It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gnostic Plot to kill God in 2012? (Armageddon?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I first came across Gnosticism in that great old book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. Now I've just read a Dan Brown style thriller in which a Gnostic conspiracy takes centre stage. For those who don't know, the Gnostics believed that the material world is evil, and so is its creator. Now, since the Bible says that the world was created by God/Allah/Jehovah then, according to the Gnostics, God/Allah/Jehovah is evil. In fact he can be equated with Satan. Meanwhile the True God presides over the spiritual universe. According to Gnostics, our souls became trapped in the evil material world and we must all seek the special secret knowledge (gnosis) that allows us to escape from the material hell to the spiritual heaven. In particular, we have to understand that the "god" worshipped by the Christians, Jews and Muslims is the ultimate false god, and the very incarnation of evil (and judging by what many Christians, Jews and Muslims get up to, the Gnostics seem to have a rather good case!).

According to The Armageddon Conspiracy by Mike Hockney, Gnostics have been conspiring for ten thousand years to achieve the ultimate act of liberation - to kill the evil creator of the world and free every soul from this hell we live in. The Ark of the Covenant, the Spear of Destiny and the Holy Grail all feature in their plan.

The book contains provides a ridiculous amount of research to "prove" its case. The worrying thing is that it all seems very plausible. And according to this book, the conspiracy reaches its climax in good old 2012.

So it is possible to kill God/Satan??

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Sargasso

.....is it possible to CONFINE the wind?~! There are still SOME things that man nor technology cannot do:-)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
anyone mad enough to try to kill god in a physical sense is indeed somebody who needs to be worried about.

Killing materialism... ok good idea.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am thinking if the gnostics hate materialism then why is the Holy Grail and all that stuff part of their story?Is that not a material thing??
Maybe I am ignorant but I am kinda wondering about that part.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Of all the religions aside from Greek and Egyptian mythology, Gnosticism is one of the coolest. Fantastically , of course. I do not believe in it per se as my name might imply, but it makes a lot of sense compared to mainstream Christianity. Kind of like The DaVinci Code makes sense, you know it's fiction, but it's based on truth.

I actually think that their "evil" god that created the world is actually the Catholic Church. Catholicism is the largest religion on Earth with 1.7 billion sheep under their banner. And the Gnostic s back in the day were horribly persecuted by the Catholics so it would only make sense that they would view them as evil.

Maybe 2012 is the fall of the Catholic Church, it's not too far fetched in my mind, they have many enemies. There has been 2000 years of world Catholic rule(figuratively), and if we are coming into the age of Aquarius we are at the dawning of a new era. And it WILL be the end of the world "as we know it"

OR, it could all be BS!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To try and kill the concept of God maybe but to actually make him die? Come on now.
What I don’t get about the Gnostics is if they hate the physical world and its (our) creator yet the only way to be free is through spiritual knowledge from direct experience with God?!?!? So they need God in order to get away from God?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't suppose Dan Brown can part with some of those materialistic greenbacks he 'earned' bashing that old time religion. I could use a little charity.

Seriously doesn't it just make you wonder a little, why someone would go to so much trouble to prove that Jesus is evil and try to discredit him?

John the apostle warned us that those who deny Jesus are the antichrist. (He was specifically referring to gnostic doctrines by the way.) I would be hardly surprised that antichrist teachings would be on the rise in these last days.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Sargasso
For those who don't know, the Gnostics believed that the material world is evil, and so is its creator.

It's a little deeper than that, sorry to say. You would be a genius if you could sum up the entire philosophical thought into one sentence.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If you just landed, the real world waiting and those who want to do harm had two thousand years to get ready

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_SargassoAccording to The Armageddon Conspiracy by Mike Hockney, Gnostics have been conspiring for ten thousand years to achieve the ultimate act of liberation - to kill the evil creator of the world and free every soul from this hell we live in.

Given that the oldest surviving gnostic group was founded in 100 AD (www.religioustolerance.org...), it's hard to see how they've been conspiring for "ten thousand years." Particularly since there's no evidence of the gnostic concepts in the oldest Egyptian and Sumerian writings (there's no God Of Evil/Satan).

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
G0d is Satan!

Religion is all daemons....

every religion is the same,G0d is The Sun=The Light of "Material World"

The Sun brings light in which is magick,in which is the root of all evil!

The True "G0d/Trth" isnt Material!

when we close our eyes and open our minds,it isnt "The Sun" that makes us see,because remember,"it takes light" in order to see,"anything"

if you want the truth,click on my sig,but remember,"you cant handle the truth"

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The real God rules the kingdom of light. The god which created the mortal and oh so material realm is of the darkness.

The two gods of genesis are battling for the ultimate state of control and when man fell to the earth, the battle for the spark of life began.

Eve was planted by both gods before Adam had his go at it. That is why Cain killed able. He seen ables god, the god of light, favored him and this enraged the seed of darkness.

Two gods, one battle to be fought from the realm of mortal man.

The Gnostikos have something there, and we should resurrect that doctrine to fight madness in the realm of mortal man.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The saying goes "a little knowledge can be a dangerious thing". You have proven this. You know VERY little about Gnosticism.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
To say the Divine is evil, is a cop out. Certain people can't handle the realities were faced with and thus decide that the Almighty and the Material world must be "Evil". Its just as silly as the cop out where people say the Divine has some kind of "evil" opponent.

Then for someone to go and say we could commit Deicide in 2012 is even more silly. We can't turn off the sun, we can't even stop the common cold and somehow humans are supposed to stop the Almighty? That is just too silly.

