It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incubus & Succubus Spirits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone has any awareness or personal experiences with spirits.

One particular type of spirit is known as either an Incubus (male form) or Succubus (female form). The Incubus spirit is described in the dictionary as, "A Spirit that attacks a person in their sleep and presses down upon them". This spirit is the type portrayed in the film called "The Entity" and is commonly associated with sexual attacks on women, often leaving cuts or scratches.

I have had personal experiences with an "Incubus" spirit that would regularly attack me whilst I slept (attacks began the instant I began to slip from consciousness). The attacks would often begin with bright colours like a kaleidoscope and strange sounds in my mind. Other times they were connected to frightening dreams.

Those experiences continued for about 25 years and were witnessed by my former wife and one of my girlfriends, who both totally freaked out.

Any sceptical and rational person could easily shoot holes in that story by logical arguments. But, until a person experiences this stuff for themselves - they don't have a clue! I would not wish my experiences with those spirits on anyone. I'm a big guy, former boxer and lifted weights for 30 years - but I'm not too proud to say that I was terrified to fall asleep because the spirit being would choke my vocal chords so I couldn't speak & wrap what felt like steel bands around me so I couldn't move at all. I was actually awake once the attacks began and fully conscious of everything that was happening in the room. I remember one time realxing in hope that if I stopped resisting, the spirit would loosen it's grip. Well, it did and as soon as I could speak again, I screamed as loud as I could - I remember my mother & aunt running into my room to see what had happened. At that time, I was about 17 years old.

It's very easy to dismiss what we don't recognise, understand or want to admit exists. I have never had an alien encounter, but I believe that phenomenon really happens.

BTW: my former fianc� here in England told me about the farm house where she grew up near Halifax. A few years ago there began to happen very odd things like strange sounds, things being moved (including furniture) and even deep scratches suddenly appearing in the walls. I have slept in that house and nothing unusual happened to my awareness, but I do believe my former girlfriend and her family�s stories.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Don't sleep on your back.It causes sleep paralysis(succubus/incubus "attacks") and it ends within seconds.

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
LaChicaParanoica, that's exactly the kind of sceptical response I half expected to get. It sounds as though you've never experienced this yourself and have little, or no ability, to understand or appreciate anything from outside your own frame of reference.

What's that old saying? Oh yes, ignorance is bliss...

Well, count yourself fortunate because if you'd ever experienced what I did and as many times, you wouldn't discount it so easily.

BTW: since I've stopped practicing Christianity the attacks have also stopped. Many Christians would say there's a connection there, it's called "Spiritual Oppression" in the Christian terminology. But then again, it may have had something to do with my mother's involvement in the Occult - I can't really say for sure. All I know is that it did happen for many years, lasted more than a few seconds and I was conscious of it happening the whole time.

Wishing you well,
Deep

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You're calling me ignorant?You don't know me.I don't get why you're flaming me,but whatever...

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I had an experience with one, once.

I do know methods of keeping them away or controlling them so they won't harm you. HOWEVER... I'm Wiccan and these aren't Christian methods. Christians would be uncomfortable with this.

You might go to your local minister/priest and ask if they can recommend prayer warriors for you. Be explicit. Many churches have rituals and ceremonies for dealing with this.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
LaChicaParanoica: I was neither flaming you nor calling you ignorant. Why take an objective statement and turn it back on yourself? I would suggest that you "interpreted" my statement about ignorance as a personal slander or attack, which was never my intention. My reply was objectively observing that ignorance equals having no awareness of something. Had I meant to call you ignorant I would have stated that very clearly, but my reason for being here isn�t to flame anyone. I�m interested in intelligent debate and learning about life by considering it through other�s perspectives. Please know that I meant no disrespect to you at all.

Byrd: interesting that you�ve also experienced this phenomenon. Actually, I�ve spoken to several people about it and was quite surprised at how many said they had also experienced it.

Whilst practicing Christianity, I did all the usual things that Christians do like going for prayer, etc. Strangely, no matter what I did those nightmares & attacks continued until I stopped reading the Bible. I did notice that my nightmares always had a spiritual theme that involved some malevolent spirits trying to harm me. I could actually hear my own muffled voice (remember these entities were choking my vocal chords) screaming out Bible verses whilst being tormented in that half dream, half awake state, but was unable to break out of the attack by myself. Afterwards, I would feel embarrassed because I figured my neighbours could hear this stuff through the walls of my apartment.

