It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Lockheed aircraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So - what in hecks name is this ? and where does it fit into the linearage of stealth aircraft ?

Does any one have any idea at all or even educated guesses as to what this airframe could possibley be ? It looks like a manned version of the 'pumpkin seed', and yet thats pure conjecture to wether its a real airframe or not - however, after seeing this pic I am beggining to realise that there is a whole generation or two of airframes wrapped inside a vault of steel secrecy.

and I promise this is my last aircraft forum thread otherwise you'll get sick of my questions.......

Thanks to Canada_EH for the link - the piccies was a imageshack search find - no info on it...

So heres the speel on it !Rense

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
interesting that it has the skunkworks logo on the tail lol. Where did you find this Dan?

Perhaps some ones personal sketch of the "F-19" and it does bare a slight resemblance to the TESTORS model of the fictional 19.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
WEll this seems to be the root of it here.

By Mark McCandlish and Michael Schratt
Illustration by Mark McCandlish
Copyright September 2004
9-15-4

This caption is found under the image displayed in this thread @ this website.
www.rense.com...

The story given for the picture provided is as follows.

In 1979, a retired SR-71 pilot was flying a Lear jet north of what is commonly referred to as "Area 51". After breaking through a group of clouds, the pilot noticed a very strange looking aircraft just ahead and to his lower left position (he had been shadowing the craft for approximately 10 minutes). The aircraft measured approximately 65 feet in length. It was completely black in color, and had a "flattened football" or rounded diamond shape, and appeared slightly more elongated in the front half (see drawing by Mark McCandlish). The "X-15 like" cockpit was a fully enclosed blister that tapered back towards the aft end of the craft. There were two forward facing triangular windows on either side of a wedge shaped "splitter" pillar. The internally mounted engines were fed by two NACA air-intake ducts slightly aft and to either side of the cockpit. There were also two additional air-intakes on the lower surface of the aircraft. The craft featured what looked like trapezoidal shaped or "trap door" exhaust ports near the aft end. There were control surfaces on the leading and trailing edges. The most unique feature however, was a very unusual dorsal and ventral tail arrangement. The vertical stabilizer looked very similar in appearance to that of the old B-17 Flying Fortress, but with an identical stabilizer on the bottom. The lower ventral fin retracted sideways and up, to allow clearance for landing. This particular craft had afterburner capability.

I have no way of knowing at this point how accurate etc this story is nor have I heard it before. Any of the other posters may know what was ever turned up by this story or if it was ever disproved. Considering its an ex 71 pilot the story base is a small one that should be trackable.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thanks Canada_EH,
it was an untagged image in image shack - hence the WTF! question.

Now thats interesting that it mentions the pumpkin seed airframe and that insane external combustion technology.

Is it real or not ? who knows, but if they have PDWE (and we know for certain they do) why any need for another airframe ?

(unless its for hypersonic transatmospheric flights)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

From the story given it doesn't sounds like the PDWE timeline doesn't line up with the one you've given???

*Anyways must run, meetings to attend too lol. Glad to have been of help.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thats why i didn't add it to the time line.

This is a seperate conventional airframe with after burning engines. A PDWE would of past them before they had time to blink.

But its another 'why can we not have it declassified' article. Its 20 years old - could it really be that high tech it still needs to be hidden ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

from

Lockheed Martin

OK so this threads a bit of a mishmash, but I am interested in those airframes that are still 'cloaked' out at the fringes of the poster, and that troop transport that looks very very stealthy.

So... any one got any input on these three ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
RENSE...thats its new designation...Canada and Dan please don't buy intothe crap that rense spews about secret aircraft....they see a flicker in the sky and someone reports it as black project WITHOUT ANY proof. I have been reading the forums for a while before I joined and you 2 seem fairly intelligent...don't beleive the hype guys and get away from rense.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
OK I have found a very weird discrepency in Lockheed Martins poster.

The LMC-X. look at its flaired tails, stealthy wing and general layout. Now have a look at this art work from Northrop Grumman.

Now what the heck is all that about ? is it a joint venture ? or why would LM have Northrops design on it or visa versa ?

Flight Global

So... whos right ? Lockheed martin or Flight Global ? or is it a joint venture ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

It may be right, it may be wrong, but to discount it ? a retired SR-71 pilots going to have one hell of a alot of aviation knowledge and experience, and if he says thats what he saw, then until its proven to be an out and out lie I will place it in the 'maybe' file and not the bin.

Rense may not be the best source, but some times the last place you'd think of having a good solid bit of info is your best bet.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
dan tana, i am curious, is this your name or are you just a big fan of bad american tv shows? answer carefully

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Dan I saw your last post about the craft your wife spotted off the coast....I think it was a real stealth UAV...that being said my friend, RENSE is SOOO unreliable in matters....almost as bad as WIKI...they can change what they want too when they wnat to. I AM TRYING TO GET YOU TO SEE THE TRUTH...RENSE IS BAD!!!...lol. Come back to the fold my friend.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
dan tana, i am curious, is this your name or are you just a big fan of bad american tv shows? answer carefully

answer carefully? for chrissakes! WHY? and in what way did your post contribute to this thread?

With that said, the LMC-X looks to me like it could be a proposal for a future transport and/or aerial refueling platform.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Lockheed Martin and Gruman are one corp since '94. So its definatly a team effort. Very interesting design.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Lockheed Martin and Gruman are one corp since '94. So its definatly a team effort. Very interesting design.

Zindo

Thats not what Northrop Grumman have to say about life. Nowhere on their home page is there a single breath about being owned by Lockheed Martin.

Northrop

and this pdf says that they are seperate entities.

Northrop complaint against Lockheed Martin

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Thats looks like the same craft in the movie contact.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As i havent seen the film I wouldn't know.

Do you have any pics at all ? Add them if you can that would be great.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just to clarify I don't think Dan is taken what is being said at RENSE as whole truth. Also the original Image was one that he found else where on the inter webs. The fact that they qualify this sighting by claiming it was from a SR-71 pilot flying a Lear should limit the number of possible people this could of been.

Extremely skeptical am I about this story though the imagery and story are entertaining.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Once again I Proudly proclaim myself firmly insconced with foot in mouth syndrome. I have no idea what in hell I was thinking when I posted that. Sorry folks, Maybe I shouldn't post when I have been awake for a 38 hours stretch!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
After 24 hours awake I can safely say I wouldn't let myself near my keyboard... 38 hours ? crikey Mickey thats a marathon

I am not taking rense seriously at all - what I will say is that if a retired SR-71 pilot sees some thing and comes forward and shares it, it at least deserves to be borne in mind.

I will however bear in mind your warning about Rense. Thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join