It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
America has troops occupying 130 countries throughout the world. I wonder how many of them were bullied into it.

Pathetic. This is just the next step to a NWO.
What saddens me is that if there is to be a revolt on the Iraqi citizens part, how many innocent people will die.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

gives the U.S. responsibility for Iraqi armament contracts for ten years

Sounds like a huge 10 year windfall for american arms manufacturers. I'm betting the guys that wrote this deal have big chunks of stock in defence companies. Sickening.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So much for an independent and soverign government for Iraq huh?

Any word if they are going to sign it or tell the American's to sit on it and rotate.

I would think that if the Iraqi politicians have any sense of self preservation, they will tell us to shove it.... after all if they do sign it they are dead meat... the Iraqi populous will never accept it nor should they.

In the long run it is bald faced tactics like this that explain exactly why America is so hated around the world...

we are bullies and don't play well with others.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This ticks me off to no avail. So how is Bush going to fund the 50 bases and military over there hmmm? I dont know if you have looked at our economy lately but its in shambles. No your going to leave the next president the unpopular task of raising taxes to fund your freaking war. You know something though I cant blame Bush all the way because this has been US policy since after ww2 empire building and we have paid for it with both lives and our hard work. Nothing will change with this election. Obama will win and he talks a good game but he is a democrat and the democrats and republicans have been promising us change for to long now and it never happens.

I am passionate about this subject because the idea of empire and nation building is a big reason why our national debt is so high and it morally is NOT AMERICAN. I mean we even debated manifest destiny because we didnt want to look like we were an empire. We gave Mexico back even though we won and occupied Mexico because we didnt want to look like some empire. In fact we bought the land that we conquered. This is not what America was founded to be. We are to offer liberty to all humanity and protect it with a great military not use that great military to make money for the capitalist pigs.

Anyone who thinks they can out debate me on this bring it on but you cant because this is both historically and morally wrong.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

It won't happen, Iraq is full of American lobbyist influencing an already corrupted Iraqi/US manipulated government, they are creating an elite that will first think for themselves and their pockets and screw the Iraqi people.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You mean they are exporting the Republican party to Iraq?

Its about time.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Demands. Oh the ARROGANCE.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
how similar is this to the agreements put in place in germany and japan after ww2?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The Iraqi people won't take it and i question whether even this corrupt Iraqi government will, even with pressure from the U.S presence both militarily and through the contractors. They know if they do this is what the will be remembered for. Plus it will lead to their downfall in any 'election' or through the uprising it will inspire.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As you can see the Iraqi's are well aware of this deal and are already out in their tens of thousands protesting this deal. They will not be fooled again. What i want to know is where are the World-wide protest against this and the whole occupation?

news.yahoo.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Like I said before in another post, the Iraqis managed to repeal the oil deals, now in the northern regions of the country where the Kurdish dominate they went for the oil barons deals.

I agree that they will protest this deal also, but we know that the government of Iraq will be signing the papers at the end.

Only another wave of insurgency (protest) will only bring more US troops into their nation, remember McCain if becoming president is all pro surges in Iraq.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Given the economy and given the fact that Obama effectively castrated the Clinton machine... no small feat in and of itself... I have a feeling that Mr. McCain is as a president is dead on delivery... and if Obama really is a man of his word so is this so-called treaty.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your right. I think that these protests will have more affect on the government. From the article by Cockburn it seems that Nouri really does not want to be remembered for this and Cockburn has his ear to the ground in Iraq unlike many of the embedded journalists over there.

If it is signed, the insurgency will be reignited byond anything we have yet seen. America really needs to leave immediately and pump the extra dollars into it's own economy to save it from not a recession but a depression on the scale of 1929.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I think what is coming will make the great depression look like a picnic.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Hey but we got deceiving stimulus checks
at leas some did, that will cover for when the oil goes on 150 dollars a barrel by the 4 of July, then we will be using mules and horses to move around
with gas prices over 5 to 6 dollars a gallon.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I wanna invest in the carriage trade but I think the Amish have beaten me to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You know Grover, we laugh and make comments about the economical situation but the problem is greater that many may think.

My husband makes very good money, I mean very good, I do not need to work.

But he got into a mid life crisis, on his 50s birthday he went to Atlanta and bought a very nice sport car that is a gas hugger because is a fast car.

Now even with his pay increased this year he is working now on a part time job just to fill his new car up with gas.

I told him that it was not worth it, but he insisted that he has worked hard all of his life and he deserves to have what he wants.

I agree.

Sad but I agree.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That's also part of the equation.... Americans seem to think that they are entitled... all you have to do is fill in the blank...

... I had a very conservative neighbor of mine tell me the other day that it was our right as Americans to have cheap gas....

I told him he had been listening to way too much mush loosebowels.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Actually I may agree with your neighbor, see I am of the way of thinking that if we have oil in our nation we should be paying way less for our natural resources and not depending on foreign oil.

I feel that the whole thing about our reserves is nothing than a corporate power grab to keep the oil profitable for the private sector and the oil barons.

Hey I am an anarchist after all

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The oil problem isn't really related to Iraqi oil or even Middle Eastern. It is the specualtion that drives it. When Morgan Stanley comes out and says it will reach 150$ soon it then becomes an acceptable price for oil to be bought at.

It is a completly synthetic market. Demand worldwide is actually down 1 % as the production level has stayed pretty much the same. There is no shortage. It is also interesting how Israel threatens Iran on the same day as the unemployment rises in the U.S. It all appears very co-ordinated.

If Iraqi oil was producing as much as it could be it would still make no difference as it isn't the supply it's the selling. This is as good a point as any for the U.S U.K and the rest of the world to invest in renewable energy. And when i say invest i mean billions and billions of pounds, euroes and dollars.

Do it now!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join