It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 462
<< 459  460  461    463  464  465 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
That there is a BRAVE man.

Probably dead, but BRAVE.

Check the rankings.

I'm just saying this if no one else wants a go. I recommend that someone does. You learn more about debate going up against a talented opponent than anything else.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hem, in case you guys haven't noticed both Vagabond and Intrepid are former debate champions, and trep is rated higher and is on a current six debate winning streak.

No favorites in this race, and one that I for one would love to see.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Me thinks some of Shakespeare's writing eludes to the fact he is not the true author... Or do I just want to find a conspiracy?

Where is that earlier suggested thread where we can discuss our debates?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Taking intrepid on in the first round would be one hell of a way to start a tournament. I'm kinda hoping that SOMEBODY on the alternate list was serious about joining if Mike doesn't show (probably a moot point- Mike has very predictable posting habits. He's always more scarce on mondays and he will almost certainly be back between 2300 and 0500 tonight/tomorrow).

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Here's the list of alternates that Mr. Shock posted:

Standbys
---------------------------------------------
Logarock
Grambler
kryties
supercertari
spliff4020

While I agree that a Vag v trep first-round battle would be a grand thing to behold, if I was a new fighter I'd jump at the chance to take you on. After all, no one would expect me to win, so it would just be a great chance to get my feet wet.

edit: him-->you when I realized who I had "replied" to
2nd edit: to correct spelling lugarock-->Logarock

[edit on 2/17/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I would have (I was on stand-by), but I got tapped for another debate in the tournament earlier this afternoon.

I am equally clueless on both topics, so it would have been easy to squash me.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
test post

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

We have already had someone step down from their debate and another bumped for lack of communication.

The latter's replacement was decided due to prolofic interest here in the FCP (Welcome skeptic1) and the former was decided by a 'mass' u2u to the entire stand by list (to be announced as someone just responded).

Due to the unpredictable nature of whom is still interested, I figured the u2u route was an amicable compromise.

The same strategy will be employed with your debate, Vagabond...though intrepid may be added to the list...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I have to say that it is a little unfair on both The Vagabond and Intrepid to a lesser extent to have to go against each other at such an early stage of the tournament. After all both have worked very hard to earn their present ranking.

However on a purely selfish and personal level I would love to observe a debate between two such "giants" of the genre.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ooops. Sorry, Trep. I probably should have checked, but I was at work and it was a spur of the moment off the cuff post. I sit corrected (and embarrassed).

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My opening statement is up.

This is going to be interesting, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Your opponenet is going to rue the day you stepped into the arena...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'll get squashed.....I'm the queen of crappy luck. :shk:

But, this is fun and intellectually challenging. It is always good when one can add to their knowledge bank.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How do I get a copy of a PDF file page? I am blown away by something I just discovered and want to copy it, but the little hand is wont let me right click, help?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Are you trying to copy a quote from a PDF that comes up in Acrobat or trying to save the file to your computer and work on it from there?

[edit on 2/17/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Mine too.

I always think if I've said enough in my opening posts. Usually I want to save most of my ideas for the middle of the debate.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I dont know, I think when you go into a debate with a certain energy charge in favor of your side, it has to be the turning point, the most important thing is that you get the information out and your opening was highly intelligent and straight from the gut, I could feel it. Your typing had to have been fast to keep up with the thought pattern.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It was fast typing....thank goodness for Word and spell-check/grammar check. I re-read it and found one word that I messed up on, but no biggie.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Copy a quote from a PDF, but you say I can save it to my comp and then I will be able? Im soooo excited! This is really telling if it is true.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, some PDF documents are 'digitally protected', and don't allow copy-and-paste.

As this is lame, here is a link to a PDF 'unlocker', which will turn that off:
www.ensode.net...

That will enable 'fair use' copy-and-pasting of excerpts of the PDF text.

top topics

<< 459  460  461    463  464  465 >>

join