It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Obamaism - Swaying the gullible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The saddest thing to me is if he is elected as the first African American president he could end up being the worst president we ever had when there are so many better African American leaders that havn't been leading a self rightous and prideful life. Vote for your little puppet it makes no difference, we are screwed for the next 4 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminist

But you still stand by your quote that Obama doesn't hate American and anyone that thinks so doesn't belong here? I would like to see you back the first part of that statement up.

I found this link below in another thread here on ATS. This doesn't include all the other stuff I have in my arsenal I found via Google... Simple searches to backup my claim and I am not the one back pedaling here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really would like to think you are being honest here but flyersfan has over 151000 points so you back off your argument? Its fairly shallow to retract your beliefs to "fit it" and that’s what it looks like you are doing... You will slam me for my -951 but someone with 15100 takes a swipe at your arrogance and you back peddle?

I don't base my membership at ATS on points. I really like ATS but I don't even know what or how you earn points. I have never looked it up and I really don't care to. I don't contribute to discussion tp earn points. I don't even know if having negative points is a bad thing or a good thing. I suspect its more bad than good though...
I have been with ATS for awhile so it has taken me a long time to earn my -951!

What I do know is calling for someone’s removal based on an opinion is silly at best. I am sure your 14 will grow one way other the other but that won’t change my opinion. I also won't openly call for your removal because I think I am right and you are wrong..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist
I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression of me.
I have been a lurker for many months, I only recently decided to start posting (Gotta start somewhere, ay?).

Yes, that's what the trolls usually say to excuse themselves. I would tkae a guess at saying that most "lurkers" will normally take a few days before making a decision as to whether joining a forum or not. Not months as you stated, which makes me wonder the validity of your statement or your intentions. To me it sounds more like giving yourself an excuse so as to not seem like a "newb" to the veteran posters here.

This kind of response makes me want to leave, quite frankly.

Don't hit your hind quarters on the way out. Sorry pal, as stated before by many other posters. This is ATS, and yours is not the only opinion that matters. If you can't take the heat, can't handle questions, facts etc. that are presented, then you'll be sorely disappointed and should consider going elsewhere where you can meet people that share your same views.

Edited to fix quotes

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Question]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Obama shouldn't be immune from discussion. he should be immune from morons screaming about globalist, the CFR, illuminati, bildebergs, and other such crap that in no way proves obama is untrustworthy or evil.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The main reason I waited for months before joining was simply because I did not feel safe signing up. Call me paranoid but thats my explanation. It took me alot of reading before I felt ready to post here, and I still don't feel ready.
Maybe I can't "take the heat," but It's hard to adjust to this forum from the forums I am used to. The reason I backed down after flyersfan's post was because if hes respected I simply don't want to blow my account by getting everyone against me. Surely people will choose his side over mine. (Forum politics... bleh)

Maybe I am a bit harsh with my opinions, but I haven't retracted them. I am simply trying to avoid no-where arguments that I seem to have started. I hope with time I can evolve my posts to something more useful. While I may be a noob to this forum (I admit that,) I am not a noob the forum communities.

I wish I could prove my intentions but such a thing is hard on this site. It seems while in discussion of a subject, I have annoyed some people and now the subject is on me and my intentions. I have in-deliberately hijacked this thread. Which makes me a troll - and with my experience on other sites, TROLLS SUCK.

May I ask we forget it? I simply want to join this community, and it takes time for me to adjust to such a battle zone of a forum.

If you wish to continue questioning my intentions, so be it. I will go about posting (and hopefully learn how to do it well here.) I hope this little first-day confrontation will not completely discredit me.

-Peace

[edit on 5-6-2008 by illuminist]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by POSTmajor

Ummm if you believe in that stuff it does. There is plenty of proof of those things being nefarious and they do exist so just linking him to them is proof enough for many people, not you ofcourse, but then proof is subjective to the viewer and I will continue not trusting him thank you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminist
reply to post by Level X

well said, sir.

