It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obamaism - Swaying the gullible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso

We can’t talk about his big ears 'cause that makes him nervous,
We can't talk about his mother,
We can't talk about his father.
We can't talk about his grandmother unless he does, brings her up as a "typical white person."
We can't talk about his wife,
We can't talk about his preacher,
We can't talk about his terrorist friends,
We can't talk about his voting record,
We can't talk about his religion.
We can't talk about appeasement.
We can't talk about color; we can't talk about lack of color.
We can't talk about race.
We can't talk about bombers and mobsters who are his friends.
We can't talk about schooling.
We can't talk about his name, "Hussein."
We can't talk about his lack of experience.
We can't talk about his income.
We can't talk about his flag pin.

Oh you poor baby.

Since you can't discredit him using character assissination... You might actually have to discuss the issues.... Don't ya just hate it when that happens?

You are wrong on one count... you can talk about his voting record

Every other thing you listed are either lies, fabrications or irrelevant.

His ears are irrelevant...
His mother is irrelevant...
His father is irrelevant...
His grandmother's race is irrelevant...
His wife is his business... she is not running for office.
His preacher is irrelevant...
His terrorist friends... prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt!
His religion is irrelevant...
Appeasment... its your opinion...
His Color and race are irrelevant...
His friends... no politician is clean... can you say Keating five?
His schooling is irrelevant...
His middle name is irrelevant... Hussien is a common name in east Africa and the middle east used by both Christians and Arabs alike.
His lack of experience... like uncurious george had any...
His income is irrelevant unless proven otherwise...
His flagpin is irrelevant...

What is relevant is whether the man can do the job or not.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grover

You are wrong on one count... you can talk about his voting record......

Every other thing you listed are either lies, fabrications or ilrevelant.

Ok, I"ll bite, what exactly about his voting record makes him qualified to do the job or not? Many of the things you consider irrelevant, many do consider relevant especially given his lack of resume.

I await your answer on his actual Senate voting record as his primary qualification to be President. BTW, how many years has he been in the Senate?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What made bush minor qualified to do the job?

The fact that his daddy was president before him or the fact that he was a one and a half term governor in a state where the governor has little real power...

... I will go dig up Obama's voting record but really the only things that truly matter as I was trying to point out is whether or not the man can do the job... and he is if anything certainly intelligent enough... no C average frat boy that one.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

He had more head executive experience than Mr. Obama has, that's for sure. Bush is the first President to have an MBA, from Harvard Business School. Don't you find it odd that you have to look up Obama's achievements, you can't name one off the top of your head?

Jimmy Carter supposedly had one of the highest IQ's of a President, didn't help us much. So since Obama's voting record is irrelevant now as well as you seem to say, what exactly qualifies him to be President....He can give a good Speech?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by pavil]

[edit on 6-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ah yes, the experience factor...

It is obvious that bush has been assisted by family to get to where he is today, considering the last state in 2000 was under his brother, Jeb, and his father as former US president makes this fact more so. Bush didnt have to work his way up from nothing, he didnt have such odds against him and he certaintly had the demographics in middle america at the time to push him to where he is. This could also go for Hillary Clinton as well. Just because John McCain served in military doesnt mean he should be president. All the candidates pass requirements for becoming POTUS.

G.W. Bush

-Bush studied at Yale University for 4years where he earned a bach in art and history. (1964-1968)

- Joined the Air National Guard, he was promoted to first lieutenant

-Ran his families oil business.

-Bush tried to apply into the University of Texas School of Law but was rejected (1970).

-Bush entered Harvard business school in 1973 and earned his Masters in Business Administration. He is indeed the first US president to hold and MBR degree.

-Became Texas governor in 1994 and a served 1 and half term in the position. Ran for president for the first time in 1996.

John McCain

-Graduated from US naval academy in 1958, became naval aviator.

-Fought in the Vietnam war, was held as POW.

-Left/retired Navy in 1981, elected as U.S. House of Representatives from Arizona

-Was elected to US senate in 1986.

B.H. Obama

-Studied at Occidental College but then transferred to Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations. Bachelor of Arts in 1983.

- Worked for the Business International Corporation and New York Public Interest Research Group.

-Director of the Developing Communities Project, worked under the church.

-Entered Harvard Law School in 1988. First black president for the Harvard Law Review. Completed J.D. degree in magna cum laude.

-Worked as associate attorney with Miner Barnhill & Galland for around 10yrs. Also taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School during this period of time (9yrs). Was recommended by Chicago University, referred as proffessor.

-Joined the Illinois Senate from 1997-2004. 2004 to present joined the U.S. Senate. Was elected with 70% of vote.

Hillary Clinton

-Yale Law School in 1973, persued a career in law.