I would be interested in learning about Wicca Byrd, should you wish to share your knowledge with me. Please feel free to use my e-mail address to send me any relevant links relating to it.

All the Best to Everyone,
Deep

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just briefly, you can keep them at bay with the simple standard Wiccan cleansing ritual.

Here's a page with some simple cleansing in it:
www.lunarace.com... (just do the room cleansing... don't bother with the other rituals.)

Now, that one's brief and will do for most situations. If you're being bothered by obsessive thoughts, THIS one (which goes into meditating (thinking deeply) about the properties of earth, water, air, and fire) may be a better solution -- but don't try it till you've tried the first one:
www.isisbooks.com...

Lastly, I'd suggest you change your reading material. Read positive, humorous stuff (Dave Barry, or any of the "Chicken Soup" series or Doc Savage (the old novels are fun reads) or Tarzan... or C.S. Lewis' Narnia series or Harry Potter... or ANYTHING that followis these rules:

1) Positive ending. Good guys win. Bad guys lose. Fiction or biographies. The funnier, the better.
2) No Focus On ANGST. Avoid Tony Hellerman and "dark psychological mystery" writers and read Agatha Christie (focus is on mystery, not on detective's personal failings and pain or on the Evil Thoughts of the bad guy.) Read Janet Evanovich -- her bumbling detective, Stephanie Plum, will keep you in stitches.
3) Characters that act, rather than sitting around and waiting for a Great Cosmic Whatever to make life better. Andre Norton's "Witch World" series... heck, any of her books... were good for this. And Terry Pratchett is a balm for most troubled souls.

Comedies... movies, cartoons, comic books. Stay away from the dark stuff (you can move back to it later) and focus on stories that are about triumph. Things that let you look around and appreciate that the world is a real decent place and there's lots of wonderful folks around.

These entities breed when you're down or depressed or are brooding over something or when you see the world as an evil and dark place, full of vile people. Humorous stories (a good Amelia Peabody Egyptian mystery) with action and adventure and the good guys winning in the end are the best demon-chasers.

The world becomes what you think it is. If you envision a dark and ugly, demon-haunted world, those ugly mind-demons will be around you forever. Change that aspect, and they become weak, powerless... and they fade.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Definitions of incubus

Marriam Webster Dictionary:

Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin incubare - Date: 13th century
1 : an evil spirit that lies on persons in their sleep; especially one that has sexual intercourse with women while they are sleeping

yourdictionary.com:

in�cu�bus
(nky-bs, ng-)
n. pl. in�cu�bus�es or in�cu�bi
An evil spirit supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with women as they sleep.
A nightmare. An oppressive or nightmarish burden.

Additional information regarding incubus & succubus spirits:

The term 'incubus' is from the Latin incubo meaning 'burden' or 'weight'. It may have become applied to demonic lovers, because it was thought that nightmares involving a feeling of oppressive weight on the chest were the consequence of the act of somnambulant copulation with a fiend. The corresponding demon who appears to men is the
Succubus. Also known as demon lover. In occult lore, a lewd male demon or goblin which takes on the illusory
appearance of a male human being and seeks sexual intercourse with women, usually while they are asleep.

According to the church fathers, the incubus was an angel who fell from grace because of his insatiable lust for women. As a demon, the incubus continued with his carnal desires, preying upon vulnerable women, raping them in their sleep and inciting sexual desires that only himself could satisfy.

Traditional wisdom professes that demons were only spirits and had no corporeal form. To be able to do his 'thing', Incubus was presumed to come upon his physical form in one of two ways: he either reanimated a human corpse, or he used human flesh to create a body of his own, which he then endowed with artificial life.

Especially mischievous and clever incubi made themselves appear in the persons of real people � a husband, a neighbor, a friend, the handsome young stablehand. In one case, a medieval nun claimed to have been sexually assaulted by a local prelate, Bishop Sylvanus, but the bishop defended himself on the grounds that an incubus had assumed his form. The convent took his word for it.

So how could a woman tell for sure if her lover was a demon or not? There were a few clues. If she freely admitted the incubus to her bed, it would have the power to put everyone else in the house into a deep sleep � even her husband, who might be lying right beside her. Other clues were even more obvious � the incubus often proved to be a nasty lover, with a sexual organ that was painfully large, freezing cold, made of iron, or even double-pronged.

