It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

www.counterpunch.org

Few Americans are familiar with the proposed treaty. If they were, they might be shocked at its provisions, ashamed about its naked sadism. It:

grants the U.S. long-term rights to maintain over 50 military bases in their California-sized country

allows the U.S. to strike any other country from within Iraqi territory without the permission of the Iraqi government

allows the U.S. to conduct military activities in Iraq without consulting with the local government

allows U.S. forces to arrest any Iraqi without consulting with Iraqi authorities

extends to U.S. troops and contracters immunity from Iraqi law

gives U.S. forces control of Iraqi airspace below 29,000ft.

places the Iraqi Defense, Interior and National Security ministries, under American supervision for ten years

gives the U.S. responsibility for Iraqi armament contracts for ten years

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.counterpunch.org
www.alternet.org

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I posted a breaking news story on this yesterday but no-one appeared to recognise the outrageousness of it all! Read what they, the American government, are demanding of the Iraqi's. It is beyond the pale of even this administration.

Cheney & co are demanding the signing of this 'deal' before the end of the month or they will scrap the immunity on Iraq's foreign reserves losing them up to 20 billion $.

The Iraqi government has little choice but to accept this as they are basically kept in power by the American presence. This will push the Iraqi people over the edge and will bring about a massive uprising against the Americans, as it should do.

This is pure ransom and blackmail, where is the outrage ATS'S?!!!!??!

www.counterpunch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If it is rejected what will be the response?
I can't see it being any worse than if it were accepted.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well America does keep their government from basically crippling under the weight of Iran and other countries who do not like them, so I think they should sign it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Well that is how our government practices dictatorship powers on other countries, here in America they just rob us of our constitutional and civil rights.

But then again who said that Iraqi liberation was for the enjoyment of the Iraqi people, it was nothing more than a power grab for corporate America specially Cheney's baby Halliburton.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Baxtoriafall

So they should sign over all their wealth, their citizens and their soverignty to the mercy of the Americans as thanks for the invasion. Plus the Iraqi government is allied to the Iranians unless you hadn't noticed.

Jesus man do a little bit of research on the topica and you will see what an outrage it is. You don't really think that the Iraqi's somehow owe America something do you?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As one of my students in class told me when discussing about the Iraq War, American troops are like struts, take out the struts and the whole thing collapses. Other students mentioned about Iraqis replacing them, but they still have long way to go.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Germany after WW2 any one ? The Americans may be going a bit over board but they are in a proxy war with Iran and if they just upped and left the Iraqis to it the country would be a provence of Iran in a flash.

Its harsh yes, wrong ? maybe but very neccesary.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oil is the reason for the war?

Maybe?

Perhaps?

If it isn't the main reason, it is a bonus....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Perhaps we still occupied Europe because of the North Sea.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Whether this is the case or not it does not give any justification to this 'deal'. This whole mess was created by America, Iraq owes them nothing. Which is a massive shame for the American troops that have had their lives taken for it. This deal completly subjicates any future Iraqi government to America's will.

I gurantee the Iraqi's will not take this lying down, and there will be a massive uprising. www.cjad.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Haven't posters here mentioned before that if we break it, we fix it? And there has been massive uprisings before.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
[edit on 6-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Neccesary, Neccesary??! To have the right to arrest any Iraqi without Iraqi government interference? The right to attack any country from Iraq, with the blowback falling on Iraqis? To control Iraqi airspace? which sounds like the no fly zones operated during Sadame Hussain's.

You are seriously warped if you think anything deserves this kind of deal for the Iraqi's. This proxy-war you talk of is of the making of the U.S, and it can be ended by the complete withdrawl of American troops and influence outside the normal protocal of nation-states.

Resist Iraqi's, resist this American's!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You (The U.S) cannot fix Iraq, it is not yours to fix, it is the Iraq's! Granted you broke it but an occupation cannot fix anything and will only exacerbate the situation. Do you read History? If you do you will be aware that Occupation's are always eventually chased out one way or anotherhe Roman's in Britain, The British in France and the U.S, the U.S in Vietnam.

It never changes, an unpopular occupation no matter how powerful the occupier is, is always defeated. The Iraqi's should be given their country back, they are capable of sorting out the mess the United States and her allies including my country the UK made, we are not.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by MemoryShock

Perhaps we still occupied Europe because of the North Sea.

Perhaps Europe still occupies us because of colonization...

Seriously..the Industrial Revolution happened here...why?

Research that a bit and then get back to me...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have two words here...

puppet government.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Indeed. But i just get the feeling that they( the current Iraqi government) are not going to sign this. Granted the American presence keeps this government in power but i don't think Al-Malki is willing to be the one remembered for selling the Iraqi's future to the Americans.

The most damning thing about this is the brazen attitude this administration of America shows towards the Iraqi people. The war was sold on a lie of WMD'S, the the occupation is justified by a lie that it stops Iraq from spiralling out of control, and this deal is the revelation of all that passed before.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Have none of you ever heard the expression, "To the victor goes the spoils"?

It seems the US wants to establish a permanent foothold in Iraq. Strategically speaking it seems like a prudent move considering the volatility of the region and the importance of securing its resources.

It is a move that the US no doubt sees as necessary to in order to stabilize the region.

But then again it makes it lends support to the view that this was the goal of the US all along.

Strictly looking at this from a military & strategic perspective it seems like a good move for the US.

If this is approved I sincerely doubt there will be much resistance from the general populace. I think that the greatest resistance will be from the liberals in the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Look it is not our job to decide. It is up to the decider and the decider said there should be democracy in Iraq.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join