It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Our Ancestors?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Gardner is not disagreeing with you

This brings ut to another category of daunting Old Testament phenomena which were said to rise above the earth by mechanical means. They were never called angels, and generally these blazing spectacles had wheels, as in Daniel 7:9: ' His throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.' In Isaiah 6:1-2 there is a similar account of an airborne throne, and 'above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings'. Yet another referenece to such an apparatus occurs in Exekiel 1, where the whole scenario - recounted at some length - is entirely in keeping with the others, including fire, wheels and noisy rotating rings.

Unrelated to the Bible, an ancient tractate from 3rd century Alexandria, entitled The Origin, tells of the immortal Sophia, and of the ruler Saboath who 'created a great throne of a four-faced chariot called Cherubim ... And on that throne he created some other dragon-shaped seraphims.'

and again here:

It is not the purpose of this book to examine the whys and wherefores of such phenomena -- simply to present them as they are depicted in the ancient texts. What is certain, however, is that these flying chariots (cherubims) with their accompanying serpahims (fiery dragon shaped auxiliaries) were never at any time described as having human form, as angels always were. It was the fearful Christian dogma of the later Roman establishment that transformed the cherubims and seraphims into adoring celestial putti.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to Undo

Undo quote:

oh get this, i figured out that jehovah in the bible is both enki and enlil. sitchin mentioned this in one of his books and i thought he was bonkers, but now i'm beginning to see it.

only thing he didn't see, that i'm seeing, is that it appears enki may be yeshua, as almost everything he did and said, ends up correlating back to enki in some fashion. the more i study it, the more obvious it is. and this solves the riddle of how yeshua could be both jehovah and not the father at the same time .. people were always asking me, "how can yeshua be the son and the father simultaneously?" . he knew the jews thought of jehovah as the guy who confused the languages at babel (which enki did), for example. he offered the king of sumer, advice on how to assuage enlil's anger at the realization that a nephilim hybrid had survived the flood. he has been our advocate in the past several times. it's yeshua to a T.

And from Gardner we have this, which effectively supports your above speculations:

It has often been wondered why the biblical God of the Hebrews led them through trials, tribulations, floods and disaster when, from time to time, he appears to have performed with a quite contrary and merciful personality. The answer is that, although now seemingly embraced in a general context as the One God by the Jewish and Christian churches, there was originally a distinct difference between the figures of Jehovah and the Lord. They were, in practice, quite separate deities. The god referred to as Jehovah was traditionally a storm god - a god of wrath and vengeance, whereas the god referred to as the Lord emerges as a god of fertility and wisdom.

In early times, the prevailing Hebrew word for Lord was Adon, whereas the apparent personal name of Jehovah was not used at all. It came from the original Hebrew stem YHWH (Yahweh), which meant ’I am that I am' - a statement said to have been made by God to Moses on Mount Sinai hundreds of years after the time of Abraham. However, the Bible also makes it clear that the God of Abraham was actually called El Shaddai, which means Lofty Mountain.

Jehovah was, therefore, not a name at all. The early texts refer simply to El Shaddai and to his opposing counterpart Adon. The Canaanites called these gods El Elyon and Baal, meaning precisely the same things: Lofty Mountain and Lord.

In modern Bibles, the definitions God and Lord are used and intermixed throughout as if they referred to the same Jehovah character, but originally they did not. One was a vengeful god (a people suppressor), and the other was a social god (a people supporter). Additionally, in contrast to Bible teachings, the various traditions relate that these gods both had parents, wives, sons and daughters.

Throughout the patriarchal era, the emergent Hebrews endeavoured to support Adon the Lord but, at every turn, El Shaddai (the storm god Jehovah) retaliated with floods, tempests, famines and general destruction. Even at the time of the Captivity (around 586 BC), the Bible explains that Jerusalem was overthrown at Jehovah’s bidding. Tens of thousands of Israelites were then taken hostage into Babylon simply because one of their past kings (a descendant of King David) had erected altars in veneration of Baal the Adon.