Occasionally, these unholy unions were believed to create offspring. Children born with any type of deformity were automatically suspect. Twins were also suspicious. The magician Merlin was thought to be the fruit of one of these demonic intercourses. Medieval records are filled with graphic accounts of half-human, half-animal creatures that were reputedly fathered by incubi. These offspring were called Cambions.

But even with all the attention that was paid to them, there never seemed to be a foolproof way of warding off these demon lovers. Sometimes prayer worked, sometimes exorcism and benediction, but in many cases, even these proved futile.

Ludovico Sinistrari, a 17th century Franciscan friar, author of 'Demoniality', wrote:

"Incubi do not obey the exorcists, have no dread of exorcisms, show no reverence for holy things, at the approach of which they are not in the least overawed ... Sometimes they even laugh at exorcisms, strike at the exorcists themselves, and rend the sacred vestments."

According to the friar, if incubi were sufficiently irritated by these attacks, they could respond with random
violence and mayhem. When Sinistrari himself tried to free a virtuous matron from one persistent incubus, the demon gathered hundreds of roofing stones and with them erected a wall around the woman's bed. When it was finished, the wall was so high, Sinistrari reports, "the couple were unable to leave their bed without using a ladder."

Nightmares have been shrouded in fear and mystery for centuries. The first English description of a nightmare
appeared in 1763: "The nightmare generally seizes people sleeping on their backs, and often begins with frightful dreams, which are soon succeeded by a difficult respiration, a violent oppression on the breast, and a total privation of voluntary motion. In this agony they sigh, groan, utter indistinct sounds, and remain in the jaws of death, till, by the utmost efforts of this nature, or some external assistance, they escape out of that dreadful torpid state. As soon as they shake off that vast oppression, and are able to move the body, they are affected by strong palpitation, great anxiety, languor, and uneasiness; which symptoms gradually abate, and are succeeded by the pleasing reflection of having escaped such imminent danger."

Historically, nightmares have three characteristics:
1. An indescribable fear
2. A feeling of a heavy weight on the chest
3. A feeling of helplessness

In Bayley's English Dictionary of 1785, incubus was defined as "the nightmare, a disease when a man in his sleep supposes he has a great weight lying upon him; a devil who has carnal knowledge of a woman under the shape of a man."

It was said that with the mare-demon, terror predominated, and with the incubus-demon, the main element was pleasure mingled with dread. These demons descended on a sleeper, paralyzing and suffocating them, and sometimes having sexual relations with them.

The 1999 Webster's Dictionary definition of a nightmare is: "1. a terrifying dream producing feelings of extreme fear and anxiety. 2. a condition, thought, or experience suggestive of a nightmare. 3. (formerly) a monster or evil spirit believed to oppress persons during sleep."

In modern times, people look at nightmares as dreams which display images in a horrific manner. Nightmares are more than this. These images are fears or issues in the dreamer's life that they are having a difficult time dealing with.

Nightmares can be a subconscious reflection of something much bigger, hidden deep within the dreamer's psyche. They can be a manifestation of a mental or physical trauma (e.g. a rape), or a mental or physical condition (e.g. an accident which has caused an injury), deep-rooted psychological confusion toward an issue in the dreamer's life (e.g. the dreamer feels they've done something bad and has kept it a secret).

The easiest remedy for nightmares that you feel are not messages for action from your subconscious, is to put
protective symbols (whatever is meaningful for you) around your sleeping area, and pray before going to bed.

A nightmare can also be associated with a greater spiritual event, such as demonic possession, as was thought in the past. Nightmares can be one of the earliest symptoms of this condition.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think everyone has had similar experiences. Your case is just much larger than the average. Waking up to this, and still experiencing it, is probably a waking dream. I've had one before and in it people were trying to kill me and walking through walls and stuff. I'm not saying that you're an idiot or a liar, but there could be other explanations. Many times, if you believe something is happening to you, you will let it happen to you over and over again until you find an answer. For weeks straight, I got "attacked" in dreams or had violent dreams and didn't understand why. After I turned on my attacker to showed that I was no longer scared, the bad dreams stopped. Dreams teach us lessons, even harsh ones... over and over again.

