It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obamaism - Swaying the gullible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And posting facts and exposing corruption isn't 'trying to sway' anyone.
It is what it is .... just exposing the facts.

What about "rumors" then? Let's say, about a certain tape about his wife and the word "whitey"?

They were actually discussing this tape on talk radio the other morning. I was amazed! But the consensus was Americans have such a short memory span that to release it now would give the Democrats ample time to gloss over it, Obama to make another couple of racially unifying speeches and people to forget about it.

If it exists, we'll see it released come October. Of that much I am sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why people don't like barack hussein obama;

We can’t talk about his big ears 'cause that makes him nervous,
We can't talk about his mother,
We can't talk about his father.
We can't talk about his grandmother unless he does, brings her up as a "typical white person."
We can't talk about his wife,
We can't talk about his preacher,
We can't talk about his terrorist friends,
We can't talk about his voting record,
We can't talk about his religion.
We can't talk about appeasement.
We can't talk about color; we can't talk about lack of color.
We can't talk about race.
We can't talk about bombers and mobsters who are his friends.
We can't talk about schooling.
We can't talk about his name, "Hussein."
We can't talk about his lack of experience.
We can't talk about his income.
We can't talk about his flag pin.

This started out we can't call him a liberal.
It started out we just couldn't talk about his ears.
Now we can't say anything about him.

Will the real "Hussein" please stand up!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blixx
YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT. Seriously, it was proven in the 2000 election...

It was proven this week when Hillary won the popular vote but Obama got the delegates and therefore probably the nomination.

McCain, Obama, Clinton – birds of a feather

Originally posted by grover
There are two and only two words to describe why Barack Obama has gotten so far so fast and those two words are... george bush.

That's definately a major part of it. For sure.

He's young... He has little experience... He's black...

... and that's his total resume. Pretty pathetic. But you are right Grover. because of George Bush, this empty resume is going to look like gold. Pretty damn sad.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I've found that no matter how many facts about Obama's corruption you show an Obamatron, they don't care and they wont' listen. My sisterinlaw actually just giggled and giggled when REZKO and Obama's corruption were brought up. Just like a kid with her fingers in her ears singing la-la-la-la-la ... she refused to hear it.

Cant' 'sway' any of them.

I might be wrong,

but maybe it was due to the nature of the evidence presented to claim he was corrupt. maybe it was really weak, spun stuff to try to make him look bad that was laughable.

for instance, i have nothing against you flyersfan, and I think you're a good poster here at ATS. but one thing I can say is, you can definitely tell that you have it out for Obama. why? the world may never know, or care, but it is the truth. and so when we really dislike someone with a passion, sometimes we can find ourselves "going over the top" trying to make said person look bad. sometimes i notice this in some of the things you mention about Obama and go after him over. A couple of your gripes are valid, but alot tend to be coming from the angle of .. you sounding like you're being paid by the Mccain camp. I know you arent, you may not even like Mccain, I'm just explaining in detail.

edit: You go after him like most people have been going after George Bush for the past 8 years.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Big babies huh?

Yes, big babies. Over the last several weeks I've talked to a lot of people from all walks of life and who supported a variety of candidates, and very many expressed their opinion that Obama and his supporters were acting like babies, whiners, thin-skinned, etc.

So when I observed somebody complaining that a relatively benign criticism of Obama was out of line and unfair, I commented that it's no wonder people perceive Obama supporters as big babies.

Got a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

No......I don’t like Obama for his left wing politics, and his associcition with black extremists. Not gullible...Just informed. The real conspiracy here is how in the hell the DNC made the decision to have him run against a war hero during a time we are at war.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blixx
This topic is a moot point due to the fact that... and I'm sure this will come as a shock to some of you... YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT. Seriously, it was proven in the 2000 election when Gore won the popular vote, but we got stuck with Bush thanks to A
The Electoral College, and B
The Supreme Court(Puppets).

Umm.....do you know how the election system works? Apparently not.
The popular vote does NOT elect the President. If this were the case then Hillary Rodham Clinton would be the nominee because she has more popular votes than Barack Hussein Obama. Get over it!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's one thing to argue the man's policies, it's another to commit slander. I see alot of that here on ATS. Lots of unfounded rumors. And when one of us points to sources claiming otherwise they say it's all BS. It wasn't all that long ago that here on ATS people got banned for hoaxing, and lying. And that's what this amounts to. Several of us have exposed these lies, and yet these people continue to be allowed to spread anti-muslim rhetoric(Which is against the T&C under the racism clause.) Obama isn't even a Muslim and yet we still get all the idiots in here claiming Obama is a secret muslim terrorist, with an agenda for a muslim take over of Africa. And America, and Europe. The BS never ends.

