It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Yes, you make a good point.
If we are to believe BoulderMD, we have to dismiss all the members who pointed out the irregularities in his use of medical terminology.
We have to dismiss the police log as altered and dismiss the reporter who checked both the police and the hospital.
We have to believe that even though he urged us to verify his claims, there was no need to do so.
Maybe he asked too much?
[edit on 6/6/2008 by garyo1954]

Well apparently some here think there may be a giant conspiracy to debunk this. Keep in mind there were supicious "trainers" involved, men in suits no less, so one can only guess who they represent and what power they weild. It is possible that "the powers that be" wanted the story hushed up so they used their contacts within the police department to make the police reports disappear. They forced the reporters that may have heard about it to hush the story. And then when this Doctor appeared and started talking about it, they used their influence to get half of the posters on ATS to debunk the story because it is simply too highly sensitive to let it leak out.

They have so much power and influence that it seems easier to simply utilize their thousands of co-conspirators if something leaks, rather than just keeping the renegade and extremely valuable psychic on a short chain.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by airborne82ndscout

I have read your posts with interest and must say that I heartily disagree with your suggestion that this poster is 'categorically 100% not a doctor'. I have many years of experience in ER and felt that the op was genuine and conveying a real experience, (whether or not something paranormal was happening is, for me, still open to question). After careful consideration of his ordering of events, use of medical procedures and the general feel of the account, his story unfolds as probable ER encounter with a 'strange in manner' patient.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A thought experiment: Suspend our disbelief for a moment and consider ..... If I had witnessed/participated in an event of this magnitude, knowing ATS somewhat, I would feel comfortable discussing it here, but the LAST thing I would want to happen would be to have my local community in the know. Why? I still have to make a living, and there are certainly those that have a high probability -- at least where I live -- toward disrupting my wherewithall based upon a judgement of 'freak' or 'crazy' or worse. I would intentionally misrepresent location and other variables in an attempt to keep personal data hidden. I would probably be hoping against hope for someone with knowledge in this unknown arena, and I might feel endangered and concerned most of all for my family.

I would hope for a presumption of innocence, and discussion. Now, I realize I'm a new member to ATS, but have read quite a bit here and other sites. Yes, I'm a dreaded lurker. Most of what I read here and much of what I hypothesize and believe possible or true is considered an indicator of possible insanity in the mainstream world. Now, if you live in a large population mass, you can indulge in feeling somewhat insulated and anonymous. If you don't, it is much easier to find a person. IF, during the course of this hypothetical event I've posed, someone searches and finds my name, IP, location, whatever.... and POSTS it, then then I'm done, and regret having opened myself up to additional risk.

I think it's a good thing to approach personal experiences told such as MD's with scepticism and many of you have been down this road before. I think it's a balance though. If a person's emphasis is on debunking for kudos of some manner rather than an exploration of the truth, it seems easy to risk filtering out the two or three viable stories.

I myself would be highly suspicious of a tale that had all the loose ends tied up. It would likely feel rehearsed, pre-written, planned and concocted.

I hope when the 'real' photos, and 'real' stories come our way, we don't miss them in our fervor to debunk them. In this modern digital time, I don't see how we will recognize them. Many photos are either "too blurry" or "too sharp" aka - CGI.

Just food for thought. I remain sceptically interested in MD's story.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Winefried

well i hope all of your years can top my ol'lady's mom's "mum's for the uker's" 50 years and 20 of those running the er because after reading her the story and in all reality only part of the story she cleared her throat and said BULL PUCKY . and then after showing her the op's posted picture she handed me the exact same items so i could photograph them for you all . thats when my doubt started and from just those two points on i felt that he must qualify himself in order to be taken seriously in my eyes .
if you want to tell a story of that magnitude and claim your a medical doctor without any kind of real proof and be believed than you should be prepared to prove it to anyone that you are trying to convince .
the implications of both the claims are very serious one's and by mot making the op qualify himself right from the start is not a reliable way to investigate this very serious story .it has to be taken with a grain of salt .
everyone who are convinced that he works in a hospital from the photo that he posted must have missed the one that was posted later in the thread by an un-named ironworker who's closest thing to working in a hospital was building one . the photo does not qualify him or anyone else as to being an er doctor . the fancy medical words that he wrote , well i could duplicate all of them with the 12 medical books that we have in the book case right next to my computer .
so in short you have all failed the test miserably and must start over in order to get that passing grade.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by ironman433]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Understand what you're saying; I didn't miss any of the threads or responses. Let me ask you something: As I indicated in my previous post here, just suppose something like this happened to you.... would you disclose traceable details?