Instead of fantasizing about Deicide, we need to contemplate reality and our position within it. Pain, Death, all that stuff we subjectively think is "evil" and our actions. Humans are irrational, emotional, and violent creatures who often are sadists or masochists. Who are we really to decide what is Evil? We hurt ourselves more than anything.

Try looking up death tolls from plagues and disasters.
Then look up death tolls from wars and violence.

We, not the Alimghty or Nature, are our greatest threat and enemy, period.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
material world is evil because its fake.

for one,we are locked in a prison which is our flesh!=thats evil!
for two kingdom of light,what is light?
to whom,what is light?
to every religion,the sun is light.

god=the TRTH is not the sun to me.
i dont need the sun to see,so therefor the sun is a wannabe TRTH.

Every religion,look it up if you dont believe me,worships,The Sun as their god.(Every religion!)

and if,"WE" can see in our minds/our soul,then thats saying,"we are the light!"

that we make up g0d/TRTH not science! nor the sun in which forms science!

gnostic just means wise,enlightment,one who can make ones self mind unconsious. basically not a robot type of person .

The Trth will SET YOU FREE!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

I clicked on your sig. Catchy tunage. Other than that, I don't see an enlightenment forthcoming in the shaping of various geometric formations. I don't mean this as an affront to you, truly. I, like you, am looking for the truth. I don't feel any particular ephiphany from the linked youtube. Toward the end of the feature, I was hoping for a torus, or...... dare I wish....... a mobius graphic or perhaps even a fractal.

I'm curious what you find enligtening about the video/youtube. My mind remains open to new discoveries. PLease consider me a questioning soul rather than a skeptic.

cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Argentus,

Did you see the Arc of Covenant ?

ask yourself this,why is everyone looking andkilling eachother over this ARK?

Do you not know/understand what this drawing i did really is?

Ill just tell you this,its every secret hidden to man,now you figure it out!

its the final missing pieces to the universe,its every story,its every bible,its every lie and its every truth....

[edit on 4-6-2008 by meanmug]

[edit on 4-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yet another whack-job author trying to make his millions with a crackpot idea. As a Gnostic myself, I'm baffled by the information in the summary you provided. First of all, historically, there wasn't a single umbrella group of Gnostics. The early forms of alternative Christianity varied greatly on many points; their only connecting idea was that humans are capable of gnosis, which is the intimate, direct experiential knowledge of the Divine. For the most part, these forms of Gnosticism were wiped out after the 4th Century CE, resurfacing here and there in history as Manichaeanism, Catharism, etc.. While Gnosticism is a vein of thought that exists in many of the world's religions, there hasn't been an uninterrupted form of Gnosticism that has lasted 10,000 years. The longest lasting, uninterrupted line has been the Mandaeans, who've been around since Apostolic times and still exist. (Even mainstream Christianity can't say it's been around that long.) ... The point is, there is no vast Gnostic-wing conspiracy to kill the Demiurge (the Gnostic name for the Creator). There is however a consistent effort by humanity to break the shackles of ignorance (agnosis) and transcend the material world. If anything, we would seek to end his agnosis and help return him to the fullness of the Pleroma.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

There is actually people who seek the destruction of the Demiurge and his creation. There is a satanic-Luciferian tradition of anti-cosmic gnosticism which focuses on workings that aim to destroy the inner and outer aspects of the archonic prison.

for more information look into Temple of the Black Light and the Current 218/Anti-cosmic Chaosophy and Chaos-Gnosticism.

2012-12-21=11 and according to this tradition 11 is the number of the Satanic anti-Demiurgic forces. Their main numerical symbol is 218, which is 218=11.

So you see there is an actual tradition of (modern?) gnosticism that have aims similar to the ones you ask about.

I have not read the book The Armageddon Conspiracy by Mike Hockney, but maybe I should look into it, as these topics are interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
People reading this thread should first of all understand that the 'god they are trying to kill' from the OP is considered a false god, spawned as a bastard offspring from the true god which is the one source, the light or such. So when you say "kill god", you really mean, "kill the false god", the creator of this universe. This concept is not really the intellectual property of the gnostics, and as another pointed out there were many 'gnostic' sects, and some followed this idea and others thought quite differently.

There are really 2 spiritual sides of the "gnostic" coin, and this basic concept can be traced through ALL faiths:

1) A benevolent god created this universe as a kind of 'kindergarten of souls'.

2) A jealous and tyrannical 'demiurge' creator made the universe as a prison of souls.

Yes, there are definitely sects which fundamentally believe in the 2nd version of events, including the Temple of Set guys, Gnostic Luciferians, and many others, but also worth noting is that the dark shamans of pagan religions follow a similar path. My point is this worldview transcends as you say 'gnostics' or any given sect, it is as ancient as humanity itself. It is the root cosmological dichotomy: God is either Good, or Evil. And you have wishful thinking if you think there is no-one out there dead serious about the latter.

It is my own opinion that the hidden religion that drives the proponents of the so-called NWO are devoted to this 2nd group and are definitely challenging the creator of this universe at every level they can. If that includes a plot to destroy it all, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised. These guys consider themselves the illuminated ones. No-one and nothing is inexpendable to achieve their aims. What a royal pain in the ass they are to those of us just trying to get along!

Unfortunately, their hypocritical doctrine is self-blinding to a wider view of the universe. Whether you are buddhist, luciferian, agnostic or whatever, we are ultimately all just here to learn some big lessons. End of story.

I'll have to grab the book and have a read.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join