Seriously ATS, when are you people going to enforce your own rules? The fact of the matter is ATS is a huge site, we're here to Deny Ignorance to the whole of the world by finding the truth that is mucked in secrecy, to peel away the truths protective layers if you will. We haven't been doing that. I love debating politics, but like everything else on ATS there should be quality in information. None of that exists. This may be a conspiracy site, but that doesn't mean we get to make up conspiracies that have no footing.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
reply to post by Masisoar

No......I don’t like Obama for his left wing politics, and his associcition with black extremists. Not gullible...Just informed. The real conspiracy here is how in the hell the DNC made the decision to have him run against a war hero during a time we are at war.

Because being a torture victim in Vietnam doesn't make you a security genius. Or an economic genius either.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

McCain Straight talk express derailing. Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't even get why people vote. Why bother? it seems to me that the 'candidates' are picked by the elite. So does it even matter? I mean if you really look at how votes are counted, or in reality not even counted. Just looks to me to be a big farce, a way to make the public satisfied.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
you can definitely tell that you have it out for Obama. why?

To answer that I'll quote my new best friend -

"I have to tell you Senator Obama: you’ve just become my hobby. You are a dangerous, illogical, inaccurate, and, I think soulless, pandering fool."

- Lou Dobbs 2008-05-27

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Divided we fail, but that is the plan folks. I find it so sad that we are still stuck at this point. Nothing will change if we can not see the truth, which by the way is not going to be told to you, you have to actively seek it! After the last eight years, you would think that we all know better and have a common idea of what needs to change, but we don't. We still let the MSM and the extreme right or left plant seeds of doubt in our mind. I thought collectively (as humanity) we were approaching a new dawn of increased awareness, but the more I see of these type of threads, I can see.. it is hopeless. We are all going to die, that is a fact. It is just a question of how soon and what is going to be the underlying factors into the death of a friend, country, or world. See you all on the otherside, I hope by then many of us will have seen the error of our ways.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This new strategy to attack the people that have a different view than you is getting about as rediculous as you feel about "anti-obamites". It's always been throughout history that the masses are sheep in general, the sheep are ofcourse gullible. What do we see here, we see the masses being swayed into supporting Obama, I'd say if anyone is being gullible it's the people that deny the possibility that Obama is lying to you when he says he does'nt know anything about his fanatical church, his associations and that his words weren't meant to be mean or spiteful they are just takin out of context, yeah right, so very conveniant! So were gullible for not believing him, lol, who's gullible now.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For clarities sake, I am not a member of either Party and don't agree with the two party system. I have no horse in this race. I see no particular reason to choose Obama over McCain and doubt we will truly know either one until deep into the general election rhetoric from both camps.

One thing that may end up swaying me is Obama's insistence on raising taxes. I know, I know, the psychobabble is that it's not really raising taxes even though it means small business owners and investors will pay more taxes, making that argument silly. If you have a retirement account, it will hurt you, period end of subject. I, like many other small business owners in this country, will be hurt badly by this. We operate as Sole-Proprietorships and these punitive taxes destroy us. It will also trickle down to hurt the poor, I guarantee you. I'm riding the edge right now and I have already cut back to half staff and would have to possibly eliminate all employees. All because people like Obama don't consider the REAL consequences of their actions.

For the vast majority of voters who don't seem to understand how small businesses function: All of my businesses income is seen as personal income. When Bush cut those taxes it helped me to hire extra help and expand as well as pay my help more in wages. My lowest paid person made over $30,000.00 last year and I pay more than any of my competitors. The only reason I make more than an employee is that my Wife and I both put in around 70 hours a week each.

If Obama does not make those tax breaks permanent, I have to also reverse course and lay off my help or go bankrupt. The downturn in the economy has already slowed my business by more than a fourth and if those tax cuts are not made permanent I may have to close down. Perhaps that is what these people truly want; to end the American Dream.

I dug my way out of poverty and built a small but successful business only to possibly be taken down by a horrible decision by an incompetent Politician. To those of you who work for small businesses [half the nations work-force] think before you vote. Taking money from those who worked hard to earn it and wasting it on social programs started just to garner more votes from the poor and uneducated; is one thing I hope those at ATS are against.