It was during the course of this Captivity that the Israelites finally conceded. They decided, after generations of Adon support, to succumb to the opposing god of wrath, developing a new religion out of sheer fear of his retribution. It was, in fact, at this time that the apparent name of Jehovah first appeared - little more than 500 years before the time of Jesus. Subsequently, the Christian Church took Jehovah on board as well, calling him simply God, and all the hitherto social concepts of Adon were totally discarded. The two religions were henceforth both faiths of fear, and even today their followers are classified as ’God fearing’.

(from a Laurence Gardner lecture and for once I didn't need to type it out. Full article can be found here: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Gardner is not popular in some circles and is attacked quite frequently online. David Icke, for example, has apparently implied Gardner is a 'reptilian' (although, Icke's having credibility issues of his own with more and more of the faithful turning away and slapping themselves up the side of the head)

But generally speaking Gardner is confronted by the same kind of hostility as are those who reveal that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are not actually 'reeeeel'. Messengers often find themselves on the wrong end of the boot. I don't think he loses too much sleep over it. He must have known that a large chunk of people would not appreciate having their 'angel' beliefs pulled down to the ground. Angels are popular and feature in endless avatars and are liberally scattered around blog pages, new-age sites, stationary, greetings-cards, fairy-story books, etc. People like their angels and won't give them up without all-out trench warfare if that's what it comes down to

On the other side though, there are those who appreciate having things dismystified for them by someone of greater qualifications. I find it very liberating. I appreciate being freed. Sure, truth can hurt, but no pain - no gain, imo

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It should also be remembered that the Old Testament which is familiar to us today stems from a 10th-century Hebrew text and is, therefore, 600 years younger even than the canonical New Testament compiled in the 4th century.

How many of us consciously knew this ?

Did we intuit it ? Did we 'sort of' realise it ?

Or did we not know or realise it at all ?

Not something we were encouraged ever to think about, though, is it ?

Seems obvious when someone puts it into words

That someone is again, Laurence Gardner

Full article here ... and it will be revelatory for many. Others won't allow their eyes to read it

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Dock9]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Nice link for you here, Undo (if you don't already have it)

Contents

Prologue - Why Were The Ancient Gods So Shy?

Chapter - Arrival of The Proto-Sumerians - The Ancient Astronauts

The Antediluvian Cities And Their Purpose

Physical Conditions Before The Deluge

The Old Testament Begins At Sumer

The Creation of Man And The "Fall"

The Serpent-Gods And Immortality

Dragons And Serpent-Gods In World Mythology

The Patriarchs, Demi-Gods of The Antediluvian Period

The Rephaim - Warrior-Gods of The Western Lands

The Deluge And Other Problems of Chronology

The Sky-Chariots And Boats of Heaven - The Vehicles of The Ancient Astronauts

The Phoenix Bird As Symbolizing A Rocket Launch

Was Noah's Ark A Saucer-Shaped Submersible?

The Radios of The Ancients

The Fabled Land of Dilmun

The Space City And Facilities Destroyed

The Mount Sinai-Kadesh Space Facilities Destroyed

Epilogue - Is There Really A Missing Link?
Additional Information

A Mathematical Analysis of Ancient History

Atrahasis Epic

Descent of Ishtar to the Nether World

Enki and The World Order

Enki Builds the E-engurra at Eridu

Excursus on Gilgamesh

Inanna and Enki

Life of Adam and Eve

Prince Nannar's Plot - Jesus Christ & Planet X Nibiru

Sumerian Table of Gods - The Nibiruan Council Of Twelve and their names translated...

The Emerald Table of Hermes - Tabula Smaragdina

The Epic of Gilgamesh

The Sumerian King List

The Tablet Of Adapa

Related Reports

Brotherhood of The Snake - Main File

Hamlet's Mill

Nibiru - el Planeta X - Main File

Sumer and The Anunnaki - Main File

The Dragon Court - Main File

The Occult Reptilian Saga - Main File

The Stellar Man

Zecharia Sitchin, Sumeria, Los Anunnaki y Nibiru - Main File

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

i noticed while reading sumerian, akkadian and egyptian literature, that the god and his temple often became synonmous and interchangeable (temple=holy mountain and could be ziggurat, a pyramid, a hebrew temple and so on). this, i theorized, had implications regarding what the faith itself would eventually convey, i.e. the temple is the body not a building, but it initially was presented as the same thing. it seems as if the spirit of the god was said to be present in the structure, which is the old system.