-Was named partner at Rose Law Firm (first female). Worked as Congressional legal counsel. Was twice listed as top 100 lawyers in U.S.

- Worked on the boards of Wal-Mart during 80s. Worked for other corperations, unable to retrieve anymore information on that.

-Married Bill Clinton in and became first lady from 1993-2001.

-Clinton was elected as senator for New York State in 2000

I guess your experienced in this world when you have family name recognition and connections eh?

Now what qualifies one to become POTUS?

Well the constitution states that:
-You must be a natural born US citizen.
-You must be atleast 35yrs old
-Must have been a permanent resident in the US for 14yrs.

Theres no indication of having certain experience however in this day and age some experience in government is necessary.

So according to the constitution on basic requirements for POTUS, all the above candidates qualify.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Yeah, I noticed that you padded Obama's resume as much as possible, while downplaying McCain's resume.

You forgot to point out that Obama is related to Cheney, and that his sucession to the Cheney regime fits well into the family's control. How did Obama jump around colleges, and wind up going to the most prestigious University in the country, if not the most expensive. Seriously, if you paid attention to the details, Obama is as groomed, in not more groomed, for the job than GW was.

Who is more like GW, McCain or Obama?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Yeah, I noticed that you padded Obama's resume as much as possible, while downplaying McCain's resume.

You forgot to point out that Obama is related to Cheney, and that his sucession to the Cheney regime fits well into the family's control. How did Obama jump around colleges, and wind up going to the most prestigious University in the country, if not the most expensive. Seriously, if you paid attention to the details, Obama is as groomed, in not more groomed, for the job than GW was.

Who is more like GW, McCain or Obama?

thats all I got buddy, i wasnt trying to prep up anything. Go and check out McCains history, just type it on google.

For your other arguement here against my post, im sorry but I want evidence, not hearsay and speculation and not some kind of conspiracy theory backed up by evidence that is, well, just more conspiracy. If you come back to me with an important arguement like say his policies or the judgement between the candidates during their time in the senate I'd be happy to reply to you. I aint ganna waste my time on this garbage you all go going here.

Funny how you fellas never seem to debate the relevant issues in electing POTUS, I mean I know this is a conspiracy website and all but whats with this habit of posting propaganda and having no real evidence to back it up? I mean is it that hard to debate the real issues or has the republican party lost so much credibility that you all have to rely on smear campaigns, conspiracy theories and propaganda to make some kind of point?

[edit on 7-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Not really... I am not really an Obama supporter, I preferred Edwards... I am defending him from these attacks however because they are nothing more than ugly smears... and for the most part irrelevant as to whether he can do the job or not, and no not really because when I replied I wanted to be accurate.

I have no interest in trying to type all of this out so here is the source... read it if you want and make your own decisions.

projects.washingtonpost.com...

and another link to his voting record:

www.votesmart.org...

[edit on 7-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
you can talk about his voting record

Yes. It's rather easy. Mr. 'Change' voted 'present' 130 times.
That's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally gunna' change things.

And what do most employers look for as their #1 reason for hiring someone to do the job? The MOST IMPORTANT feature an employer looks for - experience. The higher the job level, the more experience required.

Originally posted by grover
What made bush minor qualified to do the job?

Top 3 -
- he had been govenor.
- he had international experience.
- he was running against John 'Winter Soldier' Kerry who was a major disaster and much worse then Bush.

Originally posted by pavil
since Obama's voting record is irrelevant now as well as you seem to say, what exactly qualifies him to be President....He can give a good Speech?

See my signature? Click on the OMG - Hillary is right!

Originally posted by Perplexed
I agree with a lot of Flyersfans posts but if he were on what I thought was the wrong side of the issue I would go at it....

Pssssssssst ... I'm a girl.

Originally posted by POSTmajor
what in the world makes you think Obama is a snob??? dont tell me you believe that Clinton-inspired media bull about him calling people "bitter".

Um .. you do know that Obama said exactly that, don't you? That people are 'bitter and cling to guns and religion' .... there were tons of threads on it here and it was in his own words. He was taped, without his knowledge, while he chatted with rich people on the west coast ... while they were talking-down about the white-working class of Pennsylvania, etc etc

It wasn't 'clinton-inspired media'. It was Obama. And, for the record, the media wasn't fair to Hillary Clinton at all. Fox was. But BSNBC and the rest were definately NOT 'Clinton inspired'.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In 2000... bush minor had one and a half terms as a governor of a state where the governor has little actual power... and other than being his father's son, he had zero foreign policy experience.

In terms of his work in the Senate... Obama has far more experience than uncurious george had at the same point in his campaign.

Also given the fact that a relative upstart was able to beat the formidable Clinton machine should not be discounted. It speaks volumes about his abilities.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can't imagine how he can be elected the "first African American president" when he is of mixed race...