ASK YOURSELVES, what sense does it make to raise taxes when the economy is already in a slump. Ask yourselves, do people of privilege truly understand what it is like to do real work for very little money. Ask yourself, is it wise to take an action that would hurt small business owners who employ half the workers in this country during an economic downturn that is already nearly destroying them. Then- ask yourselves, what kind of person would do this knowingly? Obama apparently would and intends on doing just that.

A vote for Obama, may well be a vote to end your own job. Think about that. To those of my age, I smell another Carter Era coming down the pike; don't you? Lots of promises, no explanation of funding other than raising taxes, no real experience in the real world and a population that votes based on hate rather than logic. Pray the kiddies stay home on election day like they usually do.

I've pretty much lost hope this time around. I'm praying for a Third Party Candidate to materialize out of thin air.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Maya432

Do you know what "Official" means? Can you show me some information that proves that Obama is "officially" NWO?

And I don't mean a YouTube video some kid put together with scary music and his opinion in words across the screen. I mean REAL evidence...

no prob
here ya go
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Big babies huh?

Yes, big babies. Over the last several weeks I've talked to a lot of people from all walks of life and who supported a variety of candidates, and very many expressed their opinion that Obama and his supporters were acting like babies, whiners, thin-skinned, etc.

So when I observed somebody complaining that a relatively benign criticism of Obama was out of line and unfair, I commented that it's no wonder people perceive Obama supporters as big babies.

Got a problem with that?

Why didnt you quote my entire reply Jamie? Is it because you cant agrue the facts I just posted? Honestly now when you quote my entire reply instead of one word, I'll reply to what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Why people don't like barack hussein obama;

What are you on about? he makes fun of his own ears all the time, nobody said you cant. If your not voting for him because of his ears however then dont you think that's a pritty stupid reason?

We can't talk about his mother, We can't talk about his father.

Nobody said you can't talk about his mother or father, if you wish to discuss his history go ahead and make a thread. If you wish to insult him because his fathers kenyan and his mothers white, there is an obvious issue ain't there?

We can't talk about his grandmother unless he does, brings her up as a "typical white person."

What’s this with you can’t do this and you can’t do that?? Maybe you should substitute what you’re saying here for "we can’t insult his biracial heritage, we cant insult his ancestral heritage, and we dont understand why we're being called bigots for acting this way". Maybe that sums it up over what you’re trying to bring to us here. The thing is that nobody can stop you being a bigot but they can accuse you of being one and quiet frankly your main issue is that you don’t like to be called one. How’s this, stop acting like a bigot and maybe you won't be called one.

What about his wife? is it because she said "for the first time shes proud to be an american"? I'd say after 200years of slavery, another 100yrs for segregation and another 40 years of being marginalized from generation to generation, damn straight its the first time shes proud to be an american because a black man was given a chance to run for POTUS. After 7yrs of Bush I think anybody would be proud for the first time in while.

What the one who said GOD DAMN AMERICA for training the Iranians and Suddams regime in the 80's? The one under another republican administration? GOD DAMN AMERICA for helping Osama Bin Laden in the 80's. again under a republican administration. Your damn straight, GOD DAMN AMERICA.

What terrorist friends? Do you have any evidence or are you basing this assumption off of his arabic middle name? Maybe this is why your being called a bigot as well eh?

Whos saying this?? Who told you that you cant talk about his voting record?? if anything if people would stick to argueing his voting record maybe there wouldnt be need for this personal bashing we have everywhere on this forum.

What? That his a racist christian or a muslim? I cant tell because you people accuse him of both these things, kinda hypocritical dont you think

Why can't you talk about skin colour or race? Is it because its an issue for you in how you vote? Is race a major factor in the way you vote? If you wish to discuss his unique heritage Im all up for that but Im not sure whether you mean that or the fact you mean his race should be questioned for becoming POTUS.

Which friends? Have the evidence to back it up, its typical of you people to post propaganda and rumors without backing it up.

What schooling? That he went to a co-ed multi-racial and religious school in indonesia? Why dont you do research on the school he attended in Indonesia buddy, you'll find that its been a multi-religious school since its founding. Just because Indonesia is an islamic nation does mean every school and building will be islamic. Its not some kind of disease mmk?

By all means if you wish to learn about his name thats all fine. Hussein means hansom in Arabic. It is not a muslim name and there are such things as "christian arabs" and "jewish arabs" who carry the name as well. Do you have an issue with his arabic name?

Nobody is stopping you my friend, if you want to bring it up thats find and dandy, we'll compare his lack of experience to Hillary Clintons so-called "experience" and while we're at it we'll discuss how Hillary lost despite all the time, attention and power on her side.

