It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

The question of the day is who is putting all this money into oil right now and why. I can answer the why part but I would love to know what entities have put the not millions but hundreds of billions of dollars into oil.

Some of the reason why is because of inflation and government polices that have made our currency worth crap. So some people are hedging their bets against inflation but putting money in commodities. But its not only people hedging inflation jacking the price up and this is what we have to start looking into. Who has interests in oil being this high and are they part of the money going into the system driving it up. This is what we need to find out.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nazi style regimes always like to document their crimes in laws and contracts and treaties that really only document crimes against humanity. Whether this goes through or not without a fight, the future of the world depends on citizens halting the machinery of the nwo police state. As in the Nuremburg trials, there will lots of documents or piles of psuedo-legal work that entrenched the regimes in place, that can be studied and determined crimes, with tons of signatures to convict. This of course is providing GOOD prevails in the end. Lets all work for that please. One day the time may come where that choice will be in our face, then and in the world that follows.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

This link is too a news story on the 'Deal' on the reuters website. The Deputy Prime minister of Iraq making it clear the American troops will not be given freedom of movement in Iraq, and that there are many different opinion's on the deal on both sides. The deal is basically to provide a legal mandate for continued American presence after Dec 31st when the U.N Mandate runs out.

Also mentions that 4 senators sent a letter to Gates and Rice complaining about the deal. The letter was signed by senior members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Democratic Sens. Joseph Biden of Delaware and John Kerry of Massachusetts as well as Republican Sens. Richard Lugar of Indiana and Chuck Hagel of Nebraska.

People are rising up against this both in Iraq and the U.S, Resist!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Another update as the deal begins to be more closely scrutinized.
news.yahoo.com...

Al-maliki is promising Tehran that Iraq will not be used as a launching pad to attack Iran. As we know one of the conditions of the deal is that America is allowed to strike any target outside Iraq from it's bases without Iraqi government permission.

Al-Maliki is caught between a rock and a hard place. If he agrees to the deal it could see a shattering of Iraqi Iranian relations. And if he doesn't the Americans have threatend to lift the immunity on Iraq's 50$ billion reserved in the U.S treasury. You can also predict that the Americans will attempt some kind of coup or support one as they did in Iran, Panama, Nicuragra, Chile, Vietnam etc etc ETC.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

this isnt about the reconstrcution of Iraq but the insurance that the US has its supply of natural resources.

hopefully the iraqi militia (both sides ) can join togther to ensure that there is a big enough backlash back in the US for the US adminstration to get out.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I saw the news on the meetings between Iraq and Iran, what a slap on the face of the US administration, when the country where our nation is spending trillions of dollars in a war is having friendly meetings with one of our axis of evil enemies.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

For all those American citizens who are smart enough to see through America's "MASTER SCAM.."

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cool a 51st State! Hopefully it will be cheap to move their. Maybe I could open a McDonald's in Baghdad! God I LOVE spreading democracy! The USA is A OK! GO BUSH!

Man, I really am just so stoked that we are able to colonize a country in the cradle of civilization! Maybe we can start shipping all the artifacts over here to the Motherland so we can all bask in the glory of our US heritage!

This is PROOF of the greatness of the G W Bush administration, especially the intellect and political savvy of Dick Cheney!

GOD BLESS AMERICA, THE LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE! VIVA DEMOCRACY!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would actually like to add the following thread as it contains a few links that can definitely add to his conversation. Especially since there's new developments coming out of Iraq concerning the US invasion or incursion into Iran.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It is indeed. But the fact is Iran has a legitamate sphere of influence in the region, America and the UK do not. I do not think if America leaves Iraq will come under Iranian domination, the Iraqi people will not allow it. The Iraqi people are a strong patriotic people and there is alot of oppisition to Iranian influence from the Sunni's and some of the Shia militias.

As an Englishman i can understand this oppistion. Although the U.S is an obvious ally it all seems to be one way when there is co-operation between our 2 countries. Obama recently promised a more equal partnership, hopefully WHEN he gets in he lives up to this.