As far as Christianity goes, usually good people get attacked by "demons" if they possess something extremely special about themselves. This is usually seen in the form of a stigmata. Pablo Peo or whatever that saint's name was, frequently experienced stigmata. In fact, you might want to rent the movie Stigmata to see if you relate to anything in it

If you get them back, remember to relax, turn on the attacker, show no fear, sleep on your side
, and don't let it get to you just because you've had other bad experiences. You learn in school, you learn in everyday life, and you learn in your dreams. I hope you're a good learner

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by Protector]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Actually, LaChicaParanoica has a point. Sleep paralysis is when the mind wakes before the body, or doesn't fall asleep with the body, and therefore the body is paralysed. It's happened to me once, and I found it extremely scary. I woke myself that time by screaming- I can only assume it shocks the body awake. It's entirely possible you do have that.

However, you said other people have seen it and been freaked out. Freaked out by what? Were there physical manifestations of spirits and such? Or 'bad vibes'?

For banishing, you might find the Lesser Banishing of the Pentagram useful. And, while these things are very far from funny, laughter is one of the best banishers around.

posted on Jan, 10 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi Gryphon, thanks for your input to this thread.

Rather than give my imagined (possibly embellished) response to what my former fiance (may, or may not have) seen & experienced - I'm trying to contact her and get her subjective experience of those incidents.

Unfortunately, 5,000 miles distance, time zones and work schedules are making this difficult at present.

I will continue to try and make contact and update this thread with her report.

Thank you for your patience.

All the Best,
Deep

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Having suffered these sort of attacks since around the age of six, ive done my research and ive done it well.

Spiritually, the attacks recieved ive dealt with - though not technically by an incubi or succubi, but by what myself a good few friends term a 'shadow'. Nasty little fella.

Most commonly known for dream invasions, possession attempts, physical manifestations (not pretty) etc etc.

Medically. Im told its SP (Sleep Paralysis) and cant actually say that ive experienced it in the more common, supine position (lying on your back) ..i get it on my side and it lasts for a good few minutes.The only known treatment possible is use of an SSRI like Prozac, which im currently on at the moment. However, when the medication stops, the SP attacks can hit you ten fold. In my last experience with prozac, they stopped for a good few years. Happy me.

This time however, coupled with drug abuse and my more 'attuned' spiritual knowledge (danger of an open mind perhaps?), theyre starting to creep back in, even with the Prozac.

If youd like more information on SP, i can offer a site - when i find it. Msg me sometime and ill gladly ramble away about my experiences.

~Sniff

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Because I�m an open-minded person, I am willing to listen to all points of view and consider this issue from every possible angle.

I had never heard of sleep paralysis before posting my question here. I did a search and found that almost all of the symptoms of sleep paralysis are almost exactly like what my own experiences were.

Because my own frame of reference at the times I experiences the night terrors was devoutly Christian, I naturally attributed them to demons. Whilst I do not have a religious drum to beat, I'm left wondering why the attacks seem to have stopped since I�ve stopped reading the Bible.

I�m now left wondering, what causes the sleep paralysis phenomenon? Is it a genetic or environmental thing?

I�ve also realised that for many of the years that followed my paralysis whilst sleeping, my night terrors were always associated with nightmares that always had a spiritual context � usually demonic being trying to enter my home through an open window etc.

I clearly remember that during those experiences I could actually hear my own muffled and distorted voice shouting at the objects of my fear to leave me alone. It appeared that my voice or vocal chords were somehow being stifled or chocked so as not to permit me speaking clearly.

I am still waiting to hear my former fianc�s account of what she saw and heard whilst in bed with me. I�ll post that ASAP.

In the meantime, here�s some basic information about sleep paralysis, in case others are unfamiliar with it.

ABC NEWS REPORT

Waking Up to Terror: Sleep Paralysis Leaves You Scared & Frozen

In the words of singer Sheryl Crow, it�s �a bizarre and twisted feeling where you feel completely paralyzed.� That�s followed by terrible fear � a heart-pounding, sweaty feeling that you could die any second.

The terror that Crow described in a 1996 interview with Rolling Stone magazine is known as �sleep paralysis.� It�s a state of being awake but completely frozen, unable to move or speak. It usually strikes just after waking up, but can also occur just before falling asleep.

