It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Look into the Soviet Afghan war before you start mentioned about not dismantling and destroying the infrastructure by the Soviets.
Why exactly did the Soviets invade Afghanistan? Was Afghanistan planning to invade the Soviet Union?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

millions displaced? and what of the millions , bombed, blasted and raped out of there homes and families allready by the occu[ying forces and there paid for lackies *who believe laws dont apply to them*

Millions displaced by occupying forces and their paid lackeys?
I can post articles by Iraqis in interviews in Jordan and Syria where they tell you they were intimidated by both Shiites and Sunnis insurgents or militias as they are called by different people. Not paid lackeys. Why are teachers being targeted? Why are priests and imans being killed? Why doctors? Car bombings intentional targeting large crowds, why? What is that purpose?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

The Industrial Revoloution started in my land England my friend...and the rest of Europe followed. We must all remember the main reason for the invasion of Iraq....It wasn't just for the Oil and more bases in the Middle East. But for a new free market that Ameria could exploit and sell their goods to. Radical capitalsim is what the U.S wanted to see at work in Iraq as it is difficult to install in the U.S.

The Iraqi's resisted this like they have resisted everything that the U.S has tried to force on them. From the oil deal to this new security pact. Iraq has too many educated patriotic people to allow the U.S to take the piss like they are.

America must learn that no one is interested in this kind of Capitalism.. It hurts the poor and destroys a countires soul like it did in Chile under Pinochet. The Chicago boys who have pushed this need to be kept out of the American policy circle.

Resist Iraq. Afghanistan may have been the right war but it was pursued with a lethergy that can only be described as purposeful. Al qaeda and the associated members could have been eliminated, but instead the most powerful army allowed or were told to allow their escape.

Resist Iraq, resist America!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Obviously alot of the violence in Iraq is being perputrated by Iraqi's. But this was unleashed by the American invasion and subsequent lawlessness that was allowed to follow. I feel this was on purpose becasue if the Americans had installed oreder and bought the different tribes and sects together it would have led to a stable and powerful Iraq which wouldn't have had to curtail to American demands, like in this 'security deal'.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I thought it would be apt to make a comment on alot of the replies from ATS'ERS on this subject. Alot of what has been said is that this kind of behaviour in relation to the 'deal' and the whole Iraqi mess is 'un American' and not what America stands for.

But if you read history, this kind of bullying, invasion and exploitation of people is exactly what the U.S has stood for since it's creation. No doubt this isn't the case with the average American or even the men who created the constitution, but this is a continuation of over 2 centuries of American expansionalism, this is the rule not the exception.

From the destruction of the Native Americans, to the 'liberation' of Cuba from the Spanish, a war launched after a false flag incident. To America's involvement in the Phillipines in the 20's. WW1 led to the emergence of the American econonomic empire which they looked to defend agaisnt the Facist attempted hegemony of this in WW2. That war wasn't just about the continuation of freedom and democracy etc it was about free market's for American bussiness.

Into the Cold war look at at American activites in Iran where they overthrew along with the UK a democratically elected leader who was looking to Nationalize it's oil industry. Then in South America where alot of the Chicago boys radical capitalism was pursued by U.S educated and funded citizens of these countries. Chile, Argentina, Brazil all these countries who were pursuing a socalist but not communist way of running their economies and were succseding were going against the American way...This was not going to be tolerated..and the U.S went about overthrowing these democracies.

The Vietnemese war in my opinion was launched to protect a free market that was buying into American ideas of bussiness and it's natural resources...This is something communisim was at odds with.

Into Iraq, all you see is American bussiness interests put before the Iraqis every time. The same is the case within the U.S itself. I see waitresses earning 3 $ an hour people not being able to afford Health insurance, trade unions basically not allowed and people on the bread line.

The elite of the U.S are not interested in you the common citizen, the evidence is in plain sight.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join