As for that one liner? I just wanted to show some respect for this poster.

Star for you

Now wait just a darn minute here! Did you read your earlier posts? On one hand you say you hate Obama... Ok fine.. Then you call for my excommunication...

Now! Look at the Level X post on page 4 you show so much love for as quoted above... Level X is clearly an Obama supporter. Go back and read his post and try and reconcile that with your "dislike" of Obama. Maybe I am dense but it sure looks like you totally agree with Level X so Obama is indeed your man! sheesh... I really do smell a troll...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well when you start telling other posters they should be kicked off just because their opinion is different then yours you seem like a pretty big jerk really, not much you can do about that except stop being an elitist.

Edit-BTW your reverse psychology isn't working.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess I would have to say the anti-conspiracy vote is definitely pro-Obama. Conspiracies against him seem much more likely than conspiracies for him. Particularly when compared to Clinton or McCain.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Hey, whatever man... I think you are being so totally disingenuous its absurd. Your credibility is lost with me.

You say you don't even like Obama but you give the below quote a star and slam me for disagreeing with this kind of Obama support? I find the quote below just as offensive as you find my opnion of Obama. The difference betwen you and I is that you lied on the same darn page, in the same breath, got caught, called for my removal and now want a pass?

Level X Quote
"This time however, the man they are following is actually for them... Obama is a man who HAS and WILL win their hearts. Unlike the past, Americans finally are thinking on their feet, using their own minds at this point in history. -- IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!"

Edit to add:
I see I am now at -947... How did that happen? (The question is rhetorical)

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The reason I want this to stop is because I have un-intendedly hijacked a thread and have TURNED MYSELF INTO A TROLL.

Ya know, my ex-girlfriend calls me a flip flopper when it comes to my ideas. Although, I stand by my OPINION that I don't like Obama, and I tend to be harsh with my views (bad idea on my part.)
I did not mean to come off as what I was saying is fact, I was stating that I don't think he hates America. Do I trust him? Hell no. I

About what Level-X said, it's as simple as I don't agree with the attacks on Obama, and I think Level-X made a good point. Does that mean I like him (Obama)? No. And I don't "HATE" Obama. The only person I hate is my doppleganger (hes a douche). I agree with you on how I am coming off. I made a few mistakes on my first day posting here. I'm sorry. I wish I could take it back. I've been in a weird state of mind all day considering I did not get to bed until around 10-11 AM and slept until 5 PM (A big no no in my book.) So I am currently lost in my mind and shouldn't be posting.

I am not going to post in this thread any longer (or any Obama thread for that matter.) I am doing this not because I have been beaten or owned, but because I DO agree with you on how I am coming off and I wish to stop it so in the future I can post some informational articles I have been working on.

Hopefully in the future we can move passed this and my credibility will not be completely lost. I respect your ability to point out my flip-flopping and what not... And I AM sorry for being harsh with my original post... I wish I could rewrite that from ATS history :-/

[edit on 5-6-2008 by illuminist]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well I can tell you I am not the most polite guy on ATS and that's most likely why I am at -947 but I do think I am on the right side of this one. You came out with a sword and got hit by several bullets.... I'll drop it..

I will say you need to stick around. ATS is fun and don't get so caught up in the ATS points thing. If you get them fine. If not no big deal. Above all don't compromise your beliefs because someone has status... I agree with a lot of Flyersfans posts but if he were on what I thought was the wrong side of the issue I would go at it....
What matters is to discuss and even have a bit of fun...

See you around...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
After playing the race card so many times it is absolutely hilarious hearing Republicans complain about Obama's supposed racism.

But really you are not fooling anyone... its the same old tactic just played in reverse... since race baiting is out... claim your opponent is racist themselves.

See... no ideas except the same old noxious song and dance.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

ok except what you call proof, i call bullpoo. their is no proof that any of these institutions are evil EVEN IF a tiny minority of their members are nefarious individuals. saying Obama is a puppet for the globalists is like saying Colin Powell is a neo con just because of his membership in the Bush Aministration. I know this may surprise you, but the CFR has purposes other than world domination.

give me some actual REASONS or EVIDENCE instead your the usual idiotic speculation to explain exactly why we should think Obama believes in world government and other such nonsense.

