It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 434
<< 431  432  433    435  436  437 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

I thought California was the Cereal State. You know, the land of fruit, flakes and nuts.

And raisins.

Don't forget the raisins.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
on the hat: Brim makes a lot of the difference. The larger brim of my avvy's hat is hiding in the dark background. It's really a moot point though since the only hat I ever looked any good in was my marine corps cammie cover.

on the cigars: Usually if I've got em at all it's cognac flavored Al Capones (cigarillos). Rarely get a real cigar anymore, but it would be ACID Kuba Kuba if I did (recently replaced Punch as my favorite).

On the belt buckle- not only have a got a pretty nice one, but I got it the right way- for free, by kicking ass and taking names. (Got it and a pretty nice buck knife from the UBCJ for all the work I did for their political action committee in the '06 election.)

Alas I don't think I've had more than 3 new pairs of jeans in the last 2 or 3 years... and that was only because some goober broke into my truck and stole my sea bag along with most of my wardrobe and some exceptionally detailed notes from an Intro to International Relations class.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So you can get 100 cigars for under 50 bucks here:
www.2smokecigars.com...

Question, do you chew on them first for a while or just light em up?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And raisins.

Don't forget the raisins.

Nothing gets by you!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Alas I don't think I've had more than 3 new pairs of jeans in the last 2 or 3 years... and that was only because some goober broke into my truck and stole my sea bag along with most of my wardrobe and some exceptionally detailed notes from an Intro to International Relations class.

The same thing happened to me on a train once – someone stole a duffel with most of my clothing and a semester's worth of notes on the changing image of the Virgin Mary through the centuries

I didn't realize that thieves were interested in religious history, or international politics for that matter. I hope someone has made good use of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I chew them. When I got my truck a couple years back and didn't want it smelling like smoke I discovered that the best way to keep myself from going through half a pack of cigarettes on a long drive is to buy a pack of Al Capones and just chew on one without lighting it for the whole drive. It ain't exactly nicoderm but it's a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

That's the most baffling part. I know the thief wasn't a scholar. He ignored my brother's shiny new GMC sitting on 22"s, ignored my dad's even newer truck, and went for my '94 Ford with a big scrape down the side. Then he left me several hundred dollars in CDs, my CD player and new 6x9s, and a 200 dollar leather jacket (on a very rainy night!) and made off with a bag full of used jeans and t-shirts plus my backpack. What someone that stupid expected to do with my school stuff is beyond me.

The best I can figure is that he thought he was stealing military gear he could hock to a surplus shop. Both of the bags were Marine Corps issue and stuffed to the gills.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Maybe twenty years from now we'll hear a presidential candidate tell the story of how his life was turned around by a bag full of International Relations notes that he stole hoping to pawn something for crack money

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
A one term president, might I add. His numbers will start to drop after he loses the first two debates in his re-election bid, and will PLUMMET when the challenger reveals that he is the author of the Crackhead in Chief's stolen play book.

Then I'll imminent domain his presidential library and use the site for a monument to George W. Bush, just to make it clear how much I despise the thief.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
a monument to George W. Bush, just to make it clear how much I despise the thief.

Surely not a monument to GWB?! Maybe more of a "we must preserve the record of the past that we might not repeat it" sort of thing?

Maybe a grand museum of Presidential Idiocies?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You're just still angry. Eventually you'll forgive ol' dubya. Just look at Franklin Pierce: same bloodline (and apparently the alcoholism in this case is hereditary) and every bit as dangerous for this country, but now that his corpse is withered beyond all recognition and his policies almost completely erased by time, he's not such a bad guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Hmm ... Franklin Pierce:

It could be said that Franklin Pierce had little business being President, but in a nation fragmenting over slavery, only a bland, affable political lightweight was palatable to the electorate. … For most historians, Pierce is viewed as an inept chief executive whose traditional style of leadership failed in the face of the massive electoral divisions over slavery and the aggressiveness of southerners.

Source

His inoffensive personality caused him to make many friends, but he suffered tragedy in his personal life and as president subsequently made decisions which were widely criticized and divisive in their effects, thus giving him the reputation as one of the worst presidents in U.S. history. … Pierce has been ranked among the least effective Presidents. He was unable to steer a steady, prudent course that might have sustained a broad measure of support.

