It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
"The FDA has been successfully sued by Consumers for Dental Choice, forcing them to reclassify mercury amalgam fillings by June, 2009. This is the beginning of the end for the decades-long conspiracy between the ADA and FDA to protect the mercury fillings racket and implant neurotoxic chemicals into the mouths of children, teens and pregnant women".
And that's exactly what just happened. Consumers for Dental Choice teamed up with Moms Against Mercury (www.MomsAgainstMercury.org) to sue the FDA and its commissioner whose name sounds like an evil-minded villian right out of a Marvel comic book: Von Eschenbach. The lawsuit, entitled, Moms Against Mercury et al. v. Von Eschenbach, Commissioner, et al was concluded earlier this week with a reluctant agreement by the FDA to both change its website on the issue of mercury and to reclassify mercury within one year, following a period of public comment (which the agency will no doubt try to drag out as long as possible in order to avoid actually sticking to the terms of the lawsuit agreement).
* Is your dentist respecting you and your right to have an input into your treatment?
* Did the dentist explain the treatment clearly?
* Did the dentist explain the treatment options?
* Does the dentist invite you to ask questions? Does the dentist make you uncomfortable if you ask questions about your treatment?
* Is the dentist bullying you?
In dentistry there is no place for the dentist who is dominating and overbearing. Some dentists bully patients by:
* Being forceful in their manner.
* Accusing parents of neglect. This is a particularly powerful tool to convince a parent into agreeing for treatment for a young child.
* Intimidating you to make you feel uncomfortable about asking questions.
Beware, Meningococcal Disease, Hepatitis, AIDS, Glandular Fever, common gastric upsets and many other diseases can be, and will be, spread by dentists breaking the rules of infection control.
Note: In America 5 patients have died from AIDS that they contracted at the dentist. In Australia I have never known the dentist to be investigated when looking for reasons for the spread of Meningococcal Disease, AIDS, Hepatitis or glandular fever, however I had heard reports that strongly suggest the spread of infection following a visit to the dentist may be a serious problem in Australia.
Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
how would I go about ~JOINING IN~ on this lawsuit??
I am so ready............