It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obamaism - Swaying the gullible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What does Obama have to offer to the blue collar crowd? Those are the people he is going to have to win over for him to have a chance in the election. Increased welfare and college tuition ain't going to cut it for the crowd who prefers to work with their hands for a living.

Massive charity programs for the third world while blue collar workers struggle here in the U.S. isn't going to go over too well.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

McCain's "independent/mavarick" tag

Independent maverick my ample ass...

can you say Keating Five? The man has a history of corruption no matter his military service...

He's no independent or a maverick... or a straight shooter... He's pawned his soul to the bush crowd in order for this run at the presidency...

if the bushies pulled on me; the crap they pulled on him in South Carolina in 2000, I would have told them to shove it up the ass and rotate... instead he sucked it up and cozied up to bush minor in order to have this chance.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

None the less, McCain pulls well out of the independent/ undecided voter bloc, you don't dispute that do you? Those States I described are in play. He also has worked on more bipartisian legislation than Obama has. You don't get change with Obama, no matter how many signs they hold up. If anyone thought the Dem Primary was rough on Obama, I'm sorry, but you haven't seen anything yet.

The debates should be fun and decisive for a change this year.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

I think Barack Obama will be a great President, and I hope he wins.

I am a New Zealander, my fellow Kiwis are very well informed and educated about the world they live in.
There are a great many things I admire about the U.S, but unfortunately there is a large percentage of people predominately from your Southern States that still believe the King of England is coming to get them, Islamic Terrorists are hiding behind every bush, and that only white Anglo Saxon's have the intelectual capacity to control everything.
Let's take a good look at that master intelect white Anglo Saxon leader, George Bush shell we?
What an embarrassment to your country he is. The rest of the world don't hate the U.S, they hate the Bush Administration and the wedge it has driven through the U.S and the rest of the world, and the strife it has caused. My country isn't perfect, but at least our leader has a brain.
Obama has the capacity to unite your country again and help bring some stability back to the world. To all you red neck Southerners who fear that Barack Hussein Obama, (sounds like Osama so we won't vote for him because he sounds like a Muslem), get a life. Do you actually think Bush was a real Christian? My bible says you will know people by the fruit they produce, by what they do. Bush is so up to his neck Freemasonry and unethical Big Business eletism it's not funny, nothing good has come from this crook and his cronies. I'm a Christian, but I believe that having a U.S president with a Muslem name might actually be helpful to the U.S and the west when dealing with the Middle East, people tend to trust you more when you have something in common.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So basically since Obama is black, not a Southerner and also not Bush he will make a good President? Well howdy, that's good enough for me.

Why can't anyone say anything concrete about him? "I like he stand on the Israeli / Palestinians Conflict" for example? C'mon now, get below the frosting to the cake.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Masisoar

I think Barack Obama will be a great President, and I hope he wins.

I am a New Zealander, my fellow Kiwis are very well informed and educated about the world they live in.
There are a great many things I admire about the U.S, but unfortunately there is a large percentage of people predominately from your Southern States that still believe the King of England is coming to get them, Islamic Terrorists are hiding behind every bush, and that only white Anglo Saxon's have the intellectual capacity to control everything.
Let's take a good look at that master intellect white Anglo Saxon leader, George Bush shell we?
What an embarrassment to your country he is. The rest of the world don't hate the U.S, they hate the Bush Administration and the wedge it has driven through the U.S and the rest of the world, and the strife it has caused. My country isn't perfect, but at least our leader has a brain.
Obama has the capacity to unite your country again and help bring some stability back to the world. To all you red neck Southerners who fear that Barack Hussein Obama, (sounds like Osama so we won't vote for him because he sounds like a Muslem), get a life. Do you actually think Bush was a real Christian? My bible says you will know people by the fruit they produce, by what they do. Bush is so up to his neck Freemasonry and unethical Big Business eletism it's not funny, nothing good has come from this crook and his cronies. I'm a Christian, but I believe that having a U.S president with a Muslem name might actually be helpful to the U.S and the west when dealing with the Middle East, people tend to trust you more when you have something in common.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Why can't anyone say anything concrete about him?

What do you mean?

I like that he wants to end the war. He has been against it since the beginning.
I like that he's pro-choice
I like that he's extremely intelligent
I like that he wants health care for everyone
I like that he doesn't display his patriotism for the sake of display
I like that he has a great sense of humor
I like that he thinks homosexuality is no more immoral than heterosexuality

I could go on...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's great BH, at least you have looked at the candidate. I would expect that out of a fine contributer to ATS as yourself. Quite a few of his supporters that I have met couldn't come up with one concrete thing. I even would ask them why Barack instead of Hilliary, what was different, and they just stumbled around an answer.

I have no beef with those who support a Candidate for valid reasons, I do have a problem with those who will vote because he for "change" and "new ideas" and then can't mention any specifics.

Sorry if I was painting with a broad brush there.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
agenda this agenda that ...
are you all really that blind ..
You fools discuss this as it woudl make a differecne ..
Obama CLinton or Mccain ...
ALL THE SAME !!!
hello ????are you really that far removed from the world that you still dont get it ..I g8uess you are ...I seen your TV and I seen you news i lived around you for a while and it stinks ...
News ....if its not the US it didnt happen ..
So brainwashed ....