Income, sure we can and while we're at it we'll discuss the $100million Clinton earned over the last 7yrs, the 30 or so million John McCain has and the 100 million or so John McCains wife has, Cindy McCain?. Tg me when you post a thread on this topic, Ill be glad to join you in a debate about income and eltism.

Oh yess.. the flag pin, the one that shows everybody that your some kind a patriot or nationalist or whatever, sorry I get nationalist and patriot mixed up when I think about the republicans. Why should he have to wear a flag pin to prove anything? The Bush administration used the flag pin as an excuse to whoo people in for supporting a war of lies. Why the hell should he have to prove anything to Bush supporters?

Who says you cant?? He is a liberal, so what? The last 7yrs we saw ultra-conservatives run the nation after the 90s when the liberals were in control, which decade was better?

You cant do this you cant do that is just utter BS, you want to have a debate on relevant issues for the election of POTUS thats fine, if you want to act like bigot, you will be called one as well.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Why would you make a statement about how well Obama will do in comparison to Bush or McCain? Are you able to see into the future? If so, can you give me the pick six numbers for Saturday so that I can become independently wealthy and spend all of my time blogging instead of working for a living?

Your remark about senility is unfounded as well. If you have proof of that, then post it. If not, retract your absurd comment. The problem with haters of American ideals like yourself is that you would vote for anyone who is not liberal. Destroying our country with the leftist agenda is ridiculous. How about this, we find a candidate who is worth a damn and vote for him/her whoever that might be. The options that we currently have are pitiful to say the least, but they shouldn't be called names to fit your agenda.

Let's work together to be good Americans and people in general and stop separating everyone into little groups so that we can continue with the norm. There is no such thing as an African American, Chinese American, German American, etc. There are North Americans and South Americans, although that has nothing to do with this country. You are either an American or an "Other". Others don't get to say anything about how we vote, how we live or any of that "other" stuff. Once we figure out that we are all Americans, we can then stop making assinine statements about the government's design to keep the African American down. We are the government and there are no African Americans. Therefore, we can never elect an African American to be president. We can, however, vote for a black man or woman who is an American. Barack Obama, a black American, is not the choice that is needed. He has no plan, just fluffy words that dolts flock towards.

"He's for CHANGE!" they cry as they head to the Soylent Green processing centers. He has no stated direction for this change. He has a record of doing nothing wonderful for the people of this country. He has his own self interests and the interests of the hate mongers who back him financially. A vote for Obama is a vote for NOTHING.

We would all be better served if we just blogged away until we came up with a candidate that the majority thought would do a good job for the country, but is unable to run because of campaign finance reform, and write that name on your ballot. Let's write in a single person and the parties be damned. Party politics has gotten into this quagmire right now. There is nothing that this great country can't achieve but if we keep voting in people who are interested in voting the party line, then we are doomed collectively. We need to have representatives of the people and hold them accountable for their actions.

Politics is not supposed to be a career. It is a duty that individuals fulfill to advance the wishes and needs of the masses. Vote ALL of the incumbents out of office this election. Let them know who wields the power in this country...the people. Once they understand that, then we will begin to get candidates for office who are not complete puppets. Eight years max and then back home to do the job that you had before...steel mill worker, lumberjack, librarian, teacher, lawyer, engineer, whatever. Politician as a job class is the ultimate stupidity. They can never have any ambition towards doing what the people want. They will continue to do what makes them money. INSANITY. Vote them all out.

I took quite a detour from my original reply but I get a bit worked up when I read this lunacy from both sides of the political spectrum. I am very conservative, but I have liberal leanings in certain areas. There are no candidates running for president that can make a like statement. They are Democrat or Republican. The party comes first, their bank accounts second, constituents (?). Who knows where we fit in? VOTE THEM ALL OUT!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Every time one of those items are mentioned, his campain gets on the news and whines about it not being fair,,

so, let me repeat them.

And as for his mobster friends - Rezko and his bomber friends - Ayers.

B-T-W Slavery was 200 years ago - get over it.

Oooohhhh - take the big bad liberal away - he scares "no-one"

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Every time one of those items are mentioned, his campain gets on the news and whines about it not being fair,,

so, let me repeat them.

And as for his mobster friends - Rezko and his bomber friends - Ayers.

B-T-W Slavery was 200 years ago - get over it.

Oooohhhh - take the big bad liberal away - he scares "no-one"

Why dont you reply to the facts posted above? Why can't you and Jamie reply to what im saying? What you cant prove anything against these facts? Why are you repeating yourself?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join