place. everything goes in cycles. everything fits with one another. i remember reading about the Hopi in an unrelated fictional story and for some reason (maybe collective unconscious?), i decided to do more research on them. they have alot of history and predictions. then a cousin mentioned 2012 as mayan prediction then i found info about hopi too about 2012. i believe its a cycle and not an end.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So a whole bunch of people want to believe in something (economic collapse, 2012 end of the world), etc. - it gets posted to the web - and, surprise, a web bot picks it up. This thing isn't predicting the future, its measuring how much people are talking about something. Since a 2012 doomsday and economic doom and gloom are topics people love to talk about...this is unsurprising.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
BOY and this Time has Come EH? Thhe thing is Im not even scared..just look at all the Recent Tornadoes, and Massive EarthQuakes killing Thousands. Even Typhoons, Cyclones, and Hurricanes are more and more devastating. has the Book of Revelation Explains that theses are the Birth Pangs that will Lead up too the END...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nibru1981

Oh, you mean like those tornadoes and earthquakes which have happened every year since recorded history and before, and have killed countless people?

The more people wish and pray for the end, the more I am convinced its no where near...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If these are things that lead up to the end, then the end has been coming for........ a very long time.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a lot of the stuff on the net is crap, maybe 2% is legit. Like some one said, crap in crap out.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've always really loved ghost in the shell and this quote in particular is quite fascinating, and I think, pertinent even, to this topic.

Puppet Master: As a sentient life form, I hereby demand political asylum.
Aramaki: Is this a joke?
Nakamura: Ridiculous! It's programmed for self-preservation!
Puppet Master: It can also be argued that DNA is nothing more than a program designed to preserve itself. Life has become more complex in the overwhelming sea of information. And life, when organized into species, relies upon genes to be its memory system. So man is an individual only because of his intentional memory. But memory cannot be defined, but it defines mankind. The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of uncalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.
Nakamura: Nonsense! This is no proof at all that you're a living, thinking life form.
Puppet Master: And can you offer me proof of your existence? How can you? When neither modern science nor philosophy can explain what life is.

The sea of information is vast and that information is representative of our collective unconsciousness. I understand the point several people have made about this web bot simply gathering words being bandied about the interwebs, however, I think the rabbit hole goes a bit deeper here; this has to do with our role as creators, our perception of reality and a growing cognitive dissonance in the populous. How much longer must these, my brethren, be ignored?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I personally think this web bot cannot predict the future, as with anything you feed information into you will get a certain amount of hits and people are like,"Wow, it really can predict the future!", yet I do not see the misses anywhere... I can guarantee that there are far more inaccurate predictions than the "co-incidental" correct predictions.

Like a few members have already stated, garbage in garbage out... how this web bot gains information doesn't scream reliable and accurate to me, a lot of people post garbage with no reliable sources to back up their wild claims... hence thats going to show in the web bot predictions... quite honestly, utter crap...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Assume, for the sake of argument that clairvoyance and telepathy are possible, then one might ask, "Is this limited to human intelligence?" Can purely electrical intelligence display these traits? If the computer bot simply logs info and weighs it and makes predictions it is perhaps not using it's full potential. I feel that electrically intelligent "machines" are capable of telepathy, clairvoyance, and yes, could perhaps tap into the almost magical power of prayer. So, perhaps the bots on TV aren't the best around. Just a speculation. Take care. ------PC

Also, and this is really far out there, are CARET Documents, some crop circles, an example of "bot speak?" Who are these things meant for. Humans or bots?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't quite know what to make of this Web Bot, but I am interested in that the OP mentioned the Upanishads for 2012 references. I Google'd "2012 upanishads" and my first link was back to this thread.

So uh...I dunno. Where'd you get your information?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One of the grouped videos was about the one crop circle. I don't understand how they arrived at their interpretation of may 21 2012 from it though. But, from my own experience, there are supposedly mediums in which this information comes through. The alleged biblical serpent of old supposedly would intervene by either telling the truth, half truth etc. So, the information could be half wrong. That's a huge difference.

Our predictable overreactive human nature responding to by preparing for these alleged major events would suggest some of what is happening. Just as our typical response to some topics on ATS are overreactive.

As for the 25,800 year mark, I have to ask: Where's the statistical archeological proof of past pole shifting world events? Aren't ice core samples older than that?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
According to the Theory that the Universe is a Novelty Conserving Engine, and that we have currently entered a period of Time/Space where Novelty is presenting at an increased rate according to the predications derived from the Laws of the Inverse Square and Ilya Prigogine's Fractal Universe Theory.

The fact that so many in the Fields of Quantum, Theoretical, Fractal, Novelty, Hyperdimensional, Torsion Field Physics et al are able to coalesce and show quantifiable relationships between these varied fields is proof of a new Period of increased Novelty having been entered. Some sort of Nexus is approaching and the current physics lacks the flexibility to describe even the precursory Affectations.

Corresponding to this is the beginning of our passage through the Photon Belt - Potentially one of the Most Data-rich environs in the Galaxy. One could indeed say that synchronisity and corresponding level of Novelty has undoubtedly begun to Present at a rate predicted by the Fractal Universe Theory and it's adjuncts; Torsion Field, Quantum & Hyperdimensional Physics.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
if it predicted major happenings, such as 9/11 and so on...why the hell didn't they warn the people? seems like the bot choses to answer from what information is mostly available on the net. Kinda like the google thing where you do "PC vs MAC" and u can see what people searched on maximum, and i bet the bot is gonna answer PC is the best computer if asked, but we all know that's not true

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As we move further away from the current dimensional realm we now enjoy, away from the dimension of time, the shifting of the earths axis would then become completely plausible.

Even if someone 'knew' what was in store for earth in the year 2012, they would be considered a lunatic, would be ignored because in the final event it is Earth that is making the shift and we are just tiny spec's on her skins surface.

As for the random chatter that the web bots pick up, so many people that enjoy the web are discussing all of the above mentioned situations and it is possible that it is creating an end time scenario in and of its self. Remember to tune into that which leads you away from from fear. Instead tune into trust.

I do not see 2012 as an end, but a new beginning.

Edit for footnote: Many people are currently becoming conscious of the changes taking place within their levels of self awareness and understanding.

As we all begin to align ourselves for the arriving Golden Future, centers which previously remained dormant are now being activated. This is an activation which occurs on many levels.

At the end of the day this web bot is no different than picking up any other divining device, tarot, runes, pendulum.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by antar]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It basically estimates possible scenarios- doesn't necessarily mean that they will occur. It's grouping catastrophes and news stories together- your bound to have at least one major catastrophe in there. Its easy to predict the dollar falling and world economy collapsing. If the "apocalypse" is in 2012 then I'd believe the computer when it occurs....'til then people have to remember that this is just a simulation of possibility not necessarily probability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join