Originally posted by SnobGobbler
The saddest thing to me is if he is elected as the first African American president he could end up being the worst president we ever had when there are so many better African American leaders that havn't been leading a self rightous and prideful life. Vote for your little puppet it makes no difference, we are screwed for the next 4 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lucien

SIGH!!! ALL of America's African-American population here more than a generation or two are of mixed race.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucien
I can't imagine how he can be elected the "first African American president"

I have encountered this ignorance all over the Internet. Look up "African American" if you don't know what it means. Obama's father was African (from Sub-Saharan Africa [Kenya]). His mother was American... If he's not African American, then NOBODY is! LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My late wife was Chinese/Portuguese/English/Dutch and Black... more than any other group the African-American population is the true melting pot race of the United States...

ever hear of the Melungeons? They are a perfect example.

The prejudice against darker skin tones kept most whites from marrying or breeding with darker skins...

... even in Paulette's family the prejudice of always marry someone lighter than you existed... I know I actually heard her tell her daughters that once.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yes. It's rather easy. Mr. 'Change' voted 'present' 130 times.

Out of how many votes? 4,000? Well, then that's a pretty good record, I'd say!

The MOST IMPORTANT feature an employer looks for - experience. The higher the job level, the more experience required.

And he has more experience than Hillary. But experience isn't the only quality that's important. After all...

Washington experience is fine, but as we've seen with Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld - two architects of the failed Iraq war and incidentally men with decades of Washington experience - it means nothing without good judgment.

The question we should be asking ourselves is not whether Obama has enough experience, but whether he has the experience necessary to have the judgment required to be president? As the only major presidential candidate to oppose the Iraq war from the start, that answer is clearly yes.

Source

See my signature? Click on the OMG - Hillary is right!

That was when Obama was her rival. She's saying something quite different today.
Proves my point that she says whatever she thinks people want to hear.

And, for the record, the media wasn't fair to Hillary Clinton at all. Fox was.

FOX is always "fair" to those they want to win! LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Grover

Thanks for the reply and links, but I am well aware of his voting history and sponsoring of bills. He has never really show much initiative as a legislator in the US Senate, hardly ever tries to reach over party lines to "get things done" and continues to not vote on a lot of legislation.

He lacks the experience of being a CEO of a large group, the campaign doesn't count as they are all just yes men to him. In the smallest part of foreign policy he has shown the same pandering and lack of real thought that we have witnessed before. At the AIPAC meeting he says Jerusalem should not be divided and be Israel's Capitol, then backtracks on that when the Palestinians get miffed about that statement. That is a very recent incident of his lack of ability to handle foreign affairs. Do you want him doing that in a Crisis as President?

The real questions of this election is going to be these three things:

1. Are you really going to vote in the most liberal Senator as President. Don't think the public will not know about his record this Fall.

2. Are you ready to vote for someone who doesn't reach across the aisle for bipartisan efforts. His "change" is more of the same partisan warfare we have seen in Congress.

3. Is America ready to hand the job of Commander in Chief to someone who has no experience in either running a large government or someone who has little if any foreign policy experience? Being President in today's world is not a learn on the job gig, you have to be ready Day 1 to handle all the job entails.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

His being liberal doesn't bother me one bit and as for no experience.... I present you... uncurious george.

The campaign is going to be all about the economy... and the Republicans are dead in the water.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
One must agree with the objective posters, especially those who refer to Obama as just a pretty face or "nice house, nobody home" personality who is being sold to the masses by media glitz and glamour. I think the mindless adoration of the pro BO voters scares me more than having that idiot near any nuclear weapons. This country needs experienced, mature leadership more than ever before.
ABBO
(Anyone But Barack Obama)

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I think it will be about much more than the economy, which BTW Presidents get credit for or blame for when they really don't control it in the least.

Like it or not we are in a "war" mode still with AQ, Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran all "on the table". The Democrats will be making a huge error if they try to focus soley on the economy, especially with a platform of repealling tax cuts, which the public will se as tax increases in a time of increasing economic hardship.

Add on top of that McCain's "independent/mavarick" tag and alot more "blue" States are up for grabs than last election. Wisc. MN, Ohio, Michigan, Pennslyvania and New Hampshire are in play this year. I can only think of a couple of Southern Red States up for grabs.

Electoral College speaking, Obama is fighing an uphill climb.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Exactly what conspiracy theory needs to be backed up by evidence according to you? I used the evidence you presented, cast it in new light using your attacks against GW, against Obama. Obama is just another ivy league empty suit, that's what his resume says, who knows how to kiss the right behinds.

Like the rest of the Obamatrons you seem incapable at looking at things from a different perspective, especially when that perspective shows the guy behind the curtain manipulating your new messiah.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join