ALSO what in the world makes you think Obama is a snob??? dont tell me you believe that Clinton-inspired media bull about him calling people "bitter". can i hear some actual valid reasons??

[edit on 5-6-2008 by POSTmajor]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by POSTmajor

Use google or search ATS, there are plenty of reasons people think CFR and Bilderberg are nifarious, if you don't agree thats fine, but I'm not gonna be your lap dog, if your not informed why are you even commenting? But your just bating anyway, we don't have to agree thats fine.
If you want me to comment on the bitter statement ok, yeah I think that was very arogent of him and shows a level of disrespect for a group of people that presidential candidates shouldn't be saying. Yeah I find it rude and don't think deflecting the attention to Hillary hound dogs makes his statement any less REAL.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

It seems to me that the weak minded make up the largest majority of those who support Obama. Them, and the conservatives who voted for Obama because they see Obama as the candidate to beat in the fall.

The arrogance of the Obamaites is clearly spelled out in the opening of this thread. Way to go towards bringing people together, arrogantly bash your opponents right off the start.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm a liberal, I started out wanting to support Obama. My feeling was, that if Obama wins the Nom, then I will vote for Obama even though I am for Hillary. I did my research to discredit the attacks against Obama, that he is anti-American, that he is a Muslim, that he is extremely dishonest, that he has many connections to criminals, that he is a racist, and what I found in my research is that Obama most likely is all of these things. I have listed my reasons for each of these things, and that can be found on the numerous threads on Obama, and I have yet to find an Obama supporter that is even willing to try and address the facts that I have brougnt up that prove these things to be true. All the replys I get from the Obama supporters are excuses, or attempts to change the subject. None are willing to face the facts.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My reasoning is simpler, I look at the Anti-Obamaites and their Brown Shirt Thug attitude, and I know who is a threat to my way of life, freedom, and openness. They would shutdown, shoutdown and ridicule anyone who would dare face them with reason.

If you want to live that way, I am sure there are a few Nazi outposts left in South America. People who resort to those measures know that their causes are unprincipled therefore they cannot survive inspection. They have no defense from the light of day and reason.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

It seems like you took the reality of the situation and flipped it around. It's the Obama supporters that have the brown shirt thug mentality, I mean just look at this thread and others that don't go after other candidates or proof that our acusations on Obama are false, they instead go after the "anti-obamites" themselves, they are constantly pulling the race card in his defense and telling us to basically shut up and that our opinions don't matter. Bla blippity bla, "anti-obamites" have laid all the proof out on the table while Obama supporters use that Brown shirt Thug mentality to try and suppress our right to free speech.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by POSTmajor
Obama shouldn't be immune from discussion. he should be immune from morons screaming about globalist, the CFR, illuminati, bildebergs, and other such crap that in no way proves obama is untrustworthy or evil.

Proof here

Best read up buddy. The people who have exposed him as CFR/bildeberg are not 'morons' .... they are very enlightened. Undeniable proof by Jamie83. (Excellent new poster, I might add)

OH ... btw ... Postmajor ... this is your first day and yet you also scream about 'morons' who believe in the CFR, illuminati and bildebergs. If these people are such morons then why the hell are you at a conspiracy site where most folks here understand and know that these things are true?

Every summer its' the same damn thing. A flood of these type of new posters. I can't wait for fall .....

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I look at the Anti-Obamaites and their Brown Shirt Thug attitude, and I know who is a threat to my way of life, freedom, and openness. They would shutdown, shoutdown and ridicule anyone who would dare face them with reason.

Oh man .. you've got it backwards!
The Obamatrons are the brown-shirters you have to worry about. The poor creatures are living in a fog and their Obamessiah is their only source of 'light' (and lucifer appeared as an angel of light)

[edit on 6/6/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join