Wikipedia

No, I think his reputation as a terrible president stands - it'll take at least another 150 years to rehabilitate it.

In both cases, their alcoholism is probably their most endearing characteristic.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I wasn't suggesting that his record as a president has improved, just that the wretch factor has dissipated. Nobody minds having a street named after him as far as I know (and seeing as my cousin lives just down the highway a bit, off Pierce Street, I would expect to hear something).

The streets out here proceed all the way from Washington to Cleveland. I think they stopped there because they realized that if they kept going they would have two Cleveland streets. But if they ever clean up the Salton Sea, they'll have to extend the road system on the North end there, so they'll figure out a solution to the Cleveland Street #2 problem and then they'll have plenty of room to get all the way to Bush before they hit the Chocolate Mountains Naval Gunnery Range (nevermind why there's a navy base in the mountains, it's not important).

My point is, if all that happens anytime in the next 8 to 12 years, there is no way that they'll get a street named after Bush. (What they'll do is omit the second Cleveland street, and use that as a precedent for placing Fern street between Clinton street and Obama street.)

Did Pierce have to go through all of that? Nope. We kick our leaders when they're down, but usually not when they're six feet down.

George and I may each have destroyed a few lives in the course of entertaining our respective inner children, but when we each die, you'll all still come to our wakes and reminisce about how much we made you laugh... which is very rude if we aren't in on the joke. But then after you've had a few drinks you may decide that we were only abusing you because we wanted to make you tough. Then you'll wish you'd said something. And an imaginary conversation with us will take place about that something. Then you'll imagine how great things could have been if you'd had that talk while we were alive. You'll substitute that for memories of the painful truth and eventually grow to miss us, potentially causing some psychological damage as you begin to subconsciously blame yourself for not changing us.

(practicing my slippery slope argument for the tournament)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
PS, I realize they already solved the double problem when they omitted John Q Adams. I just left it out because it wasn't helpful to my argument.

(Another debate skill I want to have warmed up just in case I draw a position that doesn't play well with reality)

Almost forgot to mention- quoting this post in a debate would only serve to prove that you have no sense of humor at all. Any past or future claim that you have a sense of humor shall be construed as agreement not to quote this post in debate, under penalty of having it thrown back in your face for the rest of the tournament.

[edit on Thu Feb 12 2009 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'm curious as to whether you think there will be a Bush St. that comes before Clinton St.?

Dubya would get left out anyways, right? Based on the Adams precedent?

And I bet there are already Reagan Streets popping up all over California

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by antar

I hear you Heike, I am begining to wonder if he is my ex...

You notice that every female Fighter here replied to TheVagabond's description of himself

notice that it is wrong!

i didn.t

morning pub and morning pup

Originally posted by MemoryShock

California does something for the brain...

what does california do for the brain?

i got certain ideas, but i won.t mention them

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light

Originally posted by americandingbat

You notice that every female Fighter here replied to TheVagabond's description of himself

notice that it is wrong!

i didn.t

Good morning orange

But you weren't here when he described himself. TWISI didn't say anything, nor maria_stardust, questioningall, probably others too. I just meant the five of us who were actually in the pub at the time

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

monring dingbat

yep i stumpled over "every female fighter" and felt excluded

never mind
i just didn.t wanted to let a chance slip away to say something

self description of the vagabond: i only trust what i have watched myself, so where is the photo that matches that description?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Morning everyone.

I'm moving a little slow this morning due to an extremely intense wind storm last night. No real damage but it gave us quite a scare.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Good morning all.

Orange, what does California do to your brain? See TV's 2am ramblings above. We call that "rummaging through the dustbin of history, before the dogs get there".

Reminds me of the town in Texas that bowed to public pressure, and made a "Kennedy St.". The town council members decided that would be the perfect name for the road to the new dump outside of town.

NYK, wow! I didn't realize you posted so early yesterday morning! I better get to typing!

top topics

<< 431  432  433    435  436  437 >>

join