Again, not saying I accept either MDs tale or the assessment of debunking. There is room for error either way, IMO. I'd like to see more. According to one of our Mods, the original OP won't be returning. Can we glean any concrete information from this action? I can't. I can guess what it means. I wish we'd have had an opportunity to let it all play out.

All situations present an opportunity to learn. I know I've learned things from watching this and the origional MD thread. Maybe that's as good as it gets.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

honestly knowing how over confident and arrogant that er doctors are i wouldn't of posted it on the internet to start with . it would have bounced around in my head for quite some time and thats where it would have stayed .
er doctors are very much over confident and cocky which by all rights they must be to handle situations in an er . and that would mean that if i did post the story here i would have been comfortable posting the predictions because they weren't those of my own . and i wouldn't have risked my occupation on a forum on the web where i don't know or necessarily trust anyone . so the hospital info would never have made it on the web for sure .

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Your post though interesting does not change my opinion. We must agree to differ

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
that's o.k. i'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything . my only mission is to lay the common sense out on the table . it's up to the individual person to follow the trail . if what you believe is different from what i believe that is to my advantage because i now know how to deal with you when encountering you .
you can't force common sense on people you can only hope that they recognize it and use it in the future sir .
no insult intended to you so please dont take it as one .

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
-Kdial1

I don't know about procedure at this ER where the Dr. works, but at the one where I worked, if people came in and said they were in an auto accident that included injuries, and if they indicated that they had not called the police, by law we had to.

Also, people can't get reimbursed from their insurance company if they don't have a police report and an ER or physician report.

see what you just did there , again, you ' Assumed' it was an automobile accident, sorry re-read the original thread and come back and tell me where it says vehicles were involved. peace out

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

M Night Scammerman has not made a decent movie yet. None of his movies are scary, and one is downright stupid. The alien movie with Mel Gibson. Beings who can walk through walls and suspend time aren't going to come across the universe to be locked out of a house or melted with a glass of water like the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
see what you just did there , again, you ' Assumed' it was an automobile accident, sorry re-read the original thread and come back and tell me where it says vehicles were involved. peace out

common sense tells you that if the victim's came from the freeway like the op stated then 99% sureity that it was an automibile accident and 1% that it didn't .which would you bet your money on

if you living your life on the 1% than all i have to say is good luck you have a rough road ahead of friend .

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am sorry but this is hardly a prediction-

Subject:
sent: 4-6-2008 at 10:41 PM
Hello,

I see that the thread has been locked. *SNIP TO REMOVE TEXT NOT PERTAINING TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND.SNIP* I will, however, go on record as saying that people are very far off base talking about the end of the world and such. The things in his predictions that make me feel uneasy are about his predictions of the physics discovery. They have nothing to do with CERN or the Large Hadron Collider (which I had to google to even find out what it was). The prediction is regarding an east coast research facility at a top school. According to his statement to me they will discover something in 5 days from now that will change what we know of physics (specifically energy and matter as we understand them). He stated that they will go on to win the Nobel prize and that the discovery will change everything (oil reliance being the major point).*SNIP. THE TEXT FROM THIS POINT ON CONTAINS NO INFORMATION BEARING ON PREDICTIONS.SNIP*

Anyone who is a physycist, and has been following the latest breakthroughs of new iron-based super conducters, could have made this prediction a month ago. As far as them winning a noble prize, that is a basically a given IF this technology keeps on heading the way it's heading.

I'm still skeptical, but I'm still entertained. So good on you BoulderMD.

But did this guy give you anything more specific, some type of prediction that no one could have known about that will occur in say a week or two, like a disaster. I mean predicting this Superconductor break-through isn't all that great of an achievement seeing as how they have been on the "cuspe" of busting this thing wide open for the last half year. The article even goes on to say, it will take man, many more weeks before we even see if these new iron-based conductors can work at room temperatures and solve the worlds energy problems.

I mean really, any with a subscripbtion to "Physics Today" magazine (i made that up, clever eh?), could have made the above prediction.

I'ts gonna take a prediction that is a bit more UN-predictable to make me a believer.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433

common sense tells you that if the victim's came from the freeway like the op stated then 99% sureity that it was an automibile accident and 1% that it didn't .which would you bet your money on

if you living your life on the 1% than all i have to say is good luck you have a rough road ahead of friend .

not all of life is explainable and nothing in this post is about 'common sense' , sorry did i say i personally live my life on the 1% , i dont like your tone to be honest and all i was trying to point out is ; He didnt dam well say it was an auto accident, dont put words where they werent in the first place, if you have a problem with me pointing that out then tough luck, you know nothing , diddly squat about me so dont assume you do.

trying to fix the quotes , but its screwed up ah well

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Mindsmog]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
so what are you saying other than the very unlikely ? people are trying there hardest to make sense out of this story and by bringing the very unlikely into it only makes it harder for them to do that .
so basically what you are stating is that you live your life in the 99% range but still believe and post the 1% as if it were a distinct possibility equal to the 99% ?
which do you believe the more likely or the less likely ? you have to believe something here or else your words aren't meaning a whole lot .