for example, the plan of solomon's temple was the diagram of a human being, the holy of holies representing the seat of the spirit, in which resided the spirit of god in the ark (*the brain, the seat of wisdom, knowledge and learning), and the various pieces of furniture, additional rooms, pillars, veils, and so forth, were also depicting parts of the body as a temple. this fit in quite well with the teachings of yeshua, when he declared the building itself was no longer needed as the spirit of god had vacated the building representing the human body, and was offering up residence in the human body itself, rather than a representative of the human body.

one of the avenues of research i did was on an egyptian story called THE LEGEND OF THE DESTRUCTION OF MANKIND. in it, Ra grows angry because people are murmuring that his skin is like gold, his bones like silver and his hair like lapis lazuli. these descriptions are identical to the descriptions of Ea's *(enki's) E.ABZU (his temple). it seemed to be saying that enki and ra were the same, until i realized the egyptians had deified the e.abzu, and intergrated into their own version of the events of sumer, as passed down from their ancestors. in otherwords, ra was a combination of enki and enki's temple. and that furthermore, he'd been given the characteristics of enlil as well, revealing that ra was a deified structure known as the e.abzu and given the attributes of both enki and enlil. that took a bit to figure out, btw. these things are all intertwined in such complex mazes, that to claim the holy roman empire made them up, seems severly unlikely.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

scholars seem to have trouble coming to grips with the fact the enlil's name became the one size fits all word for the gods of mesopotamia. enlil was not the storm god. the storm god was an elohim, he was an EL, but he wasn't enlil. the problem is the word EL. some scholars refuse to accept (and this'll clinch what i'm saying) that EL is in anyway, associated with AL (Ba'al), so much so, they ignore the connection. B'el is Ba'al. it doesn't mean B'el or Ba'al is Enlil, nor does it mean that B'el was worshipped in the same fashion as Ba'al or Enlil and vice-a-versa.

Babel on the other hand, is Babilu, showing that EL is ILU. the mesopotamia god word LIL, was generic in much the same way as the word "god" is generic for us today.

EN.LIL=LIL=IL=ILU=ILAH=EL=ELOI=AL

ILAH is where AL'LAH comes from. AL'ILAH.

as heiser pointed out in that .pdf i linked for you earlier, EL was a designation of place of residence (et.al, spirit realm) and as a result was applied to all spirit beings, be they gods, angels, dead people or even demons. and that place of residence was based on the meaning of the word LIL (air, sky, breathe, heaven).

that's not to say that ENLIL didn't end up with the attributes of other gods the israelites encountered along the way, during their various sojourns, enslavements or diasporas, but it was an act of defiance to make such comparisons, like saying OUR GOD IS AS GOOD AS YOUR GOD and better! lol our god can ride the clouds, just like ba'al. and so on.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

i think he's wrong about that, primarily because there is even a babylonian talmud (scary book btw).

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

yeah been there several times. i have my own research site too at
www.thestargates.com...

i haven't updated it in years, so some of the links may have gone belly up, but the menu on the left is full of ancient texts links, pseudopigraphia
www.thestargates.com...
even 45 different bible translations.
www.thestargates.com...
ancient sumer, ancient egypt, etc.

even homer's illiad
www.thestargates.com...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by masonicon
Sorry! the Islamic Allah that I worship is Different from Zeus because Allah is Far from temperamental and Unlike the gods that worshipped by Pagans Allah is Completely Immortal while Alien Gods that Worshipped by Pagans Like Sumerians, Egyptians, and Greeks are little or no more than Mortal beings simply because they can die while Allah are Simply Can't die

Good for you.

Undo, do you suggest that these "gods" used advanced technology to accomplish things instead of supernatural powers?

Allah uses Supernatural Powers instead advanced technology because any form of advanced technologies are still too primitive for the Allah and the Gods that worshiped by Pagan people are nothing more than Flesh-and-Blood beings(Including aliens) that Uses Either Advanced Technologies or/and Supernatural Powers and those aliens are still nothing more than mortal Allah Creations

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join