It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: First Iran-made Multiple Launch Rocket fired from Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Shoes of Israeli are definitely more comfortable then those of Palestinians (so not a countryman after all, ha?) and this is mainly due to the fact that if mine shoe will become too uncomfortable i will be unhappy and my politicians will not be able to be glued to the seats no more. As for Palestinians you probably understand that those in Gaza are so much more miserable then those in Ramallah and other "west bank" places. And Israelis are the same, Palestinians are the same. So what is the difference? No rockets, maybe? No Hamas in charge, maybe?
This democratically chosen majority never told their voters they will use them as human shield and will try to make them cannon folder with nothing to loose. What factory Hamas built? What hospital? School? No - only more Qassam workshops and more tunnels. So they are only interested in war with Israel and not with helping their own to live a little better. If person choose himself a bad shoe he has a problem until he changes it.
Also the moment you will show me Israel treated Palestinians like Nazis - i will agree with you (for all this is worth to you...) but i doubt you will find crematories and death camps ,however even if we forget it and you will find a minor detail like Jewish party in Nazi Reichstag or Jewish minister in its government i will do the same. If you consider yourself neutral and such, just look at naked numbers - how many Jews before and after WW2 and how many Palestinians before 1948 and now.
By trying to make a poor situation into something it is not ,what you hope to achieve?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Bunch;

That was my point. They were elected to govern and they have not. I agree that they should be given more land. If my history is correct, I do believe that the so called "Zionist" movement was begun in the early 20th century when Jews were buying land from the people living there. I also know that not every Palestinian sold their land.

Even a few years ago there were stories of militant Jewish settlers who were forcably removed from land that was given back to the Palestinians, so it is not all Israels fault. They have made concessions.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I am a Brit and I feel for my people murdered by Islamic suicide bombers, likewise Americans, likewise Israelis. Keep this real keep it simple. You a third element?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Also think about the supporters of the Taliban and their Muslim brothers in Pakistan watching as the Pakistani govt. keeps allowing American missiles hitting in Pakistan. How mad they are, yet the Pakistani govt. does nothing about it.

Pakistani govt. does not do anything about it?

I am sure everyones heard about the deals pakistan has struck recently with the Taliban to bring sharia law etcc in order for them to put down their weapons.Pakistan is actively negotiating with them and tribal leaders,releasing their high profilers and providing them some sort of alternative.Pakistan has seen enough bombs going off in its yard which is crippling the whole country and now they are making freinds with the terrorists.

Ohh and BTW Musharaff is getting grilled hard for being a Bush puppet at the moment.Dont think he will last much longer...

Coming back to the topic
Its funny how its becomes a BIG DEAL when Palestinians get their hands on some tweekd up rockets while Israel uses everything its got in its arsenal.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Seriously, What does that have to do with anything. To start with im persian, born in tehran. Ive lived in sweden most time of my life. Now i take israelis side ANY DAY. The israelis didnt force the moron palestinians to start attacking the jews when they escaped during ww2, they started a war they couldnt handle, deal with it! U dont think the palestinians have weapons? oh they do and they use it, they got bomb and they are stupid enough to use it on themselves when they blow themselves up, its called being a SHAHID, they go aswell to be rewarded by "allah"

The people throwing rocks are attacking soldiers, if they are that stupid they deserve no less then being shot at. I dont understand what people like u demand from israel, just because they are superior they should thrown down their weapons and go in with rocks as well? war isnt fair okay? and israelis didnt start the war. the palestinians did because they are too proud and because islam does not say nice thing about jews..hence their stupid hostility towards the israelites.
God bless israel from these foolish people.
Amen

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Also the moment you will show me Israel treated Palestinians like Nazis - i will agree with you (for all this is worth to you...) but i doubt you will find crematories and death camps ,however even if we forget it and you will find a minor detail like Jewish party in Nazi Reichstag or Jewish minister in its government i will do the same. If you consider yourself neutral and such, just look at naked numbers - how many Jews before and after WW2 and how many Palestinians before 1948 and now.
By trying to make a poor situation into something it is not ,what you hope to achieve?

So just because they don't cremate them means that this is not systematic genocide? They are systematically pushing the Palestinians into the sea. They have ghetto-ized them and siezed their property as their own. They erect new new Jewish settlements in Palestinian territory. They restrict their movement. They restrict their access to basic human needs. Tell me how this is any different then what the Nazis did to the Jews in Poland? I think we both know that you can't. Did you also know that the Jews were allowed to "elect" their own governing body for the ghettos for a while? Did you also know that there was a Jewish resistance movement during WW2 to the Nazis and their treatment of the Jewish people? Sounds really familiar doesn't it.

I am not turning the situation into something it is not. I am showing you similarities between how the Jews were treated by the Nazis, and how the Isralis treat the Palestinians. I can understand your support for the Israeli Nation, but please don't try to act like this somehow different than what it is.

Is what Hamas is doing wrong? Yes. Is it justified? In my eyes yes it is. When a group of people are pushed to the limit for so long, they will react in a way that grants them some kind of protection. Why should the Palestinians care about new schools or other infastructure? In the past when they had these it was either blown up or became "liberated" for settlers.