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
lol ironman only you stated that it is a 99% chance of an auto accident, thats just your ' OPINION' , let it lie , i can obviously see you are spoiling for an argument and i cant be bothered, lets just leave it it at this

the OP never stated the accident was involving vehicles, this is fact therefore true, some people on this board tried to cloud this statement by implying vehicles were involved, this is assumption only as it hasnt been proved nor disproved , however it wasnt mentioned by the OP, all im saying is stop adding snippets of information that were never there to begin with , its a bit like chinese whispers , only people do it on ATS all the time to confuse people.

i would also add i never once said i believed this post or disbelieved it, although i do admit i have a good 'gut feeling' about this
i just dont like peoples stories getting altered piece by piece. the one perosn i do agree with on this board so far though is the moderators they have summed it up very well , key word ' red herrings' to protect identity.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Evasius

M Night Scammerman has not made a decent movie yet. None of his movies are scary, and one is downright stupid. The alien movie with Mel Gibson. Beings who can walk through walls and suspend time aren't going to come across the universe to be locked out of a house or melted with a glass of water like the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz.

I kinda enjoyed signs, but only because of the decent acting performance by Joaquin Pheonix. The scene when he's holed up in the closet, yelling at the kids on the television to get out of the way, so he can see the alien, and the you see it, and he nearly falls out of his chair, it was a nice suprise, but really the only good scene in the entire film. The rest of the film was entirely too far-fetched even for a sci-fi horro film.

The whole wife telling gibsons character to tell Pheonix's to "swing away" was just downright corny, and really made no sense to me at all. Why didn't she just say "Throw water on them". But I think Pheonix put in a good enough performance, to make the movie good for a rainy day.

I do however agree with you on M Night, mostly all of his movies do not interest me, but at least I was able to make it through Signs. The Village was one of the worst films of recent memory, I cannot think of anything worse. What a waste of time I spend watching that movie, I believe I turned it off about half way through when I had figured out what the lame twist ending was gonna be.

But - I do not believe these "BoulderMD threads" are a Viral campaign for the movie The Happening, here is the plot to "The Happening" from Wikipedia:

"A family is on the run from a mysterious, inexplicable, unstoppable event that threatens not only humankind – but the most basic human instinct of them all: survival. The way this event threatens the human race is in three stages. The first stage is the loss of speech, the second stage is physical disorientation, and the third stage is suicide."

Has nothing to do with BoulderMD's post in any stretch of the imagination.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
o.k. i understand what you are saying . i am interested in what you feel people should be thinking at this point . assuming that it was an accident involving vehicles considering that it happened on a freeway where there is very unlikely some to very likely no foot traffic how would it being a vehicle accident make the story any different ? and why would pointing it out make any difference in how true or not true the op's story is . and why would you feel the need to make a stand on a point that is moot in this case?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by shug7272

Hmmm...HIPPA...HIPAA...seems to me a LOT of people spell or type this "wrong." I wouldn't base a thing on it. These are just a few....

www.nmfa.org...

lwd.dol.state.nj.us...

www.ncdot.org...
If a DOCTOR doesnt know what it means, I wouldnt trust him to take my vitals.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply.
In my opinion common sense can only be based upon individual experience, it is not a universal truth or a scientific fact. In this case, common sense to me, based upon my experience, is that the op relates a series of events dealing with a patient in ER that I identify with (apart from the specific content of the patient's conversation) having been in similar situations myself. Therefore the incident is credible.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
-Kdial1

I don't know about procedure at this ER where the Dr. works, but at the one where I worked, if people came in and said they were in an auto accident that included injuries, and if they indicated that they had not called the police, by law we had to.

Also, people can't get reimbursed from their insurance company if they don't have a police report and an ER or physician report.

Uhmmm, the quote was mine. I do believe Kdial1 was responding to me.

I assumed since the accident was descibed as taking place on or near a road it was some sort of vehicular accident. It could have been a bicycle accident for all I know. I do believe it was mentioned that there were multiple patients being brought in at the same time as "scalp lac." Yes, I may be assuming it was a car accident, which could be wrong. My quote was to point out what the proceedure was at the hospital I worked at regarding vehicle accidents and calling the police if they had not been notified of the accident.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join