It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers of Amalgam/Mercury Fillings Video - Actual Smoking Teeth Footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is the best and most credible documentary I have ever seen on the issue of Mercury or amalgam fillings that most of have. It is a must see if you or your loved ones have any fillings at all.

Amalgam fillings are toxic plain and simple and most people are being poisoned by their own mouth. Mercury attacks the nerve receptors of the human body and accumaltes in almost all vital organs.

I had all my amalgams removed in 1997 and started to feel like a new person almost immediately. When my dentist removed them he put then into a "Hazardous Waste Container". WTF! they are ok in my mouth, but now they have to be in a Hazardous Waste Container?

I asked him why and he gave a very vague answer. He also made a digital voice recording and made me sign a document saying I was the one that wanted them removed. ???? Maybe for future litigation?

Anyhow I got to thinking and did some more research and I found that the fillings once removed must go to a hazardous waste dump and if they are disposed of improperly will result in heavy fines.

I am not a researcher but lets see......It's fine in our mouths and they will swear up and down it's safe, but once remove they have to go to a toxic dump?? LOL!

Doctor himself:

"Somehow I just do not feel comfortable storing a material that the EPA has designated a waste disposal hazard. I cannot throw it in the trash or bury it in the ground.....so we have chosen not to stock it in our office."

www.devonshiredental.net...

I have also read somewhere on the net that when this all breaks open wide that it will make the cigarette issues look like a joke.

Amalgam Mercury Fillings Danger Documentary

Here is the link to the Documentary. Enjoy!

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Realtruth]

Mod edit: fixed typo by authors request

[edit on 2008/1/9 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've always been very wary of amalgam fillings, but the hazardous waste angle is a new one on me. Very interesting (very damning).

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They have to put anything that comes from/in contact with any other humans in hazardous waste containers due to illnesses. You could have AIDS, strep, Avian Flu, whatever...they must dispose of these objects properly to prevent infections from spreading.

But yes, the mercury in the fillings are dangerous. There has been a long debate about this. You made a wise decision on having those removed.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I've always been very wary of amalgam fillings, but the hazardous waste angle is a new one on me. Very interesting (very damning).

Thanks WyrdeOne. Many people don't question where things go, but I always do, if someone is taking something that belongs to me I want to know where it ends up. Most people just want to get in and out of the dentist as fast as they can. Same with the doctors.

Next time you go to the dentist ask to see the container they put the fillings in, some dentists say they recycle, but if they don't, it must go in the Hazardous Waste Bin, it looks a little bit like what they put disposable needles in.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, they are biohazard, because they could be infected with whatever you have - as has been said, but disposing of them is a touchy subject because they do contain mercury.

I imagine that the groundwater is more important than the health of an individual, but it still strikes me as odd...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did you all know that most countries in Europe have banned Dental amalgams?

And that many governments in Europe are paying to have the amalgams removed.

hmm wonder why?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
not knowing much at all about this, what are the white fillings made of?....do they also contain mercury?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Composite fillings are a mixture of glass or quartz filler in a resin medium that produces a tooth-colored filling. They are sometimes referred to as composites or filled resins. Here is a link to a site that gives more information if you like.

Fillings

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I guess it depends what you mean by 'white' fillings.

You might be thinking of the ceramic ones - I don't know anything about their mercury content/toxicity, though I imagine they're much safer than the greyish-white amalgam type.

Of course gold seems like the best, but they're hard as Hell to get these days, and most insurers don't cover them (which sucks).

If anyone's putting any metal in my mouth, it had damn well better be gold. :shk:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Composite fillings are a mixture of glass or quartz filler in a resin medium that produces a tooth-colored filling. They are sometimes referred to as composites or filled resins. Here is a link to a site that gives more information if you like.

Fillings

thanks mate

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I guess it depends what you mean by 'white' fillings.

You might be thinking of the ceramic ones - I don't know anything about their mercury content/toxicity, though I imagine they're much safer than the greyish-white amalgam type.

Of course gold seems like the best, but they're hard as Hell to get these days, and most insurers don't cover them (which sucks).

If anyone's putting any metal in my mouth, it had damn well better be gold. :shk:

White fillings have zero mercury in them. They are a composite substance.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

so what do people do when they have their fillings removed because of the mercury thing?....do they have an alternative put in, or just leave it altogether?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Another type of tooth-colored filling is called a resin ionomer, which releases fluoride useful for preventing tooth decay. I found this to be frightening as flouride is not healthy for our bodies, I especially do not want my teeth releasing it into my body. Sorry to stray off topic but I just found it to be scary how these people insert chemicals into our body through this manner, much like the amalgam filings.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was concerned about this for a while, too. Then I found out that the alamgam is NOT elemental mercury. It's a compound made of other elements, this renders it safe, it's presumed.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Another type of tooth-colored filling is called a resin ionomer, which releases fluoride useful for preventing tooth decay. I found this to be frightening as flouride is not healthy for our bodies, I especially do not want my teeth releasing it into my body. Sorry to stray off topic but I just found it to be scary how these people insert chemicals into our body through this manner, much like the amalgam filings.

No this is very important too. Did you know that we only need flouride when our teeth are developing and that it is useless after. My dentist told me this himself.

I did some research awhile back and found that people drinking flourinated water have a much more brittle bone content then ones that drink water from a well in the rural areas.

I don't remember the name of the study but what it said was people were sustaining more bone breakage, in the city, during low impact injury's as opposed to people sustaining the same type of impacts in the rural areas, drinking the well water that was not flourinated.

Also Florination does appear to reduce bone density.

So why if flouride is only good when teeth are developing are they putting it into the main water systems?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I was concerned about this for a while, too. Then I found out that the alamgam is NOT elemental mercury. It's a compound made of other elements, this renders it safe, it's presumed.

Hmm amazing information post your sources. Mercury is mercury. It matters not what form it is in. Mercury is toxic.

Even dentists are against using these days. Here is a doctor talking about it on his website.

Doctor himself:

"Somehow I just do not feel comfortable storing a material that the EPA has designated a waste disposal hazard. I cannot throw it in the trash or bury it in the ground.....so we have chosen not to stock it in our office."

www.devonshiredental.net...

And why is it if there are so safe that they use rubber dams when extracting them?

www.amalgam.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, I've had my mercury fillings for 40-some years and I feel fine.
My Dad is 77 and he's had his for years and he feels fine.
I have a 56 year-old hypochondriac sister who had hers removed years ago. She has a million other problems though.
To date, I don't know a single soul who has died of mercury related poisoning from fillings.
Removing these fillings will not cause immortality.
Until mine fall out, I'm not replacing them.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
And why is it if there are so safe that they use rubber dams when extracting them?

They use rubber damns when putting crowns on too. Or when doing root canals. I believe it's just in case anything rolls down into your throat and chokes you to death. This is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Well, I've had my mercury fillings for 40-some years and I feel fine.
My Dad is 77 and he's had his for years and he feels fine.
I have a 56 year-old hypochondriac sister who had hers removed years ago. She has a million other problems though.
To date, I don't know a single soul who has died of mercury related poisoning from fillings.
Removing these fillings will not cause immortality.
Until mine fall out, I'm not replacing them.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by rocknroll]

I don't know many people that died from smoking either or had any problem related to smoking. lol!

That's the same thing many smokers said in the begining. No problem believe what you want it's a free country.

Current research says you are incorrect.

www.mercurypolicy.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Mercury is mercury. It matters not what form it is in. Mercury is toxic.

Is drinking water like drinking hydrogen?

Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join