And considering that EVERYONE in that region before 1948 was Palestinian, I would say percentage wise there has been a huge decrease in the Palestinian population. What was the decrease in WORLDWIDE Jewish population from 1933 until 1945? Compare that with the decrease in population WORLDWIDE of Palestinians

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
come on rook.............................. who do you bat for?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

1948 population of Palestine - 1970000 (total,including 600000 Jews).
2007 Population of Palestine - 2600000 (only Palestinian Arabs in Palestinian autonomy, without Israeli Arabs. )
Polish Jews in 1931 - 3000000
Polish Jews in 1945 - 240000

Just numbers.
Now , genocide you say?

As for "genocide" remark -
Copied from my other post:
"
genocide:
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

education.yahoo.com...
National: Palestinians now have an autonomy (which they never had) and are on the way to gain Independence (which they also never had).
Racial: Numbers of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs are growing, and faster then any other demographic group.
Political: There are Palestinian political parties not only in Palestine, but also in Israeli parliament.
Ethnic: Numbers grow as i stated, and majority of Israeli Arabs can (and are) considering them-self Palestinians.
Not the first time i post it ,but never anyone disputed it
"

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
come on rook.............................. who do you bat for?

Honestly, what does it add to the conversation?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545[/

So you admit you do not bat onside?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Where? When? When you invaded Iraq? Or when you invaded Afghanistan? This events led to the real terrorism. And the London Bombings were an inside job. sorry, your government is corrupt, starting from the queen.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Copied from my other post:
"
genocide:
The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

education.yahoo.com...

So trying to rid Israel of the Palestinians is not nationally, racially, politically, or ethnically motivated? Why are they doing it then? Can you give me one REALLY good reason why the Israelis started doing this to the Palestinians?

National: Palestinians now have an autonomy (which they never had) and are on the way to gain Independence (which they also never had).

Are you trying to imply that when it was the sovreign state of Palestine (pre-1948) that did not have autonomy? Or are you saying that since the Israeli imposed ghettoization of the Palestinian people, they have FINALLY got Autonomy? I think they might have been better off before.

Racial: Numbers of Palestinians and Israeli Arabs are growing, and faster then any other demographic group.

Let's put this into perspective shall we?
In 1948 there was 608,000 Jews in Palestine and 1,292,000 Arabs.

In 2006 there was 5,390,000 Jews in Israel, and 3,330,000 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and West bank.

That is a population increase of 886% for the Jews, and 257% for the Palestinians. Care to revise your statement? Obviously the population increase here favours the Jews over the others.

Political: There are Palestinian political parties not only in Palestine, but also in Israeli parliament.

And your point is? It was Palestine first. They have more claim to the land than the Israelis do. Before it was Israel, I am willing to bet that there was Palestinian political parties. So really it was gracious of you to let them continue doing what they had done before you showed up. Real classy of you.

Ethnic: Numbers grow as i stated, and majority of Israeli Arabs can (and are) considering them-self Palestinians.

I think I showed that you are wrong on this. In any area, with all things being equal there should be a relatively even growth in population. I have shown this not the case. So what is causing the slow growth in the population of the Palestinian people? Could it be a controlled genocide?

Not the first time i post it ,but never anyone disputed it
"

I just did. If you can find fault with what I have posted (I am sure you will) I will be happy to discuss it.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Rook1545[/

So you admit you do not bat onside?

Maybe I am missing something here, but you will have to explain just what you mean.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

When there was suvereign state of Palestine?????? It was a territory under British mandate with British governer. Seems this issue somehow is not familiar.
And who tries to get rid of Palestinians now??? I just showed you how much the population grew. When Nazis tried to get rid of someone -Jews, Gipsies ,mentally disabled, whoever - you could see a different result. Why ignore this simple fact?
As for demographics - i made a mistake , number of Palestinians in autonomy was given without Gaza, so add another 1400000.
Do not forget about 1000000 Israeli Arabs also.
So it is approximetly 4600000 Arabs in former British mandate area and 5300000 Jews. But there were massive immigration of Jews. Only from former USSR in 1990s more then a million Jews arrived. Add massive immigration from Muslim countries ,US,Argentine ,Ethiopia and a lot more.
And growth i meant was natural birth rate. Another slip, yes. But it does not mean that there is genocide - Arab population birth rate is and was higher then Jewish one. And it is the main reason for growth, not so in Jewish one. Satisfied?
What "Palestine first"? It was always part of something, never independent since Romans. No Palestinian parties then,trust me.
I think that if someone judges in the cases of genocide he should now what he talks about,don't you think so?
Edit:
spelling and word change

[edit on 3-6-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My Gods! I absolutely want to be your friend! Its funny how a thread can go back and forth between those that are "getting it" and those self-loathing liberal "appeasers".
THEN..... someone like you comes along and starts spouting off COMMON SENSE! I've read somewhere that its so rare these days it could almost be considered a super power!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
But of course fuzzy wuzzy cuddly and caring Israel is supplied by the worlds most dangerous terrorists to kill civilians etc also - but that's okay right?

Sad part is that civilians are killed by both sides.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

good point i was thinking about the same thing, i really find it hard to understand whats wrong with these americans sometimes
are they blind truly ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Where is Reagan when we need him? That way we could sell Israel and Iran weapons and the media would just give him a free pass, then we could have sent more Mycotoxins to Iraq to help him gas the Kurds, hell, Rumsfeld and him have a cozy relationship, I sure am so nostalgic for the 1980's. We could maybe even get Osama on our side again, and use our troops for important things like before, such as teaching South American terrorists how to use rape as a form of warfare against there legally elected governments.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join