Back to Iraq. Iraqi's appear to be rallying against this strongly...I still don't think it will be signed as Cockburn reported it.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Let there be no doubt now as to Americas intentions in Iraq. I truly hope there in a great uprising of Iraq's people, they should not loose their country and its resources this way. All Americans on Iraqi soil are a legitimate target, they want to stay healthy they should go back home where they belong. I have no sympathy for those US troops who suffer because of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here is another thread on the blackmail scam George Bush is setting up in order to force the Iraqi Governement to agree to the "security deal": www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I also saw this story about al-Maliki saying they won't allow the US to attack other countries from Iraq and started a thread on it.

Prime Minister: Iraq will not be used to 'damage' Iran

I think this is a big deal, because that basically means there is no point in having US permanent bases in Iraq, which I think was one of the reasons for invading.

edit to add: And what happens if al-Maliki doesn't agree to these terms? Will we overthrow the government AGAIN?

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If its Iraqis, they sure as hell ain't doing a good job. Look at how many millions of Iraqis are leaving the country. Indeed! Many of them doctors, teachers, engineers, etc. that the country needs. It will become a true failed state if the U.S. led coalition troops leave. Iraq will lose all those important people that it needs as resource to help keep the country going. Many of them are being targeted because they are considered heretics by Islamic fundamentalists, especially on the Shiite side of the equation.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

its a failed state because the US went in and destroyed the infrastructure of the country - and 5 years later nothing but death is still the otucome.

The US has to leave so the country can rebuild from the daily destruction being caused by the `allies` on the population.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Leave the country and expect the Iraqis will be all peaceful overnight and it becomes a prosperous country? Easy saying it then doing it? I can see the Iraqis killing each other by the millions when Shiites and Sunnis are being displaced without any American troops to help. Shiite influencial police especially when they helped killed Sunni imams and other civilians after retaliation for the bombings of Samarra mosque.

Did Afghanistan become a peaceful prosperous state after the Soviets withdrawed? Tell me what happened afterwards?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

The US has to leave so the country can rebuild from the daily destruction being caused by the `allies` on the population.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Harlequin]

"Allies" be more specific Harlequin. No time to be cryptic about it. Doesn't help your argument.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The soviets didn`t remove the entire government and piecemeal dismantle the infrastructure of the country. there is no comparison there.

Afghanistan was the right war , Iraq is not - wheres the UN mandates for the invsion of iraq? where is the truth that there was never any WMD`s - the UN said so , the world said so, the US said `we want a war so we will kill them all` and invaded then occupied then destroyed. the red cross body count of over a million iraqi`s dead as a direct result of the removal of `i wont do as the us tells me anymore` hussein.

oh you didn`t know he was the US`s best buddy in the 80`s? see that picture of rumsfeld - the US supplied iraq with all the intel they wanted about iran - oh yes iran , the country who removed the US puppet , and thus became the US enemy

do not be blinded by the pledge or deafened by the oath that you cannot see at the truth which is before your eyes

51st state? more like occupied france in WW2 - and guess who is playing the germans this time.

millions displaced? and what of the millions , bombed, blasted and raped out of there homes and families allready by the occu[ying forces and there paid for lackies *who believe laws dont apply to them*

to maintain the high ground the US should have gone in then left - 5 years later and well , the truth is out on who wants to rule the world.

"No one holds command over me. No man. No god. No Prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for ones who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me."

seems rather fitting, as hell is where we are all headed.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The industrial revolution started in Europe, btw. I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but I thought I should clear that up.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Okay, wait. So the American ancestors fought so hard for independence and sovereignty, risking life and limb to allow the US to separate from the empires control over it.

... and now they're installing themselves as an empire over Iraq?

Even a half baked pot head can figure it out... they're going to have a civil war to try to oust the empire, YOU. The Iraqi people are going to die for freedom, and the Americans are the ones who are trying to prevent freedom.

Didn't quite get that?
Let me dumb it down the way your media tends to...
Very soon, thanks to this proposal...
The Iraqis = Freedom loving good guys.
Americans = Fascist bad guys.

What a sad twist from what the US was intended to stand for.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join