Crow described getting to the point �where you are sure you are going to die.� Other sufferers have nightmarish hallucinations. They see dark, hooded figures looming over them as they lie helpless in bed. Some women report feelings of being raped. Others see bright lights and swear they were abducted by aliens.

Sleep experts have long known about sleep paralysis, but research in the latest issue of the medical journal Neurology offers them a better idea of how common it is and what the risk factors might be. According to a new study, roughly 6 percent of all people have had at least one episode of sleep paralysis, while slightly less than 1 percent have at least one episode a week.

Sleep expert Dr. Maurice Ohayon and colleagues came up with those figures by asking 8,100 people in Germany and Italy about their sleep habits. Ohayon, a researcher the University of Montreal, says he would expect the prevalence rate to be about the same in other countries, too. Few people report the problem to a doctor. �Probably, the fears of being considered mentally ill are more powerful than the will to know what was happening,� he says. While some hallucinations may be powerful enough to trigger anxiety or depression, the study should reassure people who worry that their sleep paralysis indicates a brain tumor. Ohayon said that in most cases, sleep paralysis is not linked to neurological disease.

In a typical sleep-paralysis episode, a person wakes up paralyzed, senses a presence in the room, feels fear or even terror, and may hear buzzing and humming noises or see strange lights. A visible or invisible entity may even sit on their chest, shaking, strangling, or prodding them. Attempts to fight the paralysis are usually unsuccessful.

BTW: Sniff, I would be happy to hear about your experiences.

All the Best,
Deep

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
it happened to me the first time last week

i woke up in the night and i couldnt move or scream and then 1 second later i could move,it was real scary tho

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ever since i picked up my first book on vampires ive been obsessed with them and other demons. And whenever i feel the need i research into it i do.

Ive never really talked to many ppl about my theorys or experiences demon wise. A friend of mine has told me that he thinks a demon seems to follow me about, but i dont know how much of it is fiction and fact (due to society) but recently i have met a lot of ppl who seem to have had demon experiences.

One of my exs actually confided in me that he is half demon.

Most people hearing all this would put you in the nut house, but im open to all ideas.

your welcome to PM me if you wish to discuss anything in private.

----

here is something i been reading lately ....

Damnation and desire
The legendary Succubus feeds on men's lust

Do you find yourself constantly aroused? Do you need to make more space in your apartment to accommodate the latest and greatest additions to your ever-growing porn collection? Do you have a masturbation habit that could rival Pee Wee Herman's? Well my friend, while you may think you've just got a case of the average joe's libido, you may actually under the influence of a demon known as the Succubus.

Legends of Succubi vary far and wide. It is said they sprang from their male demon counterpart, Incubus, a fallen angel driven completely by insatiable lust. Once booted from heaven, the Incubus preyed upon women and filled them with intense sexual desire that only he could fulfill through their dreams.

Some lore describes the form of the Succubus as spirits that enter the world through the dream realm. Other myths take this idea further, claiming that the Succubus or Incubus assumes the shape of a familiar or loved one by reanimating a human corpse or creating human flesh, then twisting its shape.

Succubi can appear as any person they choose to, whether it be a lover, a wife, or the hottie on the cover of the latest issue of Juggs. One particular Incubus case dates back to a medieval bishop by the name of Sylvanus, who fought accusations of sexual assault on a nun by claiming an Incubus had assumed his form and did the deed. Sadly, the nuns bought it. But he does get points for originality.

So now you're probably wondering how to tell whether you need an exorcism or just a cold shower. Here's the deal - if you happily accept a Succubus or Incubus into your bed, everyone else in the house falls into a deep sleep, presumably so as not to come to your "rescue." Also, if the lover in your dreams offers up some less than desirable features, such as bestowing painful sex, being freezing cold, made of metal, or potentially even "double-pronged," you may need to call in a priest. Of course, the bad news there is that Incubi and Succubi don't seem to have any fear of exorcism or prayer, and thus, are really hard to get rid of. Funny coincidence, that.

So who wouldn't want their own personal Succubus or Incubus to grace their beds in the wee hours? All in all, hot, no-strings-attached gratification doesn't sound like such a bad deal. But here's the catch: the goal of a Succubus or Incubus is to seduce humans and lead them to eternal damnation. Those plagued by the Succubi don't wake up in the morning to tell the tale.