You only have a ONE PARTIE 2 FRACTION system ..
Its irrelevant what you vote ..
Stop pretending anything would change it never does !!! Coopertae Fascism
Thats the agenda
Irrelevant what you want ..you only are presented their muppets ...
STOP VOTIN !!!! ALL OF YOU DO NOT GO VOTIN
that the only chance there ever could be
BUT as the masses think its a privilige and it will make a differecen ...you will never win
The masses are blind and vote as they are told !!!
NOT once in your short pathetic violent history have YOU the people ment anything in your country ,..
worst of all.... the game is been played very well
your so blind ..
Here america watch this ......dont think !!
watch your tv and vote for what you are told to vote for ..

THE GAME FOR FREEDOM HAS BEEN LOST LONG AGO .-.THANKS TO THE IDIOTS THAT POPULATE THIS PLANET ..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The simple fact is Obama has so much more, I can't really find a good word for it, I would say positive potential.

I found Hillary to be a mono-toned Robot that will do anything to get votes:
- Cry to gain sympathy
- Talk southern to gain the "She's from here too!" type position
- Make ridiculous comments

I really do not want to bash Clinton, just a person that's easier to seduce than Obama. Personally I hope he has a strong African American pressure and support group behind him to help keep him on track rather than interest groups.
A lot will look up to him.

I know he's not going to be a perfect President, but compared to Hillary and McCain (on his death bed practically), he's the best shot we have to turn some things around that Bush has ruined for our country.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by pavil
Why can't anyone say anything concrete about him?

What do you mean?

I like that he wants to end the war. He has been against it since the beginning.
I like that he's pro-choice
I like that he's extremely intelligent
I like that he wants health care for everyone
I like that he doesn't display his patriotism for the sake of display
I like that he has a great sense of humor
I like that he thinks homosexuality is no more immoral than heterosexuality

I could go on...

Ditto.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
maverick my ass, maybe back in the 90's and early 2000's... now his given his soul over to the Bushies and all for the sake of the presidency, talk about voting 87% of the time with Bush. And lieberman, his another faker hiding behind the "independent" name. What is it with some of these politicians and voters who deep down support Bush and his policies yet prefer to distance themselves from him under a different name because of the negativity tied to his name. Heck Im not afraid to call myself a liberal and support for Barack obama, I dont need to hide behind the independent or libertarian name for anybody.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that there isn't a HUGE so-called-conservative slant on this board is completely blind.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

"Ditto"?

When a Rush fan supports Obama, you know there is something seriously wrong.

Obama's plan to deal with the Iraq war will most likely extend the war on terror. Even though GW's decision to invade Iraq was stupid, we are stuck with it now, and it would be foolish to cut and run, especially now that the insurgency appears to have worked.

Obama is pro-choice, I'll give him that one, but so is every democratic major candidate.

I don't think Obama is all that bright.

He doesn't have a plan to give healthcare to everyone, the working poor, the people who deserve help getting healthcare the most, will be left out.

I don't think Obama is a patriot, he goes to a church that wants to put Africa first.

I think Obama acts like a spoiled child.

If Obama is homosexual, or bisexual, and he hides it, he is very dishonest, and probably a very confused person. Do we want a president who hides his sexuality in a closet?

I think Obama will do anything to become president, that he is the most power hungry candidate with the biggest chip on his shoulder, and would be the worst president of the three still in the running, as bad if not worse than GW.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Re: poet1b

I've never seen so many straw men in one place before.

So Mr. McCain, have you stopped beating your wife?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by flashback]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yes. It's rather easy. Mr. 'Change' voted 'present' 130 times.
That's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally gunna' change things.

I'd like to invite you to read my thread where I expose the Obama's "present" votes rumor...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He did vote present 129 times... out of over 4000 votes!! That's only 3%! And do you know why people vote present? I didn't think so. Read and learn.

He introduced 800 bills in his 8 years as State Senator. A hundred bills a year??? Yeah, that's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally gunna' change things! And he has and will continue to change things!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashback
Anyone who thinks that there isn't a HUGE so-called-conservative slant on this board is completely blind.

What?

If anything the overall board is slightly liberal in leaning IMO. Overall the mix / ratio is pretty even. It just varies by thread.

What a shock, two different people seeing two totally different things on ATS.

All in all, this place is pretty balanced.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
That's what it appears to be as of late on this messageboard.

Lets sway the weak minded towards going against Obama.

You like conspiracies right? You know "against the government always!"?
Well if you're along with that... you have to be going along with Anti-Obama.

All the lame mockery on this board and cheap shots at Obama are just uncalled for and there-in lies a deeper motive for all of this.

One word - Agenda.

your statement towards ANYONE that don't eat sleep and dream about obama.
make's people not want to vote for obama.

if you think people are weak minded cause we decide obama is a joke....
that's our right....heck 90% of the people that support obama in these threads..ARE NOT EVEN AMERICAN...

so i will sum up exactly what you are saying in laymen terms ...

If you hate obama...your a dumbarse..ignorant...inbreed...list goes on..

if you love obama ...You can sit with him in his throne in heaven when judgment day come's lol

well from this American that dislikes obama...

i take serious offense at your arrogance obama cultist undertone............BE GONE l

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join