-----

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters
BTW: since I've stopped practicing Christianity the attacks have also stopped. Many Christians would say there's a connection there, it's called "Spiritual Oppression" in the Christian terminology. But then again, it may have had something to do with my mother's involvement in the Occult - I can't really say for sure. All I know is that it did happen for many years, lasted more than a few seconds and I was conscious of it happening the whole time.

Wishing you well,
Deep

Deep what amazes me is that you identify the souce of the problem correctly, and then you identify what they want to do, - they want you to stop being a christian, and then you agree for a bit of peace.

You made the wrong decision there.

If they/it wants you to stop reading your bible, then doesn;t that tell you something about the power of the choice you are making?
About the reality of the spiritual word and the committment of being a christian.

And finally doesn't it tell you about the person whom is REALLY your boss, not God but this being that torments you.

After you die, whose presence do you want to spend your eternity in, this being's as a slave, or Gods? No matter what suffering you have here on earth if you hold on till you die you will have a greater reward in heaven, people get tortured, tormented and killed on earth for what they believe, yet you allow some nightmares to have beaten you?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
wellsaid ""Netchicken""

These attacks on people have been happening thousands of years ,but come in different forms........

ST Anthony of egypt is known to have witnessed many demonic forces......born around 250............heres the article to read if anyone is interested..................

www.roca.org...

have i ever experienced evil attacks or presence.........yes ..........
i too noticed that if i stopped thinking of God or reading on Christianity that the attacks did stop...........i then realised that it had to be evil.............
the attacks are sometimes subtle or non existent........
These "demonic" attacks are all real and many people have experienced them by only getting involved in astrology,seances,u.f.o.s. and similar things that actualy look quite harmless....................and i do speak from experience.........................

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by helen]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinnamon Phoenix Jayne Ever since i picked up my first book on vampires ive been obsessed with them and other demons. And whenever i feel the need i research into it i do.

Actually, speaking form historical research, most cultures had vampires or vampire-like beings in their tales of folklore. The forms & techniques attributed to these vampires varied widley from one culture to another, but the basic *concept* was of a creature that feeds from the life-force of others is a universal belief.

Those vampires were not demonic or even *human* (even if they were human in appearance). They were either described as spirits or physical *creatures*. Very few cultures attributed blood-drinking to vampires, but most often it was "life-force" they stole; Various methods also included flesh-eating.

It wasn't until the advent of Christianity that there was any connection made between vampires & actual "demons"....Most of those older cultures didn't even have a concept of demonology until being converted to Christianity.

As more generations & centuries passed, the "common knowledge" of vampires changed & evolved into what it is today...Primarily an astristocratic nobleman from the Balkan states. This concept of vampires took it's biggest turn into this view because of Bram Stoker & then Hollywood later on.

Way back when vampires were still being considered as *creatures*, incubi & succubi were still considered as *spirits*, closely related to vampires because of the way they stole life-force through sexual acts. And like the vampire, sucubi/incubi were "redefined" by Christianity as demons.

So basically, by getting out of Chritianity, you've closed off your belief in them as "demons"...Once they've lost your belief in them, they leave. This may not work for *everyone* plagued by these spirits though...If you believe in the spirit world in general, they could still come back to you. There've been reports of incubi/sucubi attacks on those people who never were Christians...

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What that has to do with my post i dont know (maybe im just to tired to make the link)

I was just mearly pointing out that ever since i picked up my first fiction book on vampires ive been hooked to the legend and reality of them, demons, and other things of a supernatural nature.

I belive there are things out there, we just gave a name to them and then thru the ages the stories got a little out of hand like chinese whispers.

I dont know maybe its just cos its been around me for many years, since i was a small child i was told my my mother that ghosts and other things like that wouldnt hurt me if i didnt want them to. i grew up with spirits and ghosts around me all the time.

I delved into a form of satanism or black magic (call it what you will) when i was 13/15 and kindah regret some of the things we did (mainly because nievity forced me to belive it was a game) .

So ive had everything of this nature round me all the time.

im not sure where im going with this, im wibbling again.

yeah..well back to subject..cos i forgot what i was talking about now (damn headaches and not feeling wellyness)

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I just don't understand is why we feel the need to scream when this occurs. I am under total control of my mind, and I just try to talk my self out of it. Maybe